Double H's Cobra Predator - The Evolution Of A Predator (Wip)

I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread on this or run off my existing thread, so I decided to do the run lol

Recently I have started working on my armour revamp. Adding in bits and pieces or renewing older things etc. Only a little update for now though I have done some other bits already, I have lost the pictures so will retake them tomorrow for you guys.

I added in some lights to my backpack. I used some blue led christmas lights that I picked up in the pound shop. They have about 10 LED's on a string and run off a double AA battery pack with a on/off switch. I used to sets of these.

IMAG0562.jpg
IMAG0563.jpg
IMAG0566.jpg
And a picture with out flash

IMAG0565.jpg
Still more to come yet guys, will update again soon.

Thanks for looking

Hey, why aren't those lights green?

:p

I kid, it looks pretty good. I should have got some of those lights for myself really. Will keep watching for updates.

Another update as promised just to add images of my new paint up on the armour. I used shades of gold, metallic orange, black, light and dark silver. Its not completely finished as I want to mask a butterscotch colour over in patch areas to give it age and show different stages of rusting. Also added in some battle damage marks but thinking of adding blast marks at a later time. Before I forget, i used a various range of screws in this for extra details - they actually come in very handy.....

The feet

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

The lower armour

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

The Backpack and torso armour

DSCF1062.jpg

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

Close up on shoulder bell and bicep armour

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

Close up on chest

DSCF1063.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

And just a teaser, I started working on my own custom design gauntlets (you may have seen my cobra spring loaded gauntlet thread http://www.thehunter...w-blades-added/) but this is the bomb computer gauntlet

DSCF1054.jpg

Thanks for looking guys

Thanks man, really appreciated it. Still got a lil work to do on it (a lil weathering here and there) but then should be done and then an start on the canon.... again lol

Can't believe I missed this! Great work bro! Keep those updates coming! (y)

Oh yeah! That's a nice lookin cannon you got going there. Can't wait to see it finished!

Can't believe I missed this! Great work bro! Keep those updates coming! (y)

Oh yeah! That's a nice lookin cannon you got going there. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks man, thinking I might completely rework the canon use other materials. Your canon and build thread has inspired me lol

That is an incredible foam build, the paint up looks great. I really like the idea you have for the gauntlet and the addition of lights to the pack was a cool idea.

Loving it mine Is made of all metal taking me ages still at it now BUT once again your one does look great fav one seen so far :)

Loving it mine Is made of all metal taking me ages still at it now BUT once again your one does look great fav one seen so far :)
That is an incredible foam build, the paint up looks great. I really like the idea you have for the gauntlet and the addition of lights to the pack was a cool idea.

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

I have recently found my airbrush, compressor and leads (all in one place funny enough) so will be blowing the cob webs off and let it loose on my amour just to add in a lil more weathering in places to darken up the tones in shadowed areas and give it more of a metal look.

Still working on the gauntlet but its on hold for the mo, gotta finish my bio and pred head sculpt. Also waiting for my ELU tape wire to be delivered to finish of the bomb computer timer. On top of that, also still working on my spring loaded blade gauntlet.... fining out the tweaks and then gotta build the casing over it etc..... its all systems go lol

Please could someone give a rundown on how to actually do battle damage and rust on the armour? Looks great on this one

Please could someone give a rundown on how to actually do battle damage and rust on the armour? Looks great on this one

Thats is some amazing work there, I love all the extra detail you have put into your stuff and all of the extra touches to make it your own not just a copy. I would like to do some of the the same on mine and even use some of your ideas, this is an awsome thread.

Wow, multi spam ^^^^^

The battle damage on my arm was added using a soldering iron to make the scratch and bumps. The rustic paint up was added in layers built up over time. I started with a normal grey primer then sprayed an Aluminum gloss for a base coat. I then took note of a bio painted up thread (the author escapes me sorry) than said you can add damage/weathered look using sponges with BIG holes and small holes. So on that, I added a black layer over any area that would be in 'shadow' or laid back and then blend it out into the rest of the paint up using the same method but this time using lighter silver and darker silver.

That took me up to the point before I decided on a revamp. To add the rusty effect, I mixed up so metallic gold, silver, bright orange and black. Once again, I started with a darker rusty look and then blended out the lighter orange colour - all using various sponge sizes. After that, I then grabbed my airbrush and started adding in some plain metallic gold and silver. I also then decided to dark it up a lil more so started add in some light and dark greens (these images haven't been posted yet) and now I am going to add some browns in ......

Confusing I know, but once you start it will all sink in....

Thats is some amazing work there, I love all the extra detail you have put into your stuff and all of the extra touches to make it your own not just a copy. I would like to do some of the the same on mine and even use some of your ideas, this is an awsome thread.

Thanks bud, I want to make mine pred stand out from the other by making it unique to myself and the concept that I am going for. Hoping that to one day move away from the AVP style into a more P1/P2 style but that is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of myself. Thanks again!

Edit: Almost forgot, I have added the bomb computer gauntlet build to my other blade gauntlet thread as it made sense to do so lol heres the link http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/27027-cobra-spring-loaded-blade-and-bomb-gauntlet-13022012-bomb-gauntlet-pics-and-blade-base-paint-up-added/

We heard you the 1st 3 times. Please research the forum before mini jacking someones thread. and do try not to spam please.

Well, after a few problems and laptop issues, I am back with another lil update.

I was bought these 2 bios by family members over the xmas period and I was told that they were bought from ebay. I did mention to the various members of my family that if you were going to buy anything PRED related ask me to find something FS on the lair and I will tell you about it ....... guess what? No one listens to me lol

I ended up with an AVP scar bio - slug missing? I know weird and an incrediably small P2. I took some shoots to show you guys and I have also added the slug to the AVP bio using milliput (amazing stuff) the P2 is in the same condition I bought it lol I beleive that both maybe recasts but not sure, if anyone knows let me know

AVP

DSCF1238.jpg
DSCF1237.jpg
P2

DSCF1234.jpg
DSCF1235.jpg
Let me know what you think guys

Hey guys and gals,

I am back with a long awaited update, sorry it has taken so long. I have had alot going on and to top it off I had computer issues so was unable to log on but off that....

I have 99% completed the revamp. The cannon has now been painted and so has the blade gauntlet. I still need to added a light, black mask over areas of the both parts to act as weathering and dirty. I am also going to lightly mask over everything in a bronze/copper colour. This is what I have so far.

The cannon

IMAG0678.jpg
IMAG0679.jpg
Blade Gauntlet

IMAG0680.jpg
IMAG0681.jpg
I have also started a foot sculpt which I will be make a thread for once it looks a little more than an armature with macked out clay on it lol

Thanks for looking guys and gals

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back