Droid Socket Interface

corliss1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all! I did check out this thread:

but do we have any more details on what the actual parts are, or possibly anyone that has made one that works/spins? I'm not find a whole lot of discussion on this part here, which I think is a bit surprising.

Thanks for any thoughts you have!

Yep, check out Brian Thompson’s Etsy store “the Smuggler’s room” he also has a cool YouTube channel. He makes a kit with various discs that can stack in different ways to make up a good droid socket or a few variations (that all look good as far as I can tell). They were sold out last time I checked, maybe you’ll get lucky!
LOL! Just realized what the other thread was that you posted. Ok, I’m out.

I have seen the stackable disc kit, but much like everything else in the original trilogy I'm assuming it's at least partly a found part, right? Maybe? Especially since there seem to be several of these in various scenes. It could be custom made, though.

Well, I agree that there were probably many found parts, especially given the budget of the first film. I would guess that they had a panel and they reconfigured it for whatever wall they were need R2 to plug into.
the wheels/gears are very interesting. I always imagined they were from the inside of some military transmission or something that would be difficult to find and anyone who could identify it is getting up there in years and maybe completely unaware (WWII motor pool maintenance people, etc.)

Also, it looks like Smuggler’s room just had stock for sale in September. I must have checked the day before and again the day they sold out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back