Dredd Helmet - First time build - Pic heavy - Aus

Really nice build on that helmet. It shows that you took your time. Also one of the best tutorials I have seen. I am in the process of building one myself. but I feel I need to go a smidge larger.
IMG_20151019_080257.jpg

Part 10 - Painting has been added to comment/ post number 1!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words. Why are you feeling the need to go a little larger?

Really nice build on that helmet. It shows that you took your time. Also one of the best tutorials I have seen. I am in the process of building one myself. but I feel I need to go a smidge larger.
View attachment 596819

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww that would be sick. What pep files are you using for the stallone helmet?

View attachment 596840 awesome build brother I'm doing the same thing but both helmets at the same time Stallone dredd and new dredd.

Don't know if you've seen pics from older helmet builds but there are lines separating the "Mohawk" from the red ear pads that run from front to back. They converge slightly near the helmet base. The shield or badge on the front of the Mohawk can be easily replicated by using a basic shape cut from paper thin styrene plastic sheet. That allows the badge to easily conform to the curve of the helmet front. Then you can use .125 thick styrene to build the detail form on top. After gold paint and weathering you can epoxy the badge to the front. I have a scratch built helmet and a cast fiberglass helmet from screen prop, sold by a member here. The actual prop has a recessed frame area surrounding the badge and a cast badge is glued into the recess. Your project is looking great. Check out the Dredd costume build to find and profit from others experience before you.

Part 13 added. IT'S FINALLY COMPLETED! Pretty happy :D

- - - Updated - - -

heya, I became I member here just to thank you on such a fine thread.
I've been a huge Dredd fan since forever and this has given me the courage to attempt it.
... Right after I finish my Boba Fett ;) which this thread has given me lots of tips for.
and thank you for the Australian research... It's a pain to try and find Sintra or Bondo equivalents in Oz but you've done the legwork and made things a lot easier.
Cheers mate :)

heya, I became I member here just to thank you on such a fine thread.
I've been a huge Dredd fan since forever and this has given me the courage to attempt it.
... Right after I finish my Boba Fett ;) which this thread has given me lots of tips for.
and thank you for the Australian research... It's a pain to try and find Sintra or Bondo equivalents in Oz but you've done the legwork and made things a lot easier.
Cheers mate :)

Hey! Thanks so much for the message, means a lot and I'm glad my thread has been able to help you in some way, shape or form. Good luck with all your builds and if there is anything I can help with, during your Dredd build, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm now about to make a new thread, following my custom Dredd armour build. It's not complete yet but fingers crossed it does the helmet justice

Sorry for coming in a bit late, but if you add less catalyst (cream) to the bondo it will kick slower. If you add more, it kicks faster. Bondo is simply corn starch and polyester resin. So fiberglass. With corn starch rather than glass... I know this will not do you much good being finished, but others will be using your WIP for a guide.

this is fantastic! sadly several of the images dont show up anymore for a noob like me to learn from. but the final result is bad ass!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back