Double H's Cobra Predator - The Evolution Of A Predator (Wip)

Double H

Sr Member
Hello fellow hunters,

I have recently decide to upgrade my armour from its original rigid cardboard state to a more fexible, durable state using foamies.Its a working progress so bear with me but heres what I have got so far:

Chest Armour on muscle suit

IMAG0321.jpg

Shoulder bells with bicep armour attached

IMAG0313.jpg

Backpack (working on attaching this)

IMAG0317.jpg

Plasma Canon

IMAG0291.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

Shuriken

IMAG0237.jpg

More still to come but am working on them at present.

Let me know what you guys think so far.

Cheers

Double H

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback, glad you guys like them.

I have been working all night testing and trying to find a way of attaching my backpack to the armour - whether to use hot glue, velcro or something.

I have found that strong velcro will do the job if placed in the right places so will be pursuing this as of tomorrow.

UPDATE!!!!!!

Sorry its been awhile, but finally have an update on my armour. Been working all night for the last couple of nights on the bomb gauntlet and blade gauntlet - which proved to be hard as hell!!!! The bomb computer has LED's wired in with a battery compartment and the blade gauntlets are in one stuck position. Anyway, style waiting on paint up, but here are the newest additions to my armory, enjoy ...

Bomb gauntlet

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:308]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:309]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:310]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:311]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:312]

Details added

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:316]

Blade gauntlet - with Yautja writing

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:315]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:314]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:313]

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Double H

UPDATE!!!!!!

Hello Fellow Hunters,

Just a quick update, haven't had a lot of time to work on the pred at the mo but have managed to primer and paint some of my armour pieces. I used Plasti-kote grey primer for a base colour and then used a Plasti-kote Aluminum Gloss for top coat. I then sponged on darker areas using a dark-silver acrylic. Here's a few pictures taken on my camera phone - sorry for the poor quality, details may be a lil' unclear....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:573]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:568]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:572]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:571]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:570]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:569]

And I also made a pair of pred feet using an old pair of boots and expanding foam

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:574]

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

Double H

Hello fellow hunters,

I'm back with another update. Been working on my lower body armour aka the groin, rear and thigh armour. Looking to start working on my shin armour once I have finished my pred feet (the need to be covered in latex and then be painted and toe dusters added etc). Here a few pictures:

Backpack with canon added

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:605]

Armour together

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:604]

Lower armour together

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:600]

Rear armour upclose

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:603]

Thigh armour "-"

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:602]

Groin armour "-"

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:601]

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Double H

Just a quick update, I cracked on with the paint on the middle body armour today and added the darker tones and battle damage. Also finished the paint up on the chest armour and attached the backpack to it (now that was a job....) but anyway heres afew pics to show what has been acheived enjoy....

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:634]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:635]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:636]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:637]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:638]

Also got this idea for a bone necklace - pick it up for £1 at poundland.

Still waiting on my order for liquid latex to get on with the pred feet and shin armour. Hopefully should be here before the end of the week

cheers

Double H

Thanks, I used vinman's shoulder bell and bicep template and then changed a couple of areas to add my own personal touch to the armour.

Hope that helps

Hello all

Quick update on the my AVP armour. I have just finished the toe dusters for both pred feet and they will be painted up tomorrow or over the weekend. Also the latex for my pred feet finally arrived and have coated serveral layers on them. Once that dry I will add more details like paint up, foot straps and ankle armour etc. Anyway, there are some pictures:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:698]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:699]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:700]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:701]

Let me know what you guys think (y)

Update

Hello fellow lair members,

Its been along tme coming but I have finally finished my pred shins and feet. I could only get one picture up so its the finished piece. Will wait for the picture uploading error to rectify itself before adding the construction pictures but this is what I got so far.

8739-predator-shins.jpg

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers

Double H

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back