eFX ANH DARTH HELMET SAMPLE!!

Thanks guys! This is now the center piece of my collection, with close second my MF Falcon.

That being said, has anyone built a case for this? I get these dimensions : 40.7cm x 43.2cm x 45cm!

That and i wonder if after looking at super close ups for so long we are thinking these things are mountains instead of mole hills. Maybe if i take some super close up pics they will look bigger.

I can't speak to this in terms of the Vader helmet, but I can tell you this happens ALL THE TIME in this hobby. We now have such nice cameras that can focus on such small areas and we blow those images up on HUGE monitors and scrutinize to death all these little details that when we see an item in real life, we are expecting those details to be HUGE and very prominent and we fail to keep in mind that we have essentially been looking at those details through a microscope for YEARS and they are big in our minds, but in reality, they barely even register. I have seen this over and over again, especially with the Boba Fett costume. We are now taking 21 megapixel photos of a detail that is less than an inch long... and then we wonder why those details don't jump out at us in real life... :lol

PS. This is especially true of found parts. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten in a found part and thought it was too small because on my screen, I have been looking at it for years zoomed in (making it more than a foot long in the monitor). When I get it in person and the pieces is only two cm long it just looks weird.

PS. This is especially true of found parts. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten in a found part and thought it was too small because on my screen, I have been looking at it for years zoomed in (making it more than a foot long in the monitor). When I get it in person and the pieces is only two cm long it just looks weird.

This happens to me all the time.

That's one of the best ones I've seen yet. All the "crap" on the helmet is actually supposed to be there. That is a nice helmet, nice finish and nice paintjob. Well done!!!!

Dave :)

Ok, those photos are starting to show some real detail now under that paint. Good. Stop down the aperture a bit more and use a tripod (most lenses are optimal around f/5.6 in terms of resolution, it looks like you are shooting wide open). I'm seeing more detail on the nose area, Vader's left side, a few details that I know show up if there isn't too much cleanup. Also I'm starting to see detail on the front faces of the cheeks, and sides of the mouth triangle. This is starting to look better. But we'll need much better photos.

NOTE that I just noticed there's a magnet in there, somewhere, probably around the peak as it sticks big time and there's some velvet too to protect the nose from getting scratched.

I for one would just love to see more of the side tube details. Especially the underside, on the right. It seems to be the mother load area of detail with this helmet.

Here's a shot of the right tube DS. Not too sure what you want to see .. but it's much too rocky in there! :D

large.jpg

large.jpg

Bigturc, how are the straps on the sides attached to the mask interior?

large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg
large.jpg

Great pictures Bigturc and congratulations on the helmet! It looks great and I wish I had one!

Thanks, very happy! :thumbsup

Those pics are gorgeous. Nicely done.:thumbsup

Thanks Hedjii!!! See you around bud!

That's one of the best ones I've seen yet. All the "crap" on the helmet is actually supposed to be there. That is a nice helmet, nice finish and nice paintjob. Well done!!!!

Dave :)

Cheers Dave ;)

Ok, those photos are starting to show some real detail now under that paint. Good. Stop down the aperture a bit more and use a tripod (most lenses are optimal around f/5.6 in terms of resolution, it looks like you are shooting wide open). I'm seeing more detail on the nose area, Vader's left side, a few details that I know show up if there isn't too much cleanup. Also I'm starting to see detail on the front faces of the cheeks, and sides of the mouth triangle. This is starting to look better. But we'll need much better photos.

SL, I'm shooting at f4 or f4.5 on a f/2.8L lens. I might do another session tomorrow when it's full day light. I stepped down the ISO to 400 to make sure not to lose too many details .. and yeah, I could always setup a tripod, but I'm not paid enough to do so yet! :D This is only a 20D (8MP) .. so it'll have to do .. for now! :thumbsup

I think it's about time this thread flips from all the complaining to - at least - a little awe'ing! ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back