Dustin Stranger Things Roast Beef Costume

Managed to pick up a few screen accurate Armitron FM watches that Dustin wears in Season 3 and 4. With the help of UnusualWizardry we were able to secure a small lot of them. May be up for selling a couple of them, so if you're in the market shoot me a message.

They are brand new in the box but the battery terminal on the inside has some corrosion. Tested them and a few work 100%, and the others have a working radio but the display does not work (likely due to a battery terminal that needs some TLC).

Nonetheless, these things are pretty rare to come by. As I mentioned a few posts back, I found one (not accurate Nelsonic brand) that didn't work and didn't come with the watch band or headphones, and the guy said he was offered $350 for it. WILD!

Not gonna lie, it was pretty sweet hooking up the headphones and listening to the radio with the watch. Was so excited it wore it to work the next day lol!

2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 8.33.31 PM.png

***Apologies for all the "remove" posts. When trying to make a post I was getting a server error but I guess it was still going through.***

Last edited:
Managed to pick up a few screen accurate Armitron FM watches that Dustin wears in Season 3 and 4. With the help of UnusualWizardry we were able to secure a small lot of them. May be up for selling a couple of them, so if you're in the market shoot me a message. The radio on the watch works, but the digital display does not. They are brand new in the box but the battery terminal on the inside has some corrosion. Very well could be fixed with a little TLC. Nonetheless, these things are pretty rare to come by. As I mentioned a few posts back, I found one (not accurate Nelsonic brand) that didn't work and didn't come with the watch band or headphones, and the guy said he was offered $350 for it. WILD!

Not gonna lie, it was pretty sweet hooking up the headphones and listening to the radio with the watch. Was so excited it wore it to work the next day lol!

Yes! This is one of the exciting updates I've been dying to mention when I had time. We have some actual freaking Armitrons people!

Stick around! I am completely rebuilding my bag this summer using a lot of the new finds and new patch designs. I've got some weeks off coming up soon so I can finally post a ton of stuff that I haven't had time to get to.
Oh I am definitely planning on it!! My son just turned 7 and he LOVES Dustin! He actually just had the chance (Sunday) to sing Never Ending Story with Gabriella Pizzolo (in his season 3 cosplay) <3 Talk about making memories!! We have been lucky enough to snag the vintage vest for $15 and I found the shorts but had to alter them to his size because they are only in mens sizes (unless someone knows different) We found the Roast Beef shirt on a cosplay website for $30 (best replica I could find). The hat was Amazon but I would love to locate a true SA piece. His shoes are Reboks but again everything is child sizing so not exact matches but he rocked it!!! The other image is another Con we attended recently and had the chance to meet Millie. We eventually want to have an iconic look from each season that he can choose from but we definitely need some vintage pieces to really pull that all together.

On another note, can anyone give me some in depth details about Joyce Byers looks? I managed to get my hands on the Urban Outfitters purple and orange button down from season 3 but I'm also looking to build my cosplay looks for her and want to locate more SA pieces but don't know where to find that information. Everything I search tends to lead me down a rabbit hole still without answers.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20230520_181038[1].jpg
    20230520_181038[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20230614_105120_Gallery[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20230614_105120_Gallery[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
We eventually want to have an iconic look from each season that he can choose from but we definitely need some vintage pieces to really pull that all together.
Well hopefully we can help with that! We've got the Armitron watch for anything Season 3 & 4 (and presumably 5) now fortunately.
If you're doing any Season 1 or 2 looks, Dustin's watch is a Casio F-91W for those. I'm working on posting a lot more soon.

On another note, can anyone give me some in depth details about Joyce Byers looks?
You know - it's unfortunate. I followed a Joyce Byers cosplayer on Instagram who had a trove of excellent identifications and they appear to have removed their account :( That being said - I know some Joyce props, just not much about the costumes. I'll do some digging in my network and see if I can come across some other helpful resources though.

Mystery Domed Epoxy Pin
View attachment 1653937
Still no clue what this is at all, appears to be pink and purple. Maybe orange and purple?
Looks like a shoe sometimes, also looks like a weird robot dinosaur head with an antenna, or maybe a desert landscape with a sun and...something tall?​

I have been pondering this and I wondered if it's not some sort of variant Atari Controller pin. I haven't been able to find one that matches the colours but maybe that's an avenue worth looking into?

Attachments

• Atari.jpg
    Atari.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
BrotherWilliam That's an interesting theory for sure. Could be worth looking into.
I also thought recently it looks kind of like a boombox / radio? Within this realm:
il_300x300.3045085358_fxzi.jpg

Both avenues are solid ideas. If I don't get anymore leads soon, I will probably go the computer pin route and try doing some custom art for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back