EFX wedge helmet is back?

Bryan contacted me a few days ago and I sent payment for the Luke ESB Sig. hopefully it arrives soon, cant wait.

Can I ask how long after they were "Found" did you order?

I emailed August 24th and received a message August 29th that they were gone?

Thanks

EFX has posted on their website a find of the limited edition Vader helmets.

I’m personally not interested, but I know a lot here were

Added it to my cart to see what the final price would be. Almost $400 to ship this?!? No thanks; I'm having a Han in carbonite kit being shipped for less than that and it's all heavy MDF.

I'm waiting for some people to buy the LE Vader and then resell it for twice the acquisition price a few days later, like some did with other helmets from EFX not long ago...

Contacted Brian at EFX over the shipping costs, he claimed the Vader helmet weighed 80lbs. When I showed him a picture of the box where it's clearly labeled 18.5lbs, Brian admitted he lied about the weight and then blamed it on FedEx. That due to the size of the box FedEx wants to weigh it at 80lbs.

So is this Vader “found” old stock or are they just doing a new, open run for cash?
The description on the site makes it sound like the latter?

“Many of you remember our incredible Legend and Limited Edition Darth Vader helmets back in 2010. The Legend Edition sold out in less than 4 minutes, in fact we actually crashed the credit card processing company's server! The Limited Edition sold out the same day! Now, here is your opportunity to get one!

This is a recreation of our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.”

A recreation of our LE???

Contacted Brian at EFX over the shipping costs, he claimed the Vader helmet weighed 80lbs. When I showed him a picture of the box where it's clearly labeled 18.5lbs, Brian admitted he lied about the weight and then blamed it on FedEx. That due to the size of the box FedEx wants to weigh it at 80lbs.
I have this helmet and it certainly does not weigh 80 lbs. I imagine it may have to do with this, though, as the box is very large:

Dimensional weight - Wikipedia

I have this helmet and it certainly does not weigh 80 lbs. I imagine it may have to do with this, though, as the box is very large:

Dimensional weight - Wikipedia
I've shipped large boxes before and never had the shipper tell me to add weight because of it. Plus I plugged in the dimensions of the package into Fedex and didn't get anywhere near $400 to ship.
Apparently it's another blatant cash grab by EFX.

This is how it’s calculated. I tried to ship an Anovos stormtrooper kit to Juan in Puerto Rico and the box size dictates the price by assumed weight based on the dimensions, not the actual weight. Brought it to FedEx and the worker couldn’t get the same price I was getting online. Was going to be $375 to ship FedEx. Was much less USPS. Drove that huge box all over town.

Regardless of what anybody thought, these helmets are now sold out. Now we wait for their next supposed warehouse find. I mean listen the Wedge helmet, or the signature Luke helmets I can understand. The Luke helmets were artist proofs, and there were barely any. Same with the wedge. But how ever many Vader helmets they had, how much more stuff are they going to keep finding. I mean even the advertising on their website says “latest warehouse find”.

This was pretty quick, EFX has just apparently found more warehouse items. The latest being the Luke limited an new hope helmet,

This is a recreation of our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmet as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.”

A recreation of our LE???

I was very confused by this wording, too... thought maybe they had done a second run.

I had to send my first limited edition Vader back to efx because of an area of bad paint for a replacement one, and I think a lot of other people had paint scratch issues from shipping who did the same. I always wondered what became of the helmets that went back... -honestly I'd probably buy that original paint flaw one now if I could.

I've shipped large boxes before and never had the shipper tell me to add weight because of it. Plus I plugged in the dimensions of the package into Fedex and didn't get anywhere near $400 to ship.
Apparently it's another blatant cash grab by EFX.

Yes..I can ship a 10kg(22,0 lbs) package for under 100$ with 2000 Euro insurance from germany to the USA.With DHL.;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back