EFX ANH Star Destroyer

Randy Cooper's 42" kit is amazing. You can commission one of the many talented model makers here to build it. I believe the one on Rebelscum was $3,500 total with an incredibly detailed diorama base.

If you can afford this EFX non sense please do the above and donate the rest to a good cause.

This is absurd and this company should not be supported by anyone on this planet.

Seriously how are these clowns still in business? How many years since the Boba Fett helmet, Full 1/1 Stormy, Stormy Hero helmet, Biker Scout Legend. How many years?

Last edited:
Do you want EFX to hold onto your money for decades, only to release from time to time announcements telling about various delays? Then throw your money on an EFX Star Destroyer!!

To be honest, I have seen people where I used to live spend that much on a single dinner- some just have a different scale of living. If somebody like that wanted a big ISD he would get it without thinking twice.

One guy had a Sabretooth Tiger fossil in his office- (he runs a chain of expensive optical stores) -I imagine that decoration cost even more...

That would be a VERY good bet.

This model is a true studio scale model though - going with the Randy Cooper route you're getting an approximation of what the model looked like... Don't get me wrong the thing totally rocks (I have one)... but its not "really" a studio scale model in that its made and detailed with the same parts.

it depends on what floats your boat... but for $16,000 I think I could build my own from scratch - or close enough I'd be very happy with it... that's a lot of dough...

Jedi Dade

I would also think if advertising for that sort of price they could show better photos...

Overall_BottomRear.jpg
I know it's a lot of money. Just don't underestimate the amount of work that's involved in building one of these things. I put that much just into the design work to create the patterns. All those "chips" and panel lines all over the bottom (never mind the top) are a total nightmare to recreate. I'll tell you what, if someone approached me and asked me to build them an accurate replica of this subject, I wouldn't do it $16K.

True as a one of - its crazy expensive... But the patterns are made - the Files created, the molds created. At this point is pumping out the parts, putting them together, paint, detailing and weathering. Surely a LOT of work... But not to the level of creating the original patterns, files and molds.

Well - at least I hope that is the case... I know they built one... and am assuming they kept the all that stuff.

jedi Dade

Well, not *quite* that simple. They did want to "manufacture" these in China, but I never thought that was practical and I guess I must've been right because it never happened. Now they are going to be built by hand. So, certainly not a ready-made product, but not made completely from scratch, either. It's somewhere in between. I'm not surprised those on this board are skeptical. I don't think we're the target market. Few of us can afford it, and many here prefer to build for themselves. :)

I think that the price is only part of it. That dollar amount in the context of their reputation for not delivering product as-advertised in a timely fashion is a hard pill to swallow.

Fair point. I just created the patterns for it. I have nothing to do with building them. :) Of course I hope they are successful and can find a way to make it work.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back