The Evolution of a Predator Suit-From Start to Finish

Bump to show how much time and effort go into a suit from start to finish. The timeframe was over 12 months and well over $3000 later.

Simply Beautiful! I have to agree with many that the P1 is the best... Thanks for the timely bump... being a noob I just discovered it and greatly enjoyed the journey... patience is a virtue and it shows... excellent Fn work... All the P1s should decend on the Govenator! Ha Ha

Yeah..but have you put the suit on yet Jason?

hehe no George I haven't. I think I'm the only person to have a full size suit for display purposes only. Ya, ya I know I know...I should put it on one of these days, walk around, pose and have the wife take some pics, but I really don't have the desire. I'm like the only person who has a suit and hasn't worn it. Maybe one day I'll surprise ya'll...;)

I was in the process of selling this to another member (who has been very understanding in the matter) and due to some circumstances that were beyond my control, I was unable to sell the suit. I won't go into details, but I am grateful to Scott for being so understanding.

So, I had all the parts laid out and ready to pack into two large boxes...by the way - have you ever tried to find a box long enough to fix a mannequin? Not easy lol!
Img_4246.jpg

Img_4247.jpg

After I have it all laid out and find out I can't sell it, I'm thinking to myself, "why the hell haven't I even tried this on?" I've had it for 3 years and never even put the head on. So its like 12:30 in the morning on Saturday, I've had a few beers and I start putting the latex pants on. My wife comes down, sees me half suited-up and says, "what the hell?!" and starts laughing at me.

I'm stuck getting the torso on so she comes over and helps me get the whole thing on and God bless her, she stayed up till 1:00 taking pictures and helping me get it all off too!

The experience wasn't at all what I expected...its bloody HOT, extremely sweaty, and I have very limited vision and movement. I'm thinking to myself...who in their right mind would do this for long periods of time?! All I could think of were those videos of Bovine and Bryan and how exhausted they looked! I always had major respect for all of you crazy fuckers who get suited up...I have even more respect now that I've experienced it!!!

The eyes are small and don't line up as well as I'd like them to. Originally when I put the dreads on, I kept them long because I thot they looked cool that way. The downside to that: the head is constantly pulling back and is very heavy.

I've had the suit in my basement for three years and never worn it once. People always asked me: "When you putting on?" I originally bought it wanting a lifesize display-only Predator. What an experience. Since I can't sell it at the moment, I'm going to see if I can make an appearance at the local theater when Predators comes out. Thanks again to Scott for forgiving me for being unable to sell him my suit, and thank you to everyone who kept pestering me to wear this thing!

Now for some pics. Yes, I know the gaunts are ass-backwards and the countdown gaunt is flipped over too far. I totally forgot about the netting and I have to get full head to toe pics next time.

Img_4236.jpg

Img_4237.jpg

Img_4238.jpg

Img_4239.jpg

Img_4240.jpg

Img_4241.jpg

Img_4242.jpg

Img_4243.jpg

Img_4244.jpg

Img_4245.jpg

So glad you finally suited up Jay and it look's so f*cking cool mate! I'm sure you realise it's so much better on you than the mannequin.
Best feeling in the world being suited up and now even after a few beers and finally getting enough Dutch courage you finally done it!

Now you are a member of the few and proud...the ones who have suited up! Its a bitch aint it! I have said it time and time again...

When you describe the expierience of suiting up and they see the videos of us suited up, people think they have an idea of what it is like. But, until you accually suit up for the first time and you have all that gear on, thats when you truly realize what it is like to be in that thing. Heavy, hot, blind, deaf, and all the other descriptive words you can use to try and explain it accually have meaning after that ride.

I am stoked you finally suited up man! You look damn good in it too. Cheers man, well done!

Thanks for the comments everyone

Love your comment Scott: "Heavy, hot, blind, deaf" That about sums it up right there!

It was hard to breath in the mask because the only holes in that head are the eyes. I think I might cut a small hole in the mouth.

Couple questions for anyone that has an answer or suggestion:

1. How do you clean the sweat out of the latex after? Bryan said baby wipes and baby powder...I want to make sure this thing is cleaned in the best way possible to preserve the latex.

2. Any idea on how I can attach the netting to the legs? I just had the netting taped onto the mannequin when its on display, but if its worn how can I attach the netting to the latex?

3. What you you guys wear under the latex? Bryan says he uses a lycra suit. Are there alternatives?

I may cut a line down the back of the torso and behind the waist line on the legs just to make it fit a little bit better. Its a wee bit too small with mah bellay haha! Not that I have a huge gut, but the suit wasn't made specifically for someone my size. ;)

like bryan i use baby wipes and talc powder and i also use one of those nike tight lycra tops and boxers as they let your body breath which is important.

Oh man good luck my friend!
I know how that goes with that in the mail crap, i bought a 125$ dress and well after being told "its in the mail" for months i finally am disputing it with Paypal and she somehow has dissapeared for that... hopefully i get my money back.

BUT ANYWHOO looks like youve got a good collection started, and i wish you best of luck

I may cut a line down the back of the torso and behind the waist line on the legs just to make it fit a little bit better. Its a wee bit too small with mah bellay haha! Not that I have a huge gut, but the suit wasn't made specifically for someone my size.
I was going to ask you about that. I was going to try mine on and I knew I would have been stuck. It seems a shame to slice through the details like that though. It's not so bad if it's got a full back pack on I guess. Do you know of anyone cutting down the seam on the side? That may be even more obvious.

Don't do the side...cut the back since its covered by the backpack anyway. You'd see the seam on the side in all the pictures, whereas the back won't matter.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back