Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Post-Con

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 11/17/11

Okay, so we have an exciting new development in guests. ECCC is playing host to several voice actors in 2012 which should be a lot of fun.

Slated to appear, we have:
  • Jess Harnell, best known for his work as Wacko on the Animaniacs and Ironhide in the Transformers movies
  • Rob Paulson, also known as Pinky from Pinky & the Brain, among many other roles.
  • Tara Strong, Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls and Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
As a fan of cartoons and other animated media, I find this extremely exciting!

Okay, so we have an exciting new development in guests. ECCC is playing host to several voice actors in 2012 which should be a lot of fun.

Slated to appear, we have:
  • Jess Harnell, best known for his work as Wacko on the Animaniacs and Ironhide in the Transformers movies
  • Rob Paulson, also known as Pinky from Pinky & the Brain, among many other roles.
  • Tara Strong, Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls and Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
As a fan of cartoons and other animated media, I find this extremely exciting!

Alright! So finally I am getting more excited about this. I have been less than enthusiastic about the media guests so far since I don't watch those particular shows, but I am very happy to hear of the voice actors for Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain! LOVE animated stuff, so this will be a real treat!

Hopefully we start seeing some more well known media guests soon like last year's roster.

Alright! So finally I am getting more excited about this. I have been less than enthusiastic about the media guests so far since I don't watch those particular shows, but I am very happy to hear of the voice actors for Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain! LOVE animated stuff, so this will be a real treat!

Hopefully we start seeing some more well known media guests soon like last year's roster.

I'm really excited about this turn of events. I think it's a fairly unique feature (to the best of my knowledge, none of the other PacNW cons have something like this) and it's a big opportunity for people who want to know more about the animation field to pick the brains of voice talent.

new webpage?

I liked the original design, but oh well. And I don't see K. Sackhoff as a guest on there anymore?!

You know what I was surprised wasn't filled up more was 2 years ago when Hal Sutherland was there. One of the original Disney Animators who worked alongside Walt as well as worked for Filmation for years. I was there mostly for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and I bought a couple of his animation cells and had him sign something else, but man... some people have no idea what legendary people attend these cons that are the behind-the-scenes heroes who were directly responsible for how these characters and shows really came to be.

I think I was more in awe to meet this gentleman than other celebs there. Extremely nice guy too.

hal_004.jpg

hal_005.jpg

new webpage?

I liked the original design, but oh well. And I don't see K. Sackhoff as a guest on there anymore?!

She's still on there, she's just not showing up on the front page at this point. Go under guests and then the media guest "tab" under that.

Huh. I actually think I'll make it up next year; I've never been to a Comic Con before.
Looking into the room arrangements now.

Was thinking of taking the train there next year, does anyone know, how's the city's public transportation is it easy to get around the city without a car? How far is the convention center from the Train station? :confused

Was thinking of taking the train there next year, does anyone know, how's the city's public transportation is it easy to get around the city without a car? How far is the convention center from the Train station? :confused

AmTrak has a 10% discount for ECCC attendees, if you're going to take them in. More info is on our website: EmeraldCityComicon

I don't believe there's a rail station right near the convention center, but we have quite a few people attend via public transit thanks to the bus system.

Ah, the Seattle transit system is great. :) if they haven't changed things too drastically from when I lived there, you'll get off the train and hop a bus straight up to the convention center. It's even easier now, just look for any bus that goes to the tunnels under downtown. There's a stop right there.

Oh, and Firesprite - absolutely! I look forward to seeing you. And your book. :)

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 11/22/11

SQUEEEE! More good news for Browncoats and Terminator fans...

Everyone's favorite crazy girl, Summer Glau, was just announced on the website!

AmTrak has a 10% discount for ECCC attendees, if you're going to take them in. More info is on our website: EmeraldCityComicon

I don't believe there's a rail station right near the convention center, but we have quite a few people attend via public transit thanks to the bus system.
Cool!! Thanks for the info!! Going to look into it!:)

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 12/01/11

"Ooooh my!"

Not too overly excited about this lineup so far. ECCC has been very kind to the Star Trek fans out there... not as much with Star Wars except when we had Daniel Logan and Ray Park.

Still like the animation guest lineup a bit better. MORE PLEASE!!!!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 12/01/11

"Ooooh my!"

Not too overly excited about this lineup so far. ECCC has been very kind to the Star Trek fans out there... not as much with Star Wars except when we had Daniel Logan and Ray Park.

Still like the animation guest lineup a bit better. MORE PLEASE!!!!

I really can't be specific, but keep an eye on this thread. This year's lineup of media guests looks to be the most diverse and epic ECCC has had so far. :)

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 12/06/11

Okay, so I don't know if we have any Warehouse 13 fans here, but the show lead, Eddie McClintock, was just announced as the next guest for ECCC!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 12/06/11

Holy double announcements, Batman!

Apparently, we're upping the 'pretty factor' of the con with the lovely and talented Tia Carrere!

firesprite said:
Okay, so I don't know if we have any Warehouse 13 fans here, but the show lead, Eddie McClintock, was just announced as the next guest for ECCC!
Ohh, hey! Awesome!! Dang, I wish I had a Farnsworth for him to sign. Heh!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2012 - Updated 12/13/11

Alright, Back to the Future fans, Doc Brown himself, Christopher Lloyd has just been announced!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back