Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Post-Con

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - 03/09/12

So, bad news and good news:

Bad News:
Christopher Lloyd had to cancel his appearance at ECCC this year because he got a job on an upcoming film. This is unfortunate, of course, but we certainly wish him well in his new gig!

Good News:
Lea Thompson is stepping in to fill the slot! This means that the screening of Back to the Future at SIFF is still on, as well!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - New Update 03/09/12

A bit of good news, but a hefty piece of bad new definitely.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - New Update 03/22/12

Got another of those 'good news - bad news' updates here.

Tia Carrere and Katee Sackhoff have both had to cancel their appearances due to filming conflicts.

However, we've just announced that we're adding Jason Momoa (Ronan from Stargate Atlantis and Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones) to the lineup for the weekend and Edward James Olmos is also extending his stay to all three days instead of just Friday.

Although I'm disappointed that Katee won't be joining us, I think that Jason will be a good addition for the con overall.

Boy talk about being careful what photos to spend money getting all printed up and ready for signing... They're sure announcing these changes right down to the wire of cancellations!

Boy talk about being careful what photos to spend money getting all printed up and ready for signing... They're sure announcing these changes right down to the wire of cancellations!

Yeah, no kidding. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the last of these announcements. :behave

Hey, folks. I just wanted to pass along a couple of links about this weekend’s activities. My Talaria Press compatriots and I will be appearing at Emerald City ComiCon and there are lots of great things in store. Come on down and see us if you’re in the area. We’ll be in Artist’s Alley, Table C-22!

If you are on Twitter, follow us at @TalariaPress as we’ll be tweeting frequently throughout the weekend with all the cool haps at the convention.

Here are postings on the Talaria Press website with details of what you can expect:

Founder’s Anthology Free Download Weekend

Talaria & Operation Paperback Book Drive

Akhet Free Download Weekend

Frakking A, where to begin...

ECCC this year was AMAZING! I had so much fun! It was my first year pulling duty as a vendor which was a real trip.

I spent Friday at our table, helping my friend Ren sell our books. We managed to pull in quite a few customers to chat with and sold some books (though we mostly gave out flyers and such letting them know about our free anthology download over the weekend). It gave me some much-needed practice with pitching that would prove VERY useful later on. On a funny note, when the doors opened, Ren and I were looking at each other like 'What's that noise?' 'I'm not sure...' 'HOLY CRAP!' It looked like a scene from 28 Days Later with the Rage-zombies storming in!

Saturday I spent working with Eddie McClintock, Pete from Warehouse 13. Wow, what a sweetheart he was! He was absolutely adorable and just as much of a geek as any attendee. When he saw that his tale was between Wil Wheaton and George Takei, he had a little geekout. I'll admit that I've only caught a few episodes of the show, but I will now be adding it to my Netflix cue simply because I want to support someone that awesome.

Sunday, I only worked a half-day with Eddie because he had to leave to catch his flight back to Toronto to continue filming, so I did the vendor thing again... However, before I trotted back to the floor, the PR director for ECCC invited me and my fellow Talaria Press founder, Ren, on stage in the big room to talk about our books between panels. We were snugged in between Adam Baldwin and the Phelps twins and holy crap the room was PACKED!

On stage in front of 3000+ eager sci-fi and fantasy fans, we wound up with about 2 minutes to give thumbnail sketches of our stuff and tell people where to find us. It... was... AWESOME! Joe, the PR director, tells me they were rolling tape on the whole day and he'd get me a copy, so I'll post it when I have it.

What's crazy is... it worked! We had TONS of people coming up the rest of the day saying that they'd seen us on stage and they then hunted us down to learn more and buy our books.

It was an outstanding experience and a huge confidence builder. I loved it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back