Evil Dead II/Army of Darkness replica chainsaw

Thanks for that.

How accurate do you think it is compared to what they used on the movie prop?

It's not 100% screen accurate but it's the closest I could find .... and it's comfortable for the wrist because it's made of rubber :lol

Aswome builds here, but where the hell are you guys in th UK getting these chainsaws i've been looking for one for years and can only seem to find em in USA???? :cry

Drac - eBay is your best bet for a base chainsaw. They do come up from time to time.

Almost finished mine, finally. I'm just waiting on one of PeteVenkman's grills to finish it with, plus maybe adding some fake blood:

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Cutting the engine down was a bit of a chore, but it's comfortable enough inside now. The hand opening is still a tight fit, but it's fine once it's 'on', if you know what I mean.

Drac - eBay is your best bet for a base chainsaw. They do come up from time to time.

Almost finished mine, finally. I'm just waiting on one of PeteVenkman's grills to finish it with, plus maybe adding some fake blood:

View attachment 175725

View attachment 175726

Cutting the engine down was a bit of a chore, but it's comfortable enough inside now. The hand opening is still a tight fit, but it's fine once it's 'on', if you know what I mean.

I keep looking but no luck so far :( nice work there m8 (y)D

Hexham eh - know it well. You coming to screencon on the 4th?

Just keep searching and one will pop up on ebay eventually, that's how I got mine.

I have a Homelite that I was going to sell off, but now I think I will be making one of these down the road as a project. Why not? :)

Sadly posting away to myself in this thread, like Billy no mates....

I don't care, I'm 'crafting my fandom'. ;)

Here's my Ash mannequin in progress:

IMG_0282.jpg

Yeah. I did very little "sculpting" to it though - just opened up the eyes (so sculpted eyelids), sculpted scars, added lifecasts of my ears, and bulked out the back of the head with carved floral foam and plaster bandages. It was a one off though - didn't even think to cast it. Haunted Studios has the best price for the Bruce lifecast(s).

IMG_2494[1].JPG

Been in the institution for a stint... Had a mental breakdown and tried to off myself... TMI hahaha but yea, figured I'd post my saw pics on here since I kind of started this post.

It's about 95% done.
Just need to take pics of it as it is right now (fixed the top plate bolts/made a new setup for the inside/painted some more oil distressing and so forth) and to complete it, I need to plasti-dip the side handle and then add the gore fx.
I'm so in love with my chainsaw... Think I did a pretty damn good job for a "mask maker". My first real prop project that's worth a damn.

Anyhoo, I will get more progressive pictures of the beast soon, for now there's these:

IMG_2511[1].JPGIMG_2510[1].JPGIMG_2509[1].JPGIMG_2508[1].JPGIMG_2507[1].JPGIMG_2506[1].JPGIMG_2505[1].JPGIMG_2504[1].JPG

Looking good Jimmy. It looks like all your hard work and dedication to this is paying off. Excellent job. You are the reason I built mine and was able to do it as well as I did. Thanks.

Thinking about showing off my "final work" even though it seems this is one of those projects you seem to constantly tweak.

Gonna be putting together a Dr. Philip K. Decker from Nightbreed costume this year so this project seems about la fin.

If anyone wants my saw for their personal collection shoot me an email and I just may consider selling it. Otherwise it's going on my wall and going to be forgotten about other than horror memorabilia decor. I can also do any silicone/resin pulls of parts and pieces you guys may need to complete your saws.

Going to start a Decker thread soon so anyone of you that want to help me accumulate the props and accurate pieces mosey on over there when I link you to it via final saw pics post.

I want to thank all of you for your enthusiasm and support as a heads up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back