EFX New Trek Product: Tricorder, Cage Laser & Comm, EM-33

silverskyes402

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Snapped some pretty crappy pics, but some exciting news is looks like EFX is going to make out trek collections more awesome!!!

image-11.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-12.jpg

hmmmm....thats not the 'Cage' version of the laser but rather the 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' version. That looks likes Greg Jeins original so Ill be interested to see which version they are actually going to do.

I was thinking the same thing, the piece they had on display looked like a worn down prop, definetly a prototype, or a piece they put to show off until they have a better one, the tric looks amazing, I cant wait to get my hands on that one!

Awesome news! I'd preorder that Mark VII now ...if I could. :lol

It looks like I will be happily giving eFX more of my money! One of each, please. :love

That TOS Laser looks amazing. If that is not the real one they have on display and the replica is going to look like that I am seriously impressed.

Last edited:
Cage laser looks real close to the Jein prop (assembled slightly differently, with the barrel in a different rotation)...

efxvsjein.jpg

- K

I like the fact that (it looks like) they're bundling the Cage phaser and communicator together. It'll make for a really nice display. I hope they do the same for the regular TOS phaser and comm. :)

And at least the plaque for the Mark VII tricorder fits in the display case this time. :lol:lol:lol

I am definitely interested in the TR-580, and I have a feeling that Cage set will be knocking on the door right behind it. I better start saving now...

That almost has to be a casting of the real laser pistol. If that is the case (and it looks like it is) I wonder if they cast the Spock remote in the Jein collection for the Communicator?

Cage laser looks real close to the Jein prop (assembled slightly differently, with the barrel in a different rotation)...

efxvsjein.jpg

- K

That cage laser IS the Jein gun. Look at the wear marks on the rectangular piece that sits behind the round thingie on the left side of the gun. Exactly the same. The shading on the side of the barrel looks the same too. I would bet they are the same gun.

That cage laser IS the Jein gun. Look at the wear marks on the rectangular piece that sits behind the round thingie on the left side of the gun. Exactly the same. The shading on the side of the barrel looks the same too. I would bet they are the same gun.

Yeah I think you are right. It looks like there is a scratch on the first ring that is exactly the same. It could have been replicated but I doubt it. If that is the original and not a prototype that is sort of cool and lame all at the same time. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back