DragonCon 2013

Hi, all! As Dragon*Con approaches, I thought I might make a last ditch effort here to complete a group that I'm putting together. This is a Friday night group, and we hope to get together between 7 and 8pm.

Basically, what we're doing is "Rule 63" or femme!Doctor Who characters. The goal is to have all 11 Doctors, and right now my Six has just dropped out due to personal reasons, and I've never been able to find a Seven. The idea is to make original cute designs that are feminine but recognizable as the Doctors. For example, I'm making Ten. I'm going to have a blue pinstripe skirt suit with red Chucks and little details like his glasses (I wear glasses, anyway) and his sonic screwdriver. So not totally different and not overtly skimpy or anything, and highly recognizable. The beauty of this is that a lot of the costumes can be thrifted and put together with purchased items. So if ANYONE is interested in being my Six or Seven, and putting together a cute and easy costume, please just let me know. You can also send a request to join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/292939057507233/

Thanks, everyone! <3

I'll be there!

Recondo G.I. JOE for a couple of days, then...
Colonial Marine from Aliens for the remainder of the event.

I'll be there again!

I'll be bringing...
Faora (Man of Steel)
Female Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

See you all there!

I'll be there again!

I'll be bringing...
Faora (Man of Steel)
Female Bane (The Dark Knight Rises)

See you all there!

Oh. My. GAWD! People say this kind of stuff and never mean, but I mean it when I say I HAVE to see both of those. Do you have a FB costume page or anything? I'm working on a DC villain myself with Deathstroke. Gotta arrange some kind of meetup even for just a min to get a pic of your costumes!

Oh. My. GAWD! People say this kind of stuff and never mean, but I mean it when I say I HAVE to see both of those. Do you have a FB costume page or anything? I'm working on a DC villain myself with Deathstroke. Gotta arrange some kind of meetup even for just a min to get a pic of your costumes!

I would totally love to do a meetup! I'm also going to have a Dark Knight rises Catwoman with me. I don't have an FB page for this, but you can shoot me a PM here and we can figure something out!

I'll be at DragonCon from Thursday morning to Monday evening. I'm trying to work on a Defiance costume, since they now have a group and photo shoot Sunday. Been staying at the Hyatt for the last 5 years. My line up so far is Darth Vol Thursday, Dee Snyder (Twisted Sister) Friday, Judge Dredd (RIFF) Saturday, Defiance costume Sunday, and Zombie Maul Monday. Can't wait to see everyone

I'm a serious lurker on this site, but I'm going to D*C and I'm taking these:

Irisa (Defiance) - Darth Vol, I'm planning on making the photoshoot on Sunday. Who are you trying to cosplay?
Galaxy Quest - totally not finished, but should be able to get it done.
Basic periodic table parade group costume - Strontium with some tweaks this year.

After that, I'm not sure which of my old ones I'm taking:
Hit-Girl is a probably.
Baby Bowler has been the past two years, so probably not.
Jedi is likely out for space reasons.
Star Trek Voyager is likely in in case I decide to try to help out with the record attempt.
Very basic zombie for the zombie ball is in.

We'll be there this year, but scaled back a few days, for saving for other trips purposes :p!

Currently trying to finish up Dwarven and Nightingale armor for Skyrim for my bf and I. And new Legolas and Tauriel from The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug!

Will there be another attempt at a meetup this year? Last year I showed up late and somehow missed everyone (of course ran into some members at the bar later!).

The screen used TARDIS console I worked on is rumored to be at Dragon-Con this year... tell all of your friends to tell D*C management how happy you are about this rumor, and we can make it a sure thing.

--Brian

This will be my husband and I's first time at DC. Trying not to be nervous about the whole thing. Right now the only costume i'm working on for myself is a Sith. A very very special sith :devil I also thought about doing a Water Bender, but i just can't seem to get the design down :( I have several historical things i can pull out of my closet too. Can't believe we are getting so close.

Hey all,...

Do you wanna Rock and Roll All Night on Saturday at Dragon*Con?!?!

Some of you may/may not have known of my band, but I am proud to announce that we will be performing Dragon*Con 2013! I hope to see many of you there!!!

KISSNATION, the KISS Tribute Show from New York City, invades the largest multi media, pop culture convention in the universe!!! Whether you're a die hard KISS fan, or someone who just loves a great show, or someone anywhere in between,.... don't miss this explosive event and get ready to Rock and Roll All Night with KISSNATION!!!

KISSNATION at DRAGON CON 2013
AUGUST 31, 2013
SATURDAY NIGHT at MIDNIGHT
HYATT REGENCY ATLANTA
THE CENTENNIAL BALLROOM
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA

Join the Facebook invite HERE!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1374253219463540/

For info on KISSNATION, visit:
KISSNATION: NYC's Tribute to KISS! - Intro

Get a sneak peak. See members of the real KISS meeting KISSNATION!
KISSNATION Meets KISS - YouTube

Not gonna be able to make it with my Iron Man suit, not gonna be ready in time this year, though I still will be doing Neo and Eric Dravens - Crow version...

With a bit of random luck earlier this month it looks like I'm going this year.

No new costumes, might just go in normal attire and take lots of pictures and stand in long lines.

had to get a room a couple blocks north of the Marriot this year ('W' Downtown)... first time in a few years that I won't be able to stay in a Host hotel, which kind of stinks, but that's life I guess..

still unsure which costumes I'm bringing.. probably at least 1) Ferris Bueller 2) StarTrek:TNG engineer uniform and maybe either 3) Jawa or 4) X-wing Pilot

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back