Dust in saber blade

Lakayitha

Received my first working lightsaber today! But... I've been a bit stupid and I decided to shorten the blade without Googling how to first. Used a mechanical saw so it has a nice straight edge but unfortunately I got some polycarbonate sawdust in the blade and the foil this way (yes, I'll be sure to use a PVC cutter next time :p).

Since it's permanently capped on one side it's impossible to use a vacuum or pressure blower to get the dust out. I was contemplating using water to slosh it out and letting the blade dry well after, but I won't be touching it before asking for advice! So: what would be the best way to tackle this problem without buying a new blade?

how permanently is it capped? It might be possible to pry it off and then glue it back on, unless it's one of the LGT/Amazon/Chinese blades that has the pins securing it. I would think that blowing it with a compressor would be a good starting point, the air is going to escape on way or another, just try to pick one wall to aim for and the debris may ride out on the opposite one.

harrisonp late reply, sorry!
It did indeed have a pinned cap, but we managed to very carefully drill the pins out and pry the cap loose. Thanks for the tip! It eventually worked :) next time, I'll be sure just to use a PVC cutter though!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back