Dueling lightsaber from ROTS in propstore auction!

This is the MR replica. Looks like the one from the Propstore's pic.
1622551369808.png

The MR has an aluminum activation band while the resin stunt is chromed. I'd say it looks more like the EFX resin saber from a while back, but I'm probably just nitpicking.

More pics!

And these two from the catalogue, as best as I can snip them:
1622569898973.png

1622569929120.png

So it seems the blade only screws into the bottom half of the saber, and the set screws keep the top half on - I bet they hot swapped parts on set because the plating seems inconsistent on the Anakin.

These two pics are also relevant for construction:
1622570008805.png
1622570017852.png

(Found these two originally posted by Darth Lars, here)

The MR has an aluminum activation band while the resin stunt is chromed. I'd say it looks more like the EFX resin saber from a while back, but I'm probably just nitpicking.
Nope, this is my prop and it`s an MR that I bought from the time MR was selling that saber.

Oh gosh, I wonder how that insert is held in (you can see it poking out the emitter of the anakin saber in the catalogue)

This is pretty cool. I'm surprised at how thick this auction version is of Obi's saber. You can see the plain versions in Darth Lars' phots with a much nicer looking neck

The purpose of the bottleneck on Anakin's lightsaber is for "choking up" on the handle. It's a term knife and sword makers use for the dip on the handle where it meets the guard. The padding of the index finger and thumb lock into this dip. It's critical for preventing slipping in any direction.

Also was used in a whole Mace vs Sidious duel
View attachment 1463737
This is a continuity error caused by running script re-writes. At the start of this fight, we clearly see Palpatine uses his own lightsaber, but in an earlier draft, Anakin left his lightsaber with Palpatine before going off somewhere. In the final draft, the lightsaber in Palpatine's hand is supposed to be his own, but the scenes were shot according to the previous draft.

This is a continuity error caused by running script re-writes. At the start of this fight, we clearly see Palpatine uses his own lightsaber, but in an earlier draft, Anakin left his lightsaber with Palpatine before going off somewhere. In the final draft, the lightsaber in Palpatine's hand is supposed to be his own, but the scenes were shot according to the previous draft.
would it be the same star wars without continuity errors :D

The purpose of the bottleneck on Anakin's lightsaber is for "choking up" on the handle. It's a term knife and sword makers use for the dip on the handle where it meets the guard. The padding of the index finger and thumb lock into this dip. It's critical for preventing slipping in any direction.
also makes it also easier to spin

Actually, I had always heard that in other drafts, Anakin was there for the whole duel, standing aside, and Palpatine used the force to grab it off his belt

I've never noticed until recently but the Stunt Sabers are seen clearly in the film in one shot during the duel, It's strange after all these years of watching the scene and still noticing new things!

View attachment 1463632
What you can't unsee is the one-shot where they've swapped sabers, and they paint the blade over the emitter to make it less noticeable, but you can see the bunny ears popping out from behind the blade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back