eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

well, Sithorld is showing concrete evidence that all the details were there in the Rick backer mold...but it could very well be that George Lucas or Lucas film, could have very well stipulated in the contract details of the manufacturing agreement with eFX that most of the details of the original helmet had to be removed. this also would explain why they made two versions of the helmet. Legend and Limited. at least that would be my guess.. i dont know for sure..and we will probably never know the real reason why..but that would be the only reason i could think of why they aren't there if they are in the molds as Sithlord has shown that they clearly are.

Why do certain people here insist that "we" who own castings from the Rick Baker mould think that we are in the "We have the best" camp? I don't recall anyone that has a casting from the mould saying that his or hers is the "best" ? We are simply discussing and comparing these to what we were told is a minor cleaned up casting from the same mould , nothing more. This is what we do here isn't it? Or at least used to.
I also don't recall anyone here that owns a casting from the mould promoting them for sale so don't understand why all this bitching is going on. We are not self promoting, simply discussing.

I find it quite sad that anyone that voices difference is regarded as being a trouble maker.

Lets just stop discussing it and move on. I'm happy with my casting and you are happy with yours. We are not allowed to say otherwise it seems.

So we are back here again? Man, there is another theead with all this in it already. Lets get right to the end of the last thread.

EFX posted this pic of the mold and i bet you same guys saying they never posted a pic of the molds have this pic on your computer. NO SCAR

bakermold.jpg

Then you guys tried to show us proof of the scar by posting this pic of the TM.

141esblightstandinfilmh.jpg

When the ruckus came up about some guy poking and scratching "layers" off it and we asked for pics of it before the picking and we got this. NO SCAR

tmesbpl5ju9-vi.jpg

Now i see the TM no longer comes up and you are now down to the SL. The only 2 pics of the SL i have are these. I have no idea what the deal with it is other than NO SCAR

SLANHp4v.jpg

SLhelmet.jpg

So we are right back to where we were at the end of the last thread. Waiting for the Vader experts to put up or shut up. The only pics you guys have shown are pics of a MODIFIED helmet. You guys have NEVER posted ONE pic of a raw helmet from the Baker molds with the C Scar. NEver. EFX has posted pics of the mold. EFX has nothing to prove here. It is all back on your shoulder to show proof. or i have the story wrong....

Last edited:
Why would they photoshop the scar out if they are trying to prove the scar is there ?Wouldn't they want the scar to show? It would have bolstered their position if the scar was there both before and after "cleanup".

I think these are the only other 2 that were posted of that helmet, it's the only ones i copied. 2nd is of the other side.

tmesbpl5ju9.jpg

tmesbpld1xr6.jpg

Last edited:
So we are back here again? Man, there is another theead with all this in it already. Lets get right to the end of the last thread.

EFX posted this pic of the mold and i bet you same guys saying they never posted a pic of the molds have this pic on your computer. NO SCAR

bakermold.jpg

This is all that needs saying. This is the mold. Unless anyone can post OTHER pics of the mold, they simply do not know.

"Photoshopped" now? This just gets funnier and funnier. Nothing on that image was photoshopped.

From looking at all of the photos everyone has posted I am not sure how much was actually clean up of the master and how much of those small details were lost with a thick coat of primer and then a coat of thick brushed on paint.

I think is is very possible that the factory could have given the final pieces a lite sanding primed and then painted it (that would be sort of standard procedure). Usually the goal in painting is not to have the end result look like crap (I know in our case it is :lol). They probably tried to cover up some of the problems.

I'd be interested in how the master was made myself (not to prove anything either way but just because its interesting). Clearly efx wwere given access to the archives and allowed to rumage around but I wonder if Lucasfilm techs did the first pull and then sent it to efx or did efx do it - did they let the mold out of the archives or insist all work was done on site - things like that - and understanding better the steps being taken to preserve this stuff are facinating to me.

I doubt that Lucasfilm would have asked for any details to be removed - I don't think they would care that much!

Wow, i feel like a total arse for having cheekily asked about the C scar/crater........

Actually, having looked at pics of this EFX helmet, i can honestly say, if i owned one, i wouldn't give a toss either way. It's sublime, incredible and has many of the visual characteristics i see in the movie helmet.

I'm so jealous of all who own one...(or even 2 in some cases you rich, lucky scoundrels!)

Controversy can be a good thing, but in this case i think it's like re-opening old wounds.......

sorry, should have kept my jealousy in check and moved on.

Rich

In other news...

I talked to Bryan a little while ago. He said they are still having a problem with their FedEx connection. If they're unable to resolve it soon, he's looking into a workaround.

He also mentioned the Limited helmets would be arriving in their warehouse in the next few weeks.

That makes no sense. The pic that SWC says is photoshopped is of the helmet before all the restoring was done to it. (restoring meaning someone chipped the smooth coating off it) The pic showing the scar was supposedly after the work was done. So if you were going to photoshop a pic to protect your tells you would photoshop the one with the scar not the one before cleaning.

So we are right back to where we were at the end of the last thread. Waiting for the Vader experts to put up or shut up. The only pics you guys have shown are pics of a MODIFIED helmet. You guys have NEVER posted ONE pic of a raw helmet from the Baker molds with the C Scar. NEver. EFX has posted pics of the mold. EFX has nothing to prove here. It is all back on your shoulder to show proof. or i have the story wrong....

BOOM. :thumbsup

They'll absolutely continue doing this, though:

07-minister.jpg

Now i see the TM no longer comes up and you are now down to the SL. The only 2 pics of the SL i have are these. I have no idea what the deal with it is other than NO SCAR

TM is a different mold (UK) so not relevant here. SL is the only "public" fan pull from the Baker mold. Apples to apples comparisons. I wish pics of the two other direct pulls would surface publicly.

No one has said no pics of the Baker mold were shown, just not clear close up pics. Notice the clarity of the upper dome pic and the fuzziness of the cheek pic?

I am not in either camp as far as the c scar goes on the Baker mold. If it there in the baker mold or not matters not to me, because my SL cast has no apparent c scar (slight trace maybe). I'd like to see the UK mold, that to me is where the c scar has relevance. Different molds different times.

Now as far as warts and other artifacts, the SL has them in spades compared to the EFX. So what?

As I have said umpteen times the EFX is a fantastic helmet anyone who owns it should be proud. It has been cleaned, but they said it would be. Sheesh!

Unless you can get a black market pull this is THE BEST shot you will have.

And please don't generalize and lump all folks into some holier than thou camp of "Vader experts". Or look down upon those that happen to have these casts, because I sure don't look down on anyone because they don't have one, or because the have an EFX or DP dlx, etc.. Hell I have more respect for those that take a mediocre cast and alter and finesse it to create what they have, or better yet create it from scratch. If I did not have what I already have (SL & TM's) and had no opportunity to get them I'd have been all over the EFX in a heartbeat. Hell many of those who have these casts have bought one also. It is the love of Vader that drives us. It really is depressing to watch these threads go down in flames, that is why I rarely step in.

I tried to get this back on track a few times. Oh well. Live and learn. :behave

Doug

That makes no sense. The pic that SWC says is photoshopped is of the helmet before all the restoring was done to it. (restoring meaning someone chipped the smooth coating off it) The pic showing the scar was supposedly after the work was done. So if you were going to photoshop a pic to protect your tells you would photoshop the one with the scar not the one before cleaning.

Yes, no need to photoshop (not sure either way). It was indeed after stripping the paint but before the "cleaning" removal of the black filler. Not that it is relevant to the EFX or SL in any way.

Doug

I'll agree that the EFX is a great helmet and i was a bit harsh in my first reaction to it. I still wish it had more buggers but that point is moot now.

I disagree that the image of the molds is not in enough focus to see that there is no scar there. I can see the dimple on the snout and even the tiny nicks along the top edge of the cheek and even the slight indentation in the middle of the lower cheek edge.

As far as the TM, sorry my bust hard to keep track of it all. Yes it would be nice to see a pic of those molds. What i don't get is that if the original helmet had a scar that bad like the TM helmet has then we would have seen it on screen like a sore thumb. That thing is a crater.

I'll agree that the EFX is a great helmet and i was a bit harsh in my first reaction to it. I still wish it had more buggers but that point is moot now.

I disagree that the image of the molds is not in enough focus to see that there is no scar there. I can see the dimple on the snout and even the tiny nicks along the top edge of the cheek and even the slight indentation in the middle of the lower cheek edge.

As far as the TM, sorry my bust hard to keep track of it all. Yes it would be nice to see a pic of those molds. What i don't get is that if the original helmet had a scar that bad like the TM helmet has then we would have seen it on screen like a sore thumb. That thing is a crater.

On the SL, the c scar is sooo very slight you'd really need some reeely close up, clear as a bell and properly lit photos to get it to show in a mold. Using a hard edge light source at an extreme angle type set up. Heck, you need that to see it in hand on the SL!

As to the TM, It's not as crater like as it looks in person. And yes it would be awesome to see the UK mold! :thumbsup

Doug

Try watching the blurts! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back