Does anyone make good Lambda Shuttle STL's?

I downloaded this next 3D designed picture in June of the scifi studio scale modelers Tyderium, which shows a more accurate engine :

273386846_4901819769885982_6246450915399819893_n.jpg

... RayLuis has their design been altered in the meantime?

That said I do agree ... the whole of the back is to high :

273424270_4901820136552612_6763243713553966954_n.jpg

Thanks to the fb link curiouslysophie posted ... I'm now following Robert James as well :)

Chaïm

I noticed, looking at that video I posted, that the area where the cockpit connects to the body, theres suppose to be an over hang, but in the pics/video of the studio model, there isn't an over hang and the back plate piece sticks up slightly to high for any type over over hang.
I'm not just curious about that. Thought maybe a piece is missing, as the model is over 40 years old now, but with the part sticking up to high, not sure how it would all go together. Maybe someone knows something more on that.

This is just the 3D render, but, as far as I could always tell from the model, everything here in the pink is one piece, or at least looks like it is.
onepiece.jpg

Heres a mix of the studio model from the video and scenes from the movie. (Except the bottom right. 3D model again)
The scenes from the movie match the 3D render. From the video above, that overhang is missing, but, the you can see how it doesn't look like anything could be added, as it wouldn't be one piece then.
I feel like the longer I look at this, the more confused I'm getting at whats going on.
shuttlecopy.jpg

Right before hitting post, I did notice this part. Since he said the wings have warped over time, I'm thinking maybe that back part also warped and popped out partly. Hard to tell, but its now driving me crazy to know for sure.
shuttlewarped.jpg

Right before hitting post, I did notice this part. Since he said the wings have warped over time, I'm thinking maybe that back part also warped and popped out partly. Hard to tell, but its now driving me crazy to know for sure.
Looking at the 2 side view pictures you supplied it looks like the whole cockpit with "neck" slid out (forward) at the top. You can see the neck is now at a downward angle and that greeblie inset plate that was under the "overhang" has popped up like you said. I just think the model is just showing it's age sadly.

Looking at the 2 side view pictures you supplied it looks like the whole cockpit with "neck" slid out (forward) at the top. You can see the neck is now at a downward angle and that greeblie inset plate that was under the "overhang" has popped up like you said. I just think the model is just showing it's age sadly.
I see what you mean. Like the whole head/cockpit piece has slide out around an inch or more.
I suppose it was just to dangerous to try and fix it beyond repair. I suppose Duncanator might know an answer.
I know theres only so much you can to do fix up such an old model like these.
But at least the models have survived all these years. A lot of the creatures, like Jabba have totally deteriorated away from what I've read.

I noticed, looking at that video I posted, that the area where the cockpit connects to the body, theres suppose to be an over hang, but in the pics/video of the studio model, there isn't an over hang and the back plate piece sticks up slightly to high for any type over over hang.
I'm not just curious about that. Thought maybe a piece is missing, as the model is over 40 years old now, but with the part sticking up to high, not sure how it would all go together. Maybe someone knows something more on that.

This is just the 3D render, but, as far as I could always tell from the model, everything here in the pink is one piece, or at least looks like it is.
View attachment 1747538

Heres a mix of the studio model from the video and scenes from the movie. (Except the bottom right. 3D model again)
The scenes from the movie match the 3D render. From the video above, that overhang is missing, but, the you can see how it doesn't look like anything could be added, as it wouldn't be one piece then.
I feel like the longer I look at this, the more confused I'm getting at whats going on.
View attachment 1747539

View attachment 1747540
Great observations. I agree, I think the neck got pulled lose and it's at a slight downward angle now which also pulled the back neck wall forward, eliminating the overhang. In reality, the neck should be flat and horizontal. See my crude drawing here. I concur, it's just showing it is age here in the video u posted :(

shuttlecopy_1_1.jpg

Thats what it looks like, which I didn't notice at first.
Now both pics are not quite taken from the same angle, but close. The mode shot is a tad higher and a little to the left compared to the movie shot. But still, there does seem to be a noticeable gap.
I wonder if the whole cockpit actually fell off/out, and that was the best fix for it?
Its probably going to get to the point where all these models just can't go out on tour anymore. So they'll have to either stay permanently in the Lucasfilm archives, or, at the very least, find a permanent museum to stay at on display.
Wasn't George working on a kind of museum a few years ago?
Never found out if it got finished.....gonna go look now.

Edit: So they started planning in 2014. (I knew it was a while ago.) Its set to finally open sometime in 2025. Quite a long time.
So really, that would probably be a pretty appropriate place for all the models to be on a permanent display someday, even if there are no plans as of now.
Some of these models are creeping up on 50 years old. By 100 years old, they hopefully will be preserved.

Last edited:
This was always a cool ship very majestic the whole operation of the ship wings raising and lowering for flight even the concept ship was used in the series on the Disney plus that one is cool as well can't wait to see where this goes

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back