eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

are there any serial/edition numbers on either the dome or the face plate? i cant find any on my two at all..anyone find serial/edition numbers on their helmets?

if so..please tell. and where...lol

yeah that dose look amazing. killer display. that sucks your dome was damaged..i cant believe they shipped the helmets like they did. what was efx thinking? :facepalm

are there any serial/edition numbers on either the dome or the face plate? i cant find any on my two at all..anyone find serial/edition numbers on their helmets?

if so..please tell. and where...lol

I have seen no kind of numbering on the helmet or dome.

I'm sure someone will instantly correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe eFx has stated on numerous occasions that the serial numbers are completely random. So no one knows if they got a helmet from early on in the run, etc. And the domes and faceplates are not "matched." So getting a smaller serial number means absolutely nothing.

RRR

I have seen no kind of numbering on the helmet or dome.

I'm sure someone will instantly correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe eFx has stated on numerous occasions that the serial numbers are completely random. So no one knows if they got a helmet from early on in the run, etc. And the domes and faceplates are not "matched." So getting a smaller serial number means absolutely nothing.

RRR

well that's absolutely ridiculous! ,,then why in gods name give them serial/editon numbers then?..:lol..oh my god..that's totally stupid. because it states on the box and the metal plaque.. such n such # out of 364. not 1 of 364. which that's how it should be if what you are telling me is true..so its a complete lie then. :angry again..if what you are stating is true,

The numbering is on the plaque only. My box does not have my plaque number on it nor do the helmet or dome.

I'm curious to know if theres still alot of dudes waiting for thier shipment or tracking numbers or even yet, still in limbo with no reciept from the PDF balance sheet EFX requested returned ?

Yes, I'm having this problem now. I talked to Bryan last Saturday and he confirmed he got my PDF credit card authorization but was unable to process my order because their FedEx processor connection was down. He advised to check their Facebook page for updates. I haven't seen an update posted about fixing their FedEx connection, and I haven't been able to reach anyone at eFX since then.

well that's absolutely ridiculous! ,,then why in gods name give them serial/editon numbers then?..:lol..oh my god..that's totally stupid. because it states on the box and the metal plaque.. such n such # out of 364. not 1 of 364. which that's how it should be if what you are telling me is true..so its a complete lie then. :angry again..if what you are stating is true,

I think the numbers are just to keep track of how many were made. I can not see how you could do serial numbers on each unit from faceplate to dome to plaque doing them in a factory (at least not without a bunch of hassel). If they were being made a few at a time from start to finish (like some things are made here on the board) I could see how it could be done. But these are likely being made on an assembly line where large numbers of individual parts that make up the helmet are worked on at the same time.

You just don't have that single person working on the same set of parts from start to finish on a single helmet like you would having one commisioned (it would be cool but not very realistic).

I would, respectfully, disagree with that myself. Sequential serial numbers are put onto products that are factory made all the time--just look at the back of your computer or TV or take numbered special edition books or CD sets (many of which are hand numbered). It would simply be one more step in the process to have a guy with a tube of glue and a stack of number plates.

The Don Post Deluxe Vader helmets all had sequential number plates in the dome and faceplate. Though to be fair the numbers that actually got matched up between the two pieces seems to have been very inconsistent (my first DPD Vader had numbers 166 and 167) So I guess that's the hassle element lol

Dave

Last edited:
well here is the answer to the serial number issue. Bryan from efx just emailed me back and here is what he had to say concerning the serial/edition numbers..

"The serial number does not represent the order that the helmets were made. Since through the manufacturing process the order constantly changes. With our QC program, pieces are taken out for inspection or touch up etc. So there is not way to number the components and keep them in order.

The plaque number is the number that was assigned to that particular finished helmet as they are complete in the production line. This is typical of all collectibles."

Thanks

Bryan

this is typical of all collectibles? last time i knew edition sizes/numbers were numbers that were sequential to the collectable in the order that it was pulled from the mold. guess i thought wrong. :facepalm

so i guess this explains why there isn't any numbers on the helmets or on the COA. and that greatly disappoints me..i would have thought that they would have gone the extra mile to assure that all the face plates and domes and COA were in sequence with one another. so now anyone of us could have the #1 face plate with the #364 dome..or vice versa and whatever other combination you can think of..:lol. unless they made sure to keep the first few pulls such as #1 thru #5 in sequence with one another...its like these were just another batch of mass produced toys coming out of China. :unsure it is what it is..ill admit..im really disappointed. :(

well here is the answer to the serial number issue. Bryan from efx just emailed me back and here is what he had to say concerning the serial/edition numbers..

"The serial number does not represent the order that the helmets were made. Since through the manufacturing process the order constantly changes. With our QC program, pieces are taken out for inspection or touch up etc. So there is not way to number the components and keep them in order.

The plaque number is the number that was assigned to that particular finished helmet as they are complete in the production line. This is typical of all collectibles."

Thanks

Bryan

this is typical of all collectibles? last time i knew edition sizes/numbers were numbers that were sequential to the collectable in the order that it was pulled from the mold. guess i thought wrong. :facepalm

so i guess this explains why there isn't any numbers on the helmets or on the COA. and that greatly disappoints me..i would have thought that they would have gone the extra mile to assure that all the face plates and domes and COA were in sequence with one another. so now anyone of us could have the #1 face plate with the #364 dome..or vice versa and whatever other combination you can think of..:lol. unless they made sure to keep the first few pulls such as #1 thru #5 in sequence with one another...its like these were just another batch of mass produced toys coming out of China. :unsure it is what it is..ill admit..im really disappointed. :(

Mate if you want ill make you a helmet and number it 1/1 and swap it with your legend. If its that bad for you sell it to one of the many people that could not get this thru EFX cause of the high postage and lack of communication.

You can't expect them to keep track of all pulls as they come out of the molds. That is just unreasonable and no company does that i don't care what they say. They get made in batches and stuck in boxes and whatever number plaque they put in the box they hand write on the outside of the box. I would bet they don't even get boxed in order. As long as they put the correct plaque with numbered box is all they are going to care about. #1 and #50 could have been boxed at the same time.
and to the numbering the dome and mask, If they did that and someone has rubbing damage on the dome they would have to replace both mask and dome and if they don't want the bad ones back that can get expensive. It would make a mess of the edition size too. Do you destroy the old one? Do they renumber the new one with the old number?

Number 258 arrived this morning. So far I like what I see! Lots of goobers on the face and a lot of waviness to the dome.

Good stuff, EFX.

Craig

If you are not happy with your legend I'm here to buy it off you........

Pm me if you want to sell.

On another note I think they did a great job considering that they were made in a factory in china.
Shame about the # system but hey ho.....

Mate if you want ill make you a helmet and number it 1/1 and swap it with your legend. If its that bad for you sell it to one of the many people that could not get this thru EFX cause of the high postage and lack of communication.
If you are not happy with your legend I'm here to buy it off you........

Pm me if you want to sell.

On another note I think they did a great job considering that they were made in a factory in china.
Shame about the # system but hey ho.....

well i was only disappointed in the numbering system..that's all. not the helmets itself. the helmets do look amazing considering they were massed produced in china..i should have said that in my statements. they did do a really good job.
it is what it is..im over it now..:lol

i do have 2 of these. and was considering selling one. ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back