Eaglemoss 2 foot Enterprise D

I have seen it in person. The one for sale on Ebay is ridiculous price wise. It is/was whitish grey. It was made of brass and laser cut and was lighted only. I remember back in the day a few folks modified them for sound and added a remote. While is was awesome at the time it was incrediblly expensive at about a $3500 price point in the Star Trek experience store. The stand was just a solid wire structure only. I remember painted screws in the neck that held the saucer section to the rest of the ship. It was old tech so it used a lot of bulbs and was warm. Fast forward 20 years I am excited to see this eagle moss kit with LEDs and hopefully no visible screws.
Good info. Yea that guy is dreaming, but what a cool piece. Ill do this one and save the $22,000.

Well....
C351F88D-54D3-4002-86C7-1C77E2787C0A.jpeg
B4A0E962-B036-4B2F-9B9A-AB584F8FFA37.jpeg
six sets together so far. Pure enjoyment and high quality

It is a mix of diecast and plastic. The parts in the first set are the bridge and deck 2 and the top half of one nacelle.

The hiccups are not really anything major, just little details like the bridge dome is solid but "should" be clear and lit, the vent grills on the sides of the bridge, one is clear and lit and shouldn't be and the grill behind the bussard is molded in transparent orange instead of solid, but that is actually supposed to get replaced later. So far all easy tweaks really.

I'm thinking I will at least go through the parts as I get them to make sure everything is right, but as a example with the nacelles, I haven't built the one half yet. I will wait till I have the rest of those parts and do them at the same time.

I also already plan to change the electrics a bit as well. As I understand it, there will be 4 separate power supplies/battery packs and 4 switches. I plan on changing to wall power and maybe two switches at most, but I will need to have more of it here to know exactly how that will actually work.

There are a couple youtube channels from the UK that are doing the build and are a delivery or two ahead of the US. With the couple parts I have so far and what I am seeing on the youtubes, I am not at all disappointed with signing up. There are a bunch of people complaining already tho, of course lol, mainly because of the bridge.... "how could they, worst kit ever, ect... ect". [emoji12] I am not one of them.[emoji16][emoji41]View attachment 1442147View attachment 1442148
If you figure out the electrics vs 4 battery packs let me know. I would definitely be interested. Would be nice if Eaglemoss gave us that option and hid it all in that large base

If you figure out the electrics vs 4 battery packs let me know. I would definitely be interested. Would be nice if Eaglemoss gave us that option and hid it all in that large base
Will see what I can do :) I agree it would be nice to have the option, I'm assuming they set it up as is for ease of assembly and just overall less of a pain for "new" builders.

So a few new parts kits came in. Two more hull structure pieces and the cobra head. The black out and clear window pieces offer the most challenge as they are tiny and need to be trimmed. GC

135A1740-E722-4288-B2A1-F2DEF8A0A760.jpeg
D939DB5B-6A76-4533-AACF-A2DA669A3B35.jpeg

So kit 4 showed up and the upper hull superstructure is almost complete and it’s pretty large. All the electronics LED wise are done with the cobra neck to include the windows and the impulse drive.

3F9CD2E5-6191-4B43-8659-015ABBAB4BAD.jpeg
8558A298-12B9-4C9C-9205-AAC1C139E713.jpeg

This is going to be quite impressive when complete,have fun. If I had known this was coming I might have skipped the T-800. I need to be independently wealth.

This is going to be quite impressive when complete,have fun. If I had known this was coming I might have skipped the T-800. I need to be independently wealth.
That’s the truth I had eye on the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 but had to make a choice. It’s also about not wanting to run multiple project as well.

I was seriously considering this (May still do…) but I want to wait to see what the outer section panel fit looks like when someone has gotten further through the run (Worlds of Wayne on YouTube seems to be furthest ahead) because from the Eaglemoss release video it seemed like it might be very gappy.

I was seriously considering this (May still do…) but I want to wait to see what the outer section panel fit looks like when someone has gotten further through the run (Worlds of Wayne on YouTube seems to be furthest ahead) because from the Eaglemoss release video it seemed like it might be very gappy.
I saw that where the battle hull meets the saucer section. Time will tell. I’ve seen a few mods along the way where Wayne drilled a beacon light into the top of the model as well. I don’t think he mentioned that gap however, I believe that was in another channel and that op mentioned he was talking to tech support at Eaglemoss about his particular issue.

Last edited:
I saw that where the battle hull meets the saucer section. Time will tell. I’ve seen a few mods along the way where Wayne drilled a beacon light into the top of the model as well. I don’t think he mentioned that gap however, I believe that was in another channel and that op mentioned he was talking to tech support at Eaglemoss about his particular issue.

I don't think i'd be happy if the edges of the individual quadrant pieces on the saucer section (or anywhere else) were more attention-drawing than the aztec or panel lines. I appreciate the Eaglemoss official video had their "prototype" kit in it, so it wasn't necessarily a perfect version, but still...

I don't think i'd be happy if the edges of the individual quadrant pieces on the saucer section (or anywhere else) were more attention-drawing than the aztec or panel lines. I appreciate the Eaglemoss official video had their "prototype" kit in it, so it wasn't necessarily a perfect version, but still...

So kit 5 arrived. The upper saucer section superstructure is complete. Some shuttle bay doors were added to the cobra neck and a piece of a hull section was completed. Also two neck sections arrived. Also I received my first major paint flaw of an obivious repair made by the factory with a poor touch up job and two smaller repairs one above and one below the larger touchup. I also see masking lines above and below the repair. IMHO never should have left the factory floor in this condition. A little disappointed to be honest. Email sent to customer support for a replacement.
4D6613B7-8CEB-4CEC-9439-C6B4AE14C137.jpeg
B3E4B799-1267-43CE-8B74-B0F14B32D7B9.jpeg
712C6CBF-DAAB-4E9D-8D16-3DA703765539.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my first two kits, and have a list of mods required. The blue engine grilles definitely need painted copper, and the orange Bussard "EM field projectors" need painted yellow (though I read somewhere they were going to sent replacement parts for that).

I added the black RCS Thrusters to the yellow squares they provided (black vinyl tape - easy fix!), and I'll put a red trim around that shortly.

IMG_8101.JPG

The first task is to drill out the roof of the bridge and add a clear dome so I can get it lit. Can anyone recommend a 4.1 mm diameter piece of transparent plastic I can drop in there as a dome?

IMG_8102.JPG

IMG_8104.jpg

You could try Solarez (doming variant) to create you own.

It's a clear resin that goes solid under UV light (UV flashlight sold separately).

Probably a little expensive if you only need the one part, but I have used it for other things like filling windows, gluing LEDs in place or anchoring wiring.

There is also a smaller (cheaper) three tube set of thick, thin and flexible variants. The thick may work just as well.

Stage 6 is complete and the damaged section was replaced by Eaglemoss. Assembly of the decking panels onto the hull has begun in earnest. A lot of refitting along the way and cable management are now becoming key. The test battery pack provided in stage one is now located under the magnetic battle bridge and provides on and off switch power to the cobra neck lights and feeds the nav lights that will come in future panels.
09A487A1-56B7-4A21-B0B4-2599264DA463.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back