Unlimited Run Elysium - Chemrail Kit

My WETA Armory. Thanks Tmax. This is a great kit. I had a lot of fun doing it. Decided to go with the concept color scheme on this build to mix it up a bit.

yeah it's pretty bad....worse that some states you can own Imitation guns but other states you can't.

I just wish Weta hadn't cancelled their Chem Rail production, I had one on pre-order

Arg, had a mishap last night: I had the gun propped up after I took it in from sanding it: one of my cats knocked it over: the end of the barrel snapped off.

IMG_7941.JPG

Looking at the printing patten, I figured that a good way to reconnect it wasn't to just glue it back on — I took four heavy nails and cut the heads off, then drilled a couple of holes into the base where it connects. The tip is hollow, so the nails slid right in.

IMG_7942.JPG

I slathered some glue all over the nails and in the holes, and slid it all back together — I think with a little spot-work, it'll look okay once it's primed and painted again.

IMG_7943.JPG

tmax — might be worth a modification if you're still messing with this — put a hole in both ends, so you can stick a rod in there to connect the two pieces. It might help strengthen that up a bit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back