EFX 2016

This may not add much but here goes.

I probably have the skills to do a studio scale, but I have enough experience to recognize the cost and amount of work involved. I love the models and just choose to focus on other projects. Therefore having these projects offered in completed form is attractive, fills a collecting void, and allows me to focus on other projects (example: life-size R2, IG88).

I don't think you'll find that Frank/Moe have anything pleasant to express towards SD... SD is,was, always will be a thief of ideas,reference,and individuals hard earned money. He stole from so many to make MR happen... Totally pathetic. MR stole from me blatantly to sell their product.... Yea I'll never forget.

What did they steel, was it Id's or actual build stuff, I thought the Y wing master was sold to MR surely they didn't just take it without permission ?

If it's ID's then that's what I've been saying for years now that when others hard work goes into someone else's profit it's hard to puce but very often over looked etc but still happens.

It's a tough thing to police and think it may have improved more recently but would be interesting to hear what was stolen and how. I'm guessing Y wing ?

Clearly you feel this was a wrong doing and hard work should be rewarded etc, did you not receive anything from MR or would they have even been aware of your involvement in the work that was stolen ?

- - - Updated - - -

I ask out of general interest not as questioning truth thing, just interested to hear how you got hood winked on such a large project as a mass produced model.

I know now that unless you keep info to yourself it's going to get leaked, I turned this to my advantage with id'n Slave especially the cockpit I happily traded all I'd found even if I'd got one in return as I had a better chance at a more accurate build and to me that was my goal, I can't wait to see people build the Slave kit and have a sense of pride knowing that mutual trading we improved it. If I hadn't of agreed though then to see it go to profit would be hard to watch but I feel excited seeing the work go to good use now. Though is efx mass marketed it I'd feel owed somewhat, but seeing the nice'n kit coming out is a great thing.

I keep control of all my own terms now and have enjoyed this so much more since.

Last edited:
Frank told me personally what happened. It's not my place to talk about it, and this isn't the thread to have such discussions. Lets just say that MR took what they wanted and they didn't care where or who they took from.

What did they steel, was it Id's or actual build stuff, I thought the Y wing master was sold to MR surely they didn't just take it without permission ?

If it's ID's then that's what I've been saying for years now that when others hard work goes into someone else's profit it's hard to puce but very often over looked etc but still happens.

It's a tough thing to police and think it may have improved more recently but would be interesting to hear what was stolen and how. I'm guessing Y wing ?

Clearly you feel this was a wrong doing and hard work should be rewarded etc, did you not receive anything from MR or would they have even been aware of your involvement in the work that was stolen ?

- - - Updated - - -

I ask out of general interest not as questioning truth thing, just interested to hear how you got hood winked on such a large project as a mass produced model.

I know now that unless you keep info to yourself it's going to get leaked, I turned this to my advantage with id'n Slave especially the cockpit I happily traded all I'd found even if I'd got one in return as I had a better chance at a more accurate build and to me that was my goal, I can't wait to see people build the Slave kit and have a sense of pride knowing that mutual trading we improved it. If I hadn't of agreed though then to see it go to profit would be hard to watch but I feel excited seeing the work go to good use now. Though is efx mass marketed it I'd feel owed somewhat, but seeing the nice'n kit coming out is a great thing.

I keep control of all my own terms now and have enjoyed this so much more since.

Your right yes, though I thought with you mentioning it you'd be up for spilling the beans.

Be more careful though next time and never just leave a Y wing lying around you never know what could happen!!! Good that this time with EFX you'll get the control and rewards though so that must be a lot more palatable

So much more rewarding to be in control of your work and see it through at each stage, I learned that the hard way

On my FB page I created an album of renders showing some of the intense design work that went into recreating the ANH Imperial Cruiser. Here are some examples. . .

Attachments

• Overall_BottomRear.jpg
    Overall_BottomRear.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Overall_Rear.jpg
    Overall_Rear.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 152
  • HangarComplete02.jpg
    HangarComplete02.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Deflector-TractorMockup3.jpg
    Deflector-TractorMockup3.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DeflectorShieldDome4.jpg
    DeflectorShieldDome4.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 142
BTW, I should have noted up front (and please accept my apologies for not doing so) that a number of people provided valuable support, input and assistance to help make the Star Destroyer recreation as accurate as possible, including (but not limited to) Steve Neisen, Alan Anderson, Jeffrey Garton, John Curilla, Jamie Farthing and Rick Ingalsbe. Thank you all!! :)

Didn't Steve Gawley also "finish" the scribe lines for this? That is truly awesome... forty years later....

Yes! Mr. Gawley graciously agreed to fill in some of the blank spots on the replica. The original model was made for filming from only two angles so much of the top surface was left undetailed. Since he was the person who did most of the panel line work on the original miniature, that was quite an honor!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back