ESB Bladed Stunt Graflex Lightsaber "The Core!"

Why do you think the blade was cut off? Perhaps it was just "unscrewed" from the metal pin sticking out of the shroud?

Only reason I say that is because the v2 was hacked off

But who’s to say now the blade doesn’t slide over the v2 rod like the dv6?

Very possible like you guys are saying, the blade slides over the rod

Tom, and mouse I’m loving this fabric. I haven’t ordered any yet but seriously plan to

How much heavier does it make the blade?

Tom Does it roughly feel the same as your 3m tape covered blades?

I only ask because with my Guinness legend the blade is to finicky, and has to be super balanced.. the heavier the blade the harder to balance
The 3m fabric is thicker than the tape, but very lightweight. The tape is almost negligible when it comes to extra mass, but I think this stuff will look better. Kurtyboys stunt is scary accurate
Why do you think the blade was cut off? Perhaps it was just "unscrewed" from the metal pin sticking out of the shroud?
the DV6 rod has hacksaw marks, and even has the uneven area when you give up backdating and take a hammer and finish the break!

Sorry, yeah, I was just talking in a general sense when I said cut off the blade. Probably was the rod that the blade slid over.

Whatever it was, they sawed it off I'm guessing to get it ready to go on tour. Like y'all have already said.

And yes!! That's the pic. Who IS that guy?! Is he also wearing and Indy jacket? And I never noticed the car on the left, I'm guessing that's from Last Crusade? Sallah's brother in law's car?

Anyway, I used to come back to that pic a lot in the late 90s. The blade is mesmerizing, and the dude has this "look at what a BAMF I am" look on his face!

I can also see (in the deep background) a 3P0 head, a Hoth Scanner, the T-16 model, and closer to us, possibly a blaster or two? Could that be the Greedo Killer? I wanna say I can almost see the two Weaver rings. Could just be what I WANT to see.

Last edited:
No worries, the ROTJ saber is extremely important to this project.

I think those are DL-44s, and the floppy sight is facing the camera of one of them

Maybe it's a casting of a Singlepoint that I'm seeing. I just don't know. Kind of just turns into a black blob when you stare too long. Posting it again so I don't have to keep going back a page. Hope that's cool.
tapatalk_1552073605420.jpeg

Thanks for that! Haven't seen these pics in A LONG time!

So the dude is Josh Ling. Dunno who that is, but man, what a lucky buncha du-brahs!

There were a couple Restraining Bolts in one of the pics, that weren't noted in the caption. Just to the left of the dude's eyeline, right of the fuzzy dice. And closer to us, looks like Lando's microphone. Just left of the hat.
archive25_lg.jpg

Finally... got my V2 painted & blade made up. Golf club core, Chinese fabric, spray adhesive. Tricky to do - it took me 3 goes to get it down to lightly

wrinkled. The bumpiness is the glue, comes out like Spiderman with a heavy cold. However this looks much like what's in the pic's. Luckily cleans up

with white spirit. Still have to work out how to photograph to get the blade really bright.

DSC08702.JPG
DSC08701.JPG
DSC08694.JPG
DSC08686.JPG
DSC08685.JPG
DSC08684.JPG

The grayness certainly looks very like the pictures we have. Even the wrinkles, I think, explain something that's always puzzled me but I haven't the time to explain just now, I'm here to post a couple more pic's.

I can do bright ! & look Ma no flash either.

DSC08714.JPG

& I can do colours !!! :eek:

DSC08716.JPG

DSC08717.JPG

nice!!!!
i bought myself some of the chinese fabric, going to wrap my second ski pole in that instead. The Scotchlite seems best for the square blade idea

Hey ALLEY ! You've been awfully quiet. Did you ever get that APX50? And are you secretly snatching up all of the pre-Vietnam era surplus antennas?

I keep looking at the table pic...
archives-jpg.jpg

... and the one in the lower left corner with the 6"-7" of rod poking out the end gives me pause to wonder if it was the style of blade inserted through the V2 Nipple, and maybe even the Mitchel/Elstree GRAFLEX (if it's legit) welded washer thingy. This next bit is speculation but play it out in your head gang... if this blade was a VERY used stunt part, could it be that all of the fiberglass was whacked off of the rod? Yeah, I know phrasing, but seriously, antennas like the APX50, if similar to the ones used in the movies, have a metal core. And some of the antennas I've been seeing while Googling around do have bits of rod coming out of them like the one in this photo. That said, they don't have that large a difference between the rod and the aerial proper, almost none in fact. But it's a hypothesis anyway. And those slight, fat flanges on blades #2 and #3 (L-R) are giving me fits!

Then there's the blade that they guy in the mauve shirt is holding in this pic...
img_8232-jpg.jpg

...which looks a lot like #4 (L-R in the 1st pic). I was thinking it may have been a motor, but then maybe it's just a weight? Or better yet a GRAFLEX tube filler... the one on the table has some DV6 looking holes drilled into it. The holes near the front of the weight are there to mimic the recess in the GRAFLEX and the other one's there to hold in the blade.

And is the end of the tube the woman is holding covered in nasty old grip glue, or was that rusty? mess somehow down inside another bit of "handle tube"?

Hey ALLEY ! You've been awfully quiet. Did you ever get that APX50? And are you secretly snatching up all of the pre-Vietnam era surplus antennas?

I’m just too backed-up with other to get to contributing to this project, right now.

I tender obtaining one of these antennas to anyone who can readily take on this mission.

nice!!!!
i bought myself some of the chinese fabric, going to wrap my second ski pole in that instead. The Scotchlite seems best for the square blade idea

There's irony here somewhere as I've just ordered some M3 tape for the balsa blades as they will be doing sound tests as part of their job & the dif. fabric may alter that aspect.

I keep looking at the table pic...
View attachment 998925

... and the one in the lower left corner with the 6"-7" of rod poking out the end gives me pause to wonder if it was the style of blade inserted through the V2 Nipple, and maybe even the Mitchel/Elstree GRAFLEX (if it's legit) welded washer thingy. This next bit is speculation but play it out in your head gang... if this blade was a VERY used stunt part, could it be that all of the fiberglass was whacked off of the rod? Yeah, I know phrasing, but seriously, antennas like the APX50, if similar to the ones used in the movies, have a metal core. And some of the antennas I've been seeing while Googling around do have bits of rod coming out of them like the one in this photo. That said, they don't have that large a difference between the rod and the aerial proper, almost none in fact. But it's a hypothesis anyway. And those slight, fat flanges on blades #2 and #3 (L-R) are giving me fits!

Then there's the blade that they guy in the mauve shirt is holding in this pic...
View attachment 998926

...which looks a lot like #4 (L-R in the 1st pic). I was thinking it may have been a motor, but then maybe it's just a weight? Or better yet a GRAFLEX tube filler... the one on the table has some DV6 looking holes drilled into it. The holes near the front of the weight are there to mimic the recess in the GRAFLEX and the other one's there to hold in the blade.

And is the end of the tube the woman is holding covered in nasty old grip glue, or was that rusty? mess somehow down inside another bit of "handle tube"?

I love these discussions. So, for the ESB Graflex stuff, the diameter of those antennas looks way too skinny inside the bunny ear rings. maybe for other sabers?

That antenna down front, with the long tang, I've been wondering if it was for the Shares Stunt. That little short spacer looks to be the same depth as the open area in the shared stunt emitter, and it would then extend down the neck into the motor area.

Also, good call on the blade that Rinzler is holding. You're correct, that is a solid metal spacer (Brandon even talked about these) with countersunk holes for bolts. it does look like it almost matches the saber already put together there. Thats glue on the handle I guess - looks like it had those fat foam grips. idk where I got this pic, is it okay I post it? I'll take it down if I have to. This blade also looks much thicker. I've asked some of those guys for diameters of those military antennae and they are golf club/skinnier. Good for a V2 maybe, but not a Graflex, which are the same diameter as the red button, or a little thicker
foamgrips.jpg

Those are the clearest I’ve ever seen of the pipe saber, can see the far grips real good here

Looks like just pieces of foam cut

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back