Fabs homemade Indiana Jones Props

Turned out great!
How did you make the form? And did you make the edges with dremel as well, where the writing fades into the "stone"?
Plaster is easy to work with :)
I made a mould with clay and filled the plaster in.

Just write the text into the plaster with a Dremel and easy sand all at the edges to fade out.
I plan to make a silicone mould, because I'm worried to break the tablet, because it's just plaster.
With a mould I could reproduce my tablet if I would break it

Last edited:
Plaster is easy to work with :)
I made a mould with clay anf filled the plaster in.

Just write the text into the plaster with a Dremel and easy sand all at the edges to fade out.
I plan to make a silicone mould, because I'm worried to break the tablet, because it's just plaster.
With a mould I could reproduce my tablet if I would break it
Understood. I like the choice of plaster because it feels more realistic almost like sandstone. I‘m not a big resin fan ‍:lol: but I get the intention.

Last edited:
Understood. I like the choice of plaster because it feels more realistic almost like sandstone. I‘m not a big resin fan ‍:lol: but I get the intention.
The original one was made out of plaster :)

Attachments

• INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) - Grail Tablet.png
    INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) - Grail Tablet.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 122
I know. I thought about it, but then wasn't to eager to have the dust and crumbles in my room. :lol: So I chose wood to not have to do resin. Maybe I'm gonna do a sandstone version in the future.

No I meant when I move it arond in the display. I rearrange my stuff from time to time and with plaster it's always a bit delicate to handle ot to hang. But definitely feels more real, what I normaly go for. But I still have a few projects to do before I come back to that. :)

No I meant when I move it arond in the display. I rearrange my stuff from time to time and with plaster it's always a bit delicate to handle ot to hang. But definitely feels more real, what I normaly go for. But I still have a few projects to do before I come back to that. :)
same here. I always have some projects in mind and starting some, but not much time to finish all open projects.
I made some paperworks in the meantime, e.g. from Django unchained Broomhilde's Slave papers, Casablanca papers, Shutter Island paperworks and starting to make the US Marshal Badge.
At the moment I'm working on a complete Sir Richard's Shield with front and backside . . . Too many ideas, but too little time :(

same here. I always have some projects in mind and starting some, but not much time to finish all open projects.
I made some paperworks in the meantime, e.g. from Django unchained Broomhilde's Slave papers, Casablanca papers, Shutter Island paperworks and starting to make the US Marshal Badge.
At the moment I'm working on a complete Sir Richard's Shield with front and backside . . . Too many ideas, but too little time :(
I know the drill :lol:(y) But it's fun. And I'd love to see the paper props, too. :)

I know the drill :lol:(y) But it's fun. And I'd love to see the paper props, too. :)
Here is my Broomhilda (Kerri Washington) freedom papers set. It includes three separate sheets,
1 sheet that shows she is free and the other two were her purchase papers.
I wanted to post it in a Django thread, but I couldn't find an accurate one.
What paperworks are you interested to see, yet?

Attachments

• 20210627_141327[1].jpg
    20210627_141327[1].jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210627_141347[1].jpg
    20210627_141347[1].jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210627_141402[1].jpg
    20210627_141402[1].jpg
    215 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Than maybe you should open a new Django thread? :lol: One where people can contribute to as well. Otherwise I have to rename the thread here. ;) It‘s really cool to see your selfmade props and I‘d love to see them all but we shouldn‘t mix up the topics. It’s a forum after all and when people browse they should be able to find the stuff they are interested in.

(y)Here is my Broomhilda (Kerri Washington) freedom papers set. It includes three separate sheets,
1 sheet that shows she is free and the other two were her purchase papers.
I wanted to post it in a Django thread, but I couldn't find an accurate one.
What paperworks are you interested to see, yet?
Looks great (y) did you make the stamp and the seal yourself?

Sir Richards Shield (picture)

Like the tablet it is made of wood. The writing was trandsfered to the wood with charcoal paper and then dremeled out.

To be able to better hang it on the wall I thought I made a flat version to mount it like a picture. The ratio of the engraving is therefore a bit smaller than on the tablet and the movies as it is smaller without the curve.
The separation(cross) or how you call it is made of steel and then painted.

The panting is done with sparypaint and acrylic colors. No weathering done yet.
Finally I could finish my own Sir Richard`s Shield.
I wanted get finished on easter already, but it took a little more time.
Made with pre-casted engraved plates and a thin wooden back first.
A mould made and with monsterclay filled, then.
Giving all the weathering on that monsterclay mold and made a new mould of that shield, then.
Moulded in resin and expoxy then. The backside made with acrylic glass/plexiglass, with a linen cloth glued on it.
In addition, plastic strips were attached, which were bent and screwed on.
The leather straps are fixed with book screws and the screw heads made look like old rivets.

Most work was the weathering paint job and I always find new spots to change a little.
On one of the pictures you can compare the original shield prop and my finished prop.

Call me crazy, but the next project I plan, is Sir Richard's coffin from his tomb.
The skeleton almost has been finished already :cool:

Attachments

• compared_shields.jpg
    compared_shields.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210726_123117_001[1].jpg
    20210726_123117_001[1].jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20210726_123227_001[1].jpg
    20210726_123227_001[1].jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210726_125545[1].jpg
    20210726_125545[1].jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210726_125622[1].jpg
    20210726_125622[1].jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Original_Shield_DSCF2538.jpg
    Original_Shield_DSCF2538.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Indiana+Jones+-+Crusades-107.jpg
    Indiana+Jones+-+Crusades-107.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20210726_123056[1].jpg
    20210726_123056[1].jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Indiana+Jones+-+Crusades-108.jpg
    Indiana+Jones+-+Crusades-108.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210726_125610[1].jpg
    20210726_125610[1].jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210726_142730[1].jpg
    20210726_142730[1].jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Finally I could finish my own Sir Richard`s Shield.
I wanted get finished on eastern already, but it took a little more time.
Made with pre-casted engraved plates and a thin wooden back first.
A mould made and with with monsterclay filled, then.
Giving all the weathering on that monsterclay mold and the made a new mould of that shield.
Moulded in resin and expoxy then. The backside made with acrylic glass, with a linen cloth glued on it.
In addition, plastic strips were attached, which were bent and screwed on.
The leather straps are fixed with book screws and the screw heads made look like old rivets.

Most work was the weathering paint job and I always find new spots to change a little.
On one of the pictures you can compare the original shield prop and my finished prop.

Call me crazy, but the next project I plan, is Sir Richard's coffin from his tomb.
The skeleton almost has been finished already :cool:
Spectacular!

That stamp looks sweet, do you just wet the leather and whack at it with a hammer? Or do you use a press? I've only ever used tiny leather stamps when I was a child, nothing large like this.

That stamp looks sweet, do you just wet the leather and whack at it with a hammer? Or do you use a press? I've only ever used tiny leather stamps when I was a child, nothing large like this.
I wet the leather to burnish the area around the letters. Then I put it in a vice over night to really elevate them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back