Jerseyfest 2016

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A great time was had by all this weekend in Whippany New Jersey. Here's some pics (there's a ton more from other people floating around as well):

Not only were there wonderful resin cast replicas:
14141843_10154501368948156_8716022470245077820_n.jpg

But also complete ground up scratch builds in attendance like the Skyhopper, and in-progress scratch builds like this baby:
14115467_10154501369388156_7335338104022276541_o.jpg

More pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154496531308156.1073741943.674213155&type=1&l=24d6ab613f

It was a great weekend with friends old and new, and lots of model talk. I really recommend attending if you get the chance!

I wish they'd move to a hotel closer to public transport. That's one of the reasons I haven't been attending. I hope to next year even if I have to rent a car.

Some great work there from the video I've seen too. I'm sorry to have missed the slave build. Mike really knocked it out of the park on that.

I went Saturday for a short time.Viewed the venders room,sat in on Steve's class.After Steve's class the room with the models in was closed.Someone buy the door let me in(thanks to who ever you were).I seen Slave1 ,B-wing,Y-wing,Skyhopper,& the crane.I'm sorry I missed the rest of your stuff Jason,where was your stuff located?

Dave

Sorry I missed it this year. Had a great opportunity to go but with wife going back to work and day care for the little one all this week it would've been more of an abandonment issue :cry

Family first, man.

Dave, all I brought was the crane and Skyhopper, and the naked Turret electronics, but I didn't have that in the display room - brought it down for the Sat night show and tell. It will be in full effect by Wonderfest, and then again probably at Jerseyfest 2017. Aim to have the 6 foot Pirate ship ready by then too.

We were there on Sunday. Delivered two SS x-wing commission builds to Dao2.

It was nice to go to a show again as we have not been to anything since moving up from Texas in 2003. We walked the room twice and since we just returned from our vacation, we had little/no money to spend. I did pick up two Dr. Flintbone kits of martian spy girl with female head and one with martian head. Wanted to buy so much more. It was great to see a lot of kits that we used to have. It was like a flashback.

Depending on her health, I would like to build a few kits for the contest next year.

The room with all the built kits was great. Was nice to see all the different approaches that were used to get the final results.

I did take a photo of Kristine (5' 10") next to the Slave 1 to show just how big the replica is. Her face is priceless as she was texting photos to a friend and I said look up. lol

Attachments

• 20160828_115022.jpg
    20160828_115022.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 179
First timer to JFF... blown away by the talents and variety of high quality builds on display. Mike's build was jaw-dropping. Even more blown away by all the great people... especially meeting more of you in person for the first time... could have went on all night if it wasn't for that pesky need for sleep. Even bought me a sweet B-Wing which barely squeezed into the overhead compartment on tiny UA jet I was on. They were darned determined to make me check it but I schooled them. Special thanks to all of you guys on here that made me feel really welcome seeing you in person for the first time. Just talking with you all got me juiced up to build something again... ok, clarification... finish all those builds sitting on my benches... :)

Last edited:
I was there on Saturday and Sunday. I would have liked to go to Mike's X-wing class. Looks like it was a blast.
The presentations that Sean, Steve and Mike gave were excellent. It was definitely humbling and inspiring to hear their stories and see their work up close.
I've got a _lot_ of work to do before next years show! Hopefully I'll be able to help you guys along the way.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back