EFx Studio Scale Tie Fighter Value?

Jedi-72

Sr Member
I've never posted in any of the model sub-forums, and am unsure that this is the proper place to raise this question. Apologies if it is not. I own one of the Efx studio scale tie fighters which I purchased directly from them as part of the original run. Took ages to get, if memory serves. So long in fact, that it was the last model that I bought. Interminable waits rather blunted my enthusiasm for collecting and I've pretty much dropped out of it. However, this Tie does sit prominently on display at home. And, recently I've come to conisder letting it go. It just doesn't feel like something that I need anymore. But, having been out of anything prop or model related for a good five years, I have no idea what the value of something like this is these days. I've seen one or two on ebay not selling at what I would say are high prices. I've never been a profiteer when it comes to collecting. But, should I sell it, I also don't want to "give it away". So, does anyone have an idea of what a reasonable and realistic value for this might be? Thank you for any insight.

Thank you, sir. That's in line with what I was guess-timating. Mine is in perfect condition, so I'd assume a bit more than that $1400 for the broken one. My thanks.

Might want to get some shipping quotes also. Depending on how far it goes, it could be a deal killer. Oh, and have the shipper (FedEx/UPS do the packing and take out full insurance. That is the only way you are full covered. Good luck!

Thanks for the input. I still have all the original packing materials, so it would ship exactly as it was shipped to me by Efx. Will FedEx or UPS pack it any better than that? And, yes. I would not ship something like this without insurance. 100% agree. Unless the buyer were willing to pop for it, I wouldn't ship internationally. Contiguous 48 only, most likely. I'm in the NY area, so my hope would be that I might luck out and someone in the tri-state area might want it. I've sold a few smaller things in that past, and all went to people in the NY area. I haven't 100% decided. But, I look at this thing every day and tell myself to sell it. So, I'm probably 90% there.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back