Dueling lightsaber from ROTS in propstore auction!

Definitely looks like the grip and clamp were separate plastic pieces. Judging by the line at the end of the grips toward the clamp, it looks like it separates there. Maybe the whole grip/pommel section is a sort of long molded plastic cap that goes over what would be the 'blank' aluminum bottom that extends down from the emitter/top half, just with a milled down OD to allow for the plastic grip cap.

I'm undecided about the clamp section. The smooth sections to either side of the textured section... Sometimes they look like they're the same diameter as the knurl (as it is on the hero), sometimes they look thinner.

Found this from a few minutes ago - some quick shots of the upcoming auction!

Maybe this'll help with the clamp Anakin Starkiller. Perhaps it was the same diameter, but resin shrinkage/distortion made it a bit wonky on some spots? Though, it is tough to make out.

1622310951265.png

Last edited:
I'm undecided about the clamp section. The smooth sections to either side of the textured section... Sometimes they look like they're the same diameter as the knurl (as it is on the hero), sometimes they look thinner.
thye are slightly thinner, as the top of the knurl has been cut off leaving that square area

it has to be slightly lower, as it was cast from the hero which has pointed tops, the stunt has flattens tops meaning it was shaved down ever so slightly

Then post them. We can’t be expected to take your word for it.

You have to come up with the goods to support your argument, or if you’re bound by confidentiality, you should really just refrain from making said argument and let the discussion continue on.

Last edited:
I think this picture shows that the top of the knurl is pretty much even with the smooth clamp surface.
View attachment 1462662
So, my thoughts on this..

That piece looks to be a separate tube to the upper half of the saber. I see some striations on it, and I wonder if they spun-sanded the piece to finish it and that blunted the knurling. I agree the bands left and right are at the same height, looking at that plate where the clamp box would be.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back