EFX 2016

This does look amazing but if it is released it may be years away and at a price that would be way over what I can afford these days. Esp to ship it over here. But I do envy whoever can get it. If they did the ESB version I don't think it would sell well. Just too big and way too expensive at 8'. Not enough people for that one. Even this would be pushing most people's budgets and display room.

Ben

I talked to Steve Nicen at Comic Con and he said that the request was for a version that would be a hybrid of the ANH and Rogue One SDs. I guess the R1 has more detail parts on it. He said he would like to make it so t he R1 parts could be added or left off.

OK - so this version ROCKS!

Rogue 1 version with the option to make it ANH accurate - Holy CR@P!!!

you can live with only 1 kidney right?

Jedi Dade

P.S. - slightly off topic but a rebut of an earlier post... Bandai makes really good models big and small... check out their large Space Battleship Yamato kits. I have zero doubt they "could" pull it off.

Clearly a high point at sdcc and it does look really nice, if the price point suggested of $5000 is on the nail then it's a big chunk at double the Falcon but it will def sell, how many who knows but if it goes into the low hundreds then it will be an investment much like the MR y wing or Flacon

I do appreciate the ambition of it and hope it comes to fruition but would love to see them focus on the smaller ships too aside from the Y

I guess if the Y is in production then now is the time to off load all the MR Y's as the crazy pricing will drop once this comes out .

I can't really say its not worth it at $5000 but I do not know if I'll be able to afford it. 5K is a VERY large chunk.

Jedi Dade
Yeah, it's that kind of thing where it probably needs to cost about $5000, so you can't gripe about the price, but there's no way I can justify buying it myself in the face of my family needs, etc.

It's definetly something that is worth that price. If prop shop were selling it you'd probably expect between $20 and $30K. Just look at what you get at Prop Shop for $5K and you'll see this is worth that. I won't be getting one as by the time it gets to me with tax and shipping it will be $10K but I envy anyone getting it. :)

Ben

To be honest this is probably the coolest studio scale ever offered. I never thought a lisceenced company would ever offer something like this. It's awesome. ;)

Ben

I bet the price will come down if DeAgostini thinks about releasing one. There are levels of pride when it comes to owning a Studio Scale replica. The lowest is actually buying one. Next higher is building a model kit of one. The top is building one yourself. Of course there are also sub levels to each of the aforementioned levels, regarding accuracy, quality, size, price, etc....

TazMan2000

Well IF DeAgostini were to offer one, someone would have to spoonfeed them as to how to build one. Although their falcon is cool, it's a facsimile of the studio model, with no lineage or sole.
You think the lowest level of pride comes from "just being able to buy one"? This type of thing isn't aimed at an average collector. It's aimed at collectors who love studio scale and high end licensed pieces for their collection. It will sell out fast. VERY few individuals are ever going to just build their own. Sure certain liberties had to be taken in detailing this model. As you know the original was only half detailed per say (actually it's kind of a mess). This had to be much more evenly detailed to appeal to people. The true heart and sole of the ANH model is here though. And I think people will feel and see the pedigree and nostalgia shine through. Cheers to all those involved!

I bet the price will come down if DeAgostini thinks about releasing one. There are levels of pride when it comes to owning a Studio Scale replica. The lowest is actually buying one. Next higher is building a model kit of one. The top is building one yourself. Of course there are also sub levels to each of the aforementioned levels, regarding accuracy, quality, size, price, etc....

TazMan2000

I'm not sure who the woman in the video was that said it was $5k or even if she is EFX staff but she seemed to say it knowingly . It could alter as production costs become more obvious but who knows

It's def worth it as is such an impressive model

I guess they would run a period for pre orders to gauge interest

All MR high end models sold out from memory quite quickly , though didn't the efx tie and x wing get made in numbers of around 600 or so based on pre orders

I guess the only way to know how many want it is by doing this, I should think 200 would be a minimum that they could justify at that price which is $1,000,000 gross

If this went to 500 made that's a lot of people for such a high end model , no way to compare this to prop shop that's just a scam that they're running with the mouse's blessing

Deagastini have good plans and ideas but not this grand and like Jamie said they'd need a team to provide them everything

They hit lucky with steve who in turn hit lucky with Moe and Frank and a few others

I'm not sure they'd get that anywhere or would they !

I don't think you'll find that Frank/Moe have anything pleasant to express towards SD... SD is,was, always will be a thief of ideas,reference,and individuals hard earned money. He stole from so many to make MR happen... Totally pathetic. MR stole from me blatantly to sell their product.... Yea I'll never forget.

I'm not sure who the woman in the video was that said it was $5k or even if she is EFX staff but she seemed to say it knowingly . It could alter as production costs become more obvious but who knows

It's def worth it as is such an impressive model

I guess they would run a period for pre orders to gauge interest

All MR high end models sold out from memory quite quickly , though didn't the efx tie and x wing get made in numbers of around 600 or so based on pre orders

I guess the only way to know how many want it is by doing this, I should think 200 would be a minimum that they could justify at that price which is $1,000,000 gross

If this went to 500 made that's a lot of people for such a high end model , no way to compare this to prop shop that's just a scam that they're running with the mouse's blessing

Deagastini have good plans and ideas but not this grand and like Jamie said they'd need a team to provide them everything

They hit lucky with steve who in turn hit lucky with Moe and Frank and a few others

I'm not sure they'd get that anywhere or would they !

All MR high end models sold out from memory quite quickly

If you mean, there are no more available from the manufacturer, then yes. But the MF was offered at discounts to get rid of them and the Snowspeeder was showing up at the Target and Amazon websites (but not the Target brick and mortar stores, of course) at discounts--it seemed like it was MR acting as a seller through those sites. It still bugs because in those days, I was (relatively) flush with money but no place to store them. Now I'm flush with space but no money.

The Deago angle is something EFx will have to consider. Both could be offering a SS SD, one in kit form and the other ready to display. One for XX and the other for $5k(?).

I dont give much credit for the gal quoting a price as there is much to work out from prototype and production if it comes to fruition at all.

At the end of the day, It all comes down to a business and a demand to fill. The Deago Falcon is doing well as there has never been anything in SS offered in any measurable numbers (besides MR). A consumer was faced with scratch building or paying $2-5k for a MR. Then came the Wallmart 29 inch toy for $60. Not perfect but wow....what a template. Then the Deago Falcon. Again, not perfect but can be perfected to the builders skill level at a 'reasonable' price.

Getting back to the EFX proposed SD. Nothing studio scale has been offered in kit form before. Guys will skip rent or medical insurance to buy a want. This will sell out.quickly if it gets produced..

Last edited:
You think the lowest level of pride comes from "just being able to buy one"?

Most definitely. I didn't mean that in a bad way. I am just comparing the level of pride that comes from meticulously crafting one yourself identical to the actual studio model. Anybody with money can buy something. It's takes someone special to create something. I have purchased many collectibles that I treasure. but items that I have had a hand in creating, such as plastic models, give me more of a sense of pride because part of myself has went into them through assembling, gluing and painting. When I create something that is not a kit but crafted from raw materials, it gives me the greatest sense of pride because it is one of a kind and a part of my soul has went into it. Literally blood, sweat and swears.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back