ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica (later builds, using my newest patterns)

Re: ecl's Kermit the Frog Puppet Replica, version 4 and 5!

This doesn’t happen everyday around here, so I took some pics:

5nhU0PI.jpg

OraeHC5.jpg

Their necks are stuffed to keep the heads up, so it looks thicker around there than it really is; I still need to figure out some kind of stand/structure that will work better for display.

U4nQk4H.jpg
Wow, as a puppeteer i never see many good kermit the frogs hand puppets!

Hey all, I'm sharing this link with Ecl's blessing, I ended up combing through this and the older Kermit thread to try and create a master google doc that collected all of Ecl's posts into one long document:

ECL's Kermit Build Bible (RPF Comment Compilation) V1 - Google Doc

Over the years Ecl has posted a lot of really good tips/photos/diagrams throughout both of his threads and I personally found it really helpful to have them categorized by subject matter ("Patterns", "Hands", "Legs", "Mouth Plate", etc.). I focused primarily on this thread as I figured it had the most up to date information/diagrams, but there are a few tidbits from the older thread that I thought were useful to include as well.

My hope is that this'll be a living document, so I'll do my best to keep an eye on both threads and if any new information comes up I'll be adding it to the Google Doc.

Enjoy!
Is it a download, i would love it!

You can download the google doc if you go to "File > Download". Let me know if it doesn't work for you for some reason, but as far as I know everyone should be able to download a hardcopy
Thanks for the answer! If i open google doc it just automatically stands there so i really dont have to download it

Dear makers,

Having built a Kermit replica using Fuzelle, I am somewhat dissatisfied with the colour of the 'Frogzilla'. It's more appropriate for modern Kermit, but I am keen to find a colour closer to the mid 80s or Muppets Take Manhattan colour.

I particularly love the colour as shown here, by I believe the creator of the F3 fleece. I have yet to successfully make contact to determine which dye/dyes were used.

Do any of you good folk have any ideas? I am guessing that ECL was also dying to a specific colour.
I have no experience with dye, so am a bit anxious about getting into mixing and experimenting and it's also very expensive to ship fleece to my country. Ideally, I would like a colour straight out of the pot.

I have some leftover Greenzilla fuzelle, and may try dying some of those scraps to this colour.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 14.55.46.png

I know its hard to do but, i should try experimenting with dying. Because if you want to have a good kermit you really need to experiment with colors. Look at the kermit you wanna make, and search for the deepest information you can find. I hope this helps!

I know its hard to do but, i should try experimenting with dying. Because if you want to have a good kermit you really need to experiment with colors. Look at the kermit you wanna make, and search for the deepest information you can find. I hope this helps!
Thanks. I have since experimented with the world of dye and am getting great results.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back