Dredd movie (2012) costume parts identification

The Comic Con Badges may have been created using the same digital file(s) used to make this promo image from the official Dredd Facebook Page...

DreddBadgePromoImage.png

noticed that too, I'm gonna go with a green (if I can find a color close enough that will bond to the pouches)...
Have you noticed that in parts of the movie and the propstore auction the mag holders looks flat black? I guess it depends on the lighting. I think you could get away with either color.

I was looking for cfh935's original post about the leathers and see he's been banned ,anyone know what for?
that's throwing up a red flag for me...
The Dragon*Con 2013 Dredd costume group on facebook is working on putting together a less expensive and even more accurate version of the leathers with armored vest included (that's the goal anyway). You can do a search on fb to find them.
They need a minimum number of suit orders to make it work financially, but they are getting very close.

I was looking for cfh935's original post about the leathers and see he's been banned ,anyone know what for?
that's throwing up a red flag for me...

I don't know why cfh935 was banned. That's between him and the mods. But I can tell you that it has nothing to do with the factory run of Dredd suits our group is trying to put together. He was not the one orchestrating the outfit run. His only involvement with that was to come onto this board and tell people about it.

Feel free to go onto facebook and search for the Dredd Dragon Con group. (I have no idea if I'm allowed to post a link to it here or not). All of your questions can be answered there.
A lot of veteran costume folks from the RPF are part of the fb group.

Are there more details on the leather kits being put together... slowly getting the pieces together and would be interested.

Also, has anyone come up with or know what they will be using for the Knees/Elbows?

All of the info on the leather suit run can be found at the Dredd Dragon Con facebook page.
I'm going to post a link here. I don't know if that's allowed or now. Mods, please feel free to delete my post if for some reason I'm not supposed to link to a facebook group. (Not everyone who is in that FB group and organizing the run is a member here on the RPF, which is probably why it is not being orchestrated here):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DreddCostumeGroup.DragonCon2013/

Nice pics, helps a lot.

My musings are that the armour is like a waist coat (suit vest for our friends in the west) made up of a base layer of that black tightly weaved material (if anyone knows what that's called, please tell me) over a thin foam material to give it it's shape. Onto this, they have stitched the actual body armour.

A bit like UK Police stab vests, only way cooler :)

H.

Not sure if this is the absolute best place to post these but I figured we didn't need a new thread.
Anyway..found these on ImageShack...posted there by someone called Samandriel 187
...Lot of behind the scenes shots...some large but mostly not..
dredd21.jpg

Stunt Guy Dredd..

52279552510358085034884.jpg

22700525103464183693637.jpg

27043652510255751711714.jpg

Don't even think it...too late :)

57842852510401418363887.jpg

Hall of Justice Guards I think?..can't see too many of these getting made.

32046152510333751703915.jpg

6dnvq.jpg

Knee/shoulder pad green really pops in this pic.

Excellent pics. Great for clear close ups of the shoulder eagles and how the body armour is put together. Also, a good look at the holsters and shin guards.

I guess its meant to be part of the non-patrol uniform...in the office doin' the paperwork!

You can see it here and I think rpfer Nicklambo made up a set custom leathers based on it.

I guess its meant to be part of the non-patrol uniform...in the office doin' the paperwork!

You can see it here and I think rpfer Nicklambo made up a set custom leathers based on it.
If you watch the on-set interviews with Karl Urban that are contained in the Blu-Ray's Featurettes, you'll see that, similar to a pic above, Urban had removed the helmet and armor vest, and unzipped the jacket, but kept the jacket on for the interviews. And you can clearly see the "Justice Eagle" embossed into the right shoulder of the jacket, and Dredd's badge embossed into the left shoulder.

On Dredd's "Hero Version" jacket, these details weren't colored, they were just embossed into the black leather. But in some of the pictures above, it looks like some of the extras had a GOLD "Justice Eagle" on the leather jacket, underneath the armor. Weird.

If you watch the on-set interviews with Karl Urban that are contained in the Blu-Ray's Featurettes, you'll see that, similar to a pic above, Urban had removed the helmet and armor vest, and unzipped the jacket, but kept the jacket on for the interviews. And you can clearly see the "Justice Eagle" embossed into the right shoulder of the jacket, and Dredd's badge embossed into the left shoulder.

On Dredd's "Hero Version" jacket, these details weren't colored, they were just embossed into the black leather. But in some of the pictures above, it looks like some of the extras had a GOLD "Justice Eagle" on the leather jacket, underneath the armor. Weird.

Has anyone noticed if the gold shows up on anyone else during the movie? I wish I had the Blu-ray to compare to.

In the pic with Urban & Thirlby it looks like the boots are a combination of boots and gaiters, as opposed to an all in one motor bike boot???

H.

If you pause the movie when they do the initial drugs bust, just as Dredd tells Anderson to get them cuffed he is side on to the camera with gun raised. Under the shoulder armour you can just make out a golden blob, which I take to be the eagle on his leather jacket.

Only watching the standard DVD, so someone with the Blu Ray might be able to make it out more clearly. It's roughly at 21.58 into the movie.

H.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back