Does anyone make good Lambda Shuttle STL's?

Ah, now I see it. I can live with some small details wrong, but the shape is one I wouldn't be able to.

Looking at that overlay I think it might just be easier to design a new one from scratch. I think it would turn out better and be more accurate, plus I could add better interior parts than the Gambody one. Got me thinking now!
You just have to do what you know will make you the most happy with the outcome.
I think most everyone here will tell you that they start a project that seems like it shouldn't be to hard....and then doing so much to it, that most is changed by the end, but they always turn out so great.
My MPC Falcon I'm working on. Was just going to do a quick repainting...and here nearly 4 months later still adding stuff to it. Mostly finally working on the weathering now, but its turning out far better than I could have ever expected.

You just have to do what you know will make you the most happy with the outcome.
I think most everyone here will tell you that they start a project that seems like it shouldn't be to hard....and then doing so much to it, that most is changed by the end, but they always turn out so great.
My MPC Falcon I'm working on. Was just going to do a quick repainting...and here nearly 4 months later still adding stuff to it. Mostly finally working on the weathering now, but its turning out far better than I could have ever expected.
I totally agree. I’m a fiend for both accuracy and super detail, especially in historical modelling and that came over to sci-fi.
I know the feeling, I don’t think I’ve ever done a ‘quick’ project. I started doing a 3D printed Y-Wing and that has gone on for months and now turned into a Rebel Starfighter collection. My Star Destroyer is taking forever too!

I am currently working on designing some custom chassis’s to fit into LGT lightsabers, and in the early stages of cad work for an Arquitens Cruiser.

I will get to designing the Shuttle from scratch at some point, though by the time I’m done they’ll probably be a better kit out there

I totally agree. I’m a fiend for both accuracy and super detail, especially in historical modelling and that came over to sci-fi.
I know the feeling, I don’t think I’ve ever done a ‘quick’ project. I started doing a 3D printed Y-Wing and that has gone on for months and now turned into a Rebel Starfighter collection. My Star Destroyer is taking forever too!

I am currently working on designing some custom chassis’s to fit into LGT lightsabers, and in the early stages of cad work for an Arquitens Cruiser.

I will get to designing the Shuttle from scratch at some point, though by the time I’m done they’ll probably be a better kit out there
I usually like more detailed type stuff as well. Like all the lego kits are cool, but not accurate enough.
And you sound like all of us here, working on 37 projects and once and taking forever to finish....lol.

This star destroyer took me 20 years to officially finish. I started in 1995 when I was in 7th grade and only had like 2 pictures and the VHS tapes to go by, so not the most accurate, but I really poured a lot of love into the thing.
20230613_000804.jpg

I usually like more detailed type stuff as well. Like all the lego kits are cool, but not accurate enough.
And you sound like all of us here, working on 37 projects and once and taking forever to finish....lol.

This star destroyer took me 20 years to officially finish. I started in 1995 when I was in 7th grade and only had like 2 pictures and the VHS tapes to go by, so not the most accurate, but I really poured a lot of love into the thing.
View attachment 1710017
Yeah, I’ve got friends who love the Lego sets, but I’m the same and want accuracy.
Oh, I really am! Too many projects on the go and the stash just keeps getting bigger!

Nice job on the star destroyer! I also remember the days of building from limited reference, though I mostly did WWII subjects back then. Sci-Fi is new for me.
I’m doing the revell Star destroyer and I’m slowly doing all the fibre optics.

Yeah, I’ve got friends who love the Lego sets, but I’m the same and want accuracy.
Oh, I really am! Too many projects on the go and the stash just keeps getting bigger!

Nice job on the star destroyer! I also remember the days of building from limited reference, though I mostly did WWII subjects back then. Sci-Fi is new for me.
I’m doing the revell Star destroyer and I’m slowly doing all the fibre optics.
hi sophie
her is what i know about accurat shuttle files out there and it is not very much because as far as i know
there are no good files out there right now...the scifi studio scale modelers kit will not come as stl files but
i am only 99% sure about that. i know 2 of the guys from scifi studio scale modelers and i will send them
a pm and ask about it. gambody and bigbangcollectables are out of the race (way to inaccurat). but there is a other
option. robert james from robert james models is working on one as well. He told me that he is building 2 different versions. the first one looks pretty much like the 1:1 filming model (mpc molded their kit from that) . I saw that these files are ready. the second version he will replicat as close as he can from the other studio scale model (the miniature) and that is the one you are looking for.he is working on these files at the moment as far as I know....i will ask at both options and find out what the status is....

hi sophie
her is what i know about accurat shuttle files out there and it is not very much because as far as i know
there are no good files out there right now...the scifi studio scale modelers kit will not come as stl files but
i am only 99% sure about that. i know 2 of the guys from scifi studio scale modelers and i will send them
a pm and ask about it. gambody and bigbangcollectables are out of the race (way to inaccurat). but there is a other
option. robert james from robert james models is working on one as well. He told me that he is building 2 different versions. the first one looks pretty much like the 1:1 filming model (mpc molded their kit from that) . I saw that these files are ready. the second version he will replicat as close as he can from the other studio scale model (the miniature) and that is the one you are looking for.he is working on these files at the moment as far as I know....i will ask at both options and find out what the status is....

Thank you for letting me know! I just looked at his work on cults3D. His Phoenix is really good! I’m definitely going to speak to him about the shuttle. If he is doing a good one, it would free me to work on other projects.

This to me looks like the best STL, but I can't tell all the angles due to the photos shown. Still light years better than most shuttle STL's out there

This to me looks like the best STL, but I can't tell all the angles due to the photos shown. Still light years better than most shuttle STL's out there

yeah this model looks pretty good but it is just a PRB 3d model and not a printable 3d model. These 3D models are intended to be incorporated into video games or similar. unfortunately mostly unsuitable for printing.

Thank you for letting me know! I just looked at his work on cults3D. His Phoenix is really good! I’m definitely going to speak to him about the shuttle. If he is doing a good one, it would free me to work on other projects.
hi sophie, I haven't heard back from the "scifi studio scale modelers" yet, but I'm pretty sure that no stl file version is offered.Robert James has already contacted me and confirmed that he is working on the second version of the shuttle. It will probably take a few weeks until he's finished with it. Robert James usually works pretty quickly. I think it's easiest if you write him a message on FB in a few weeks and ask about the status. And yes, the models I know from him are actually all very good

cheers

He is doing two versions Sophie one based on the old MPC shuttle kit and then he's going to be doing a more accurate one based on the filming model Hopefully he releases both versions on the same STL.

Thanks for the heads up, but as said below it would need extensive reworking to be made printable, which is a royal pain without the master files.

hi sophie, I haven't heard back from the "scifi studio scale modelers" yet, but I'm pretty sure that no stl file version is offered.Robert James has already contacted me and confirmed that he is working on the second version of the shuttle. It will probably take a few weeks until he's finished with it. Robert James usually works pretty quickly. I think it's easiest if you write him a message on FB in a few weeks and ask about the status. And yes, the models I know from him are actually all very good

cheers
I looked at his fb page and he has the MPC one finished it seems and is working on the screen accurate one. I'm going to wait for that one, and in the mean time build his Pheonix! I've always wanted a model of the first warp ship!

He is doing two versions Sophie one based on the old MPC shuttle kit and then he's going to be doing a more accurate one based on the filming model Hopefully he releases both versions on the same STL.
Hopefully so! Definitel going to wait for the accurate one! Saves me having to build it up from scratch!

Thanks for the heads up, but as said below it would need extensive reworking to be made printable, which is a royal pain without the master files.

I looked at his fb page and he has the MPC one finished it seems and is working on the screen accurate one. I'm going to wait for that one, and in the mean time build his Pheonix! I've always wanted a model of the first warp ship!

Hopefully so! Definitel going to wait for the accurate one! Saves me having to build it up from scratch!
here is what "maxx replica"(scifi studio scale modelers) wrote to me:
Maybe something will come as STL files, but I can't promise that. We have rebuilt the 3D model so that it can now also be presented in flight and landing mode. I received a first test print of it at the beginning of the month, which I have to build first to see if everything fits. Our “first” shuttle model had no landing gear and no boarding ramp. We have now adjusted that and also other details. So please be patient a little...

here is what "maxx replica"(scifi studio scale modelers) wrote to me:
Maybe something will come as STL files, but I can't promise that. We have rebuilt the 3D model so that it can now also be presented in flight and landing mode. I received a first test print of it at the beginning of the month, which I have to build first to see if everything fits. Our “first” shuttle model had no landing gear and no boarding ramp. We have now adjusted that and also other details. So please be patient a little...
For the amount of money that they will be asking for that model Studio scale modelers, You would think they would get a simple detail like the rear engine distancing correct there are plenty of photos out there of the actual filming model for reference here you can see it for yourself.

Attachments

• 20230826_161609.jpg
    20230826_161609.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
  • Shuttle 9.jpg
    Shuttle 9.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 65
I'm no expert, but the back portion silhouette looks too tall to my eye when compared to the original. I don't believe it's the angle either, maybe someone else can chime in their thoughts.

Also the gap between the engine slots is vastly different as well. Yikes

InCollage_20230925_070636302_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but th back portion silhouette looks too tall to my eye when compared to the original. I don't believe it's the angle either, maybe someone else can chime in their thoughts.

Also the gap between the engine slots is vastly different as well. Yikes

View attachment 1743167
Good catch the overhead greeblie that's hanging from the ceiling wall on the studio scale modelers version is also too long compared to the original Which sets the depth of that area further back.

Good catch the overhead greeblie that's hanging from the ceiling wall on the studio scale modelers version is also too long compared to the original Which sets the depth of that area further back.
Yup, 100% agreed. I can't speak for the rest of their kit, but it seems like from that photo, that it also suffers from the same incorrect proportions the MPC kit had in regards to the cargo body area being too tall. Whereas the studio model cargo area is lower, streamlined, not as tall and a bit wider.

Those engine slots need to completely reworked too imo

This is Merlin Model's shuttle, which also suffers from the same engine spacing Rayluis's pics showed above.

If you look at the YouTube comments in the link above, others have commented (including myself) on the spacing of the engines being incorrect vs the studio model and they attributed it to camera angles etc.

What a bummer

Last edited:
This is Merlin Model's shuttle, which also suffers from the same engine spacing Rayluis's pics showed above.

If you look at the YouTube comments in the link above, others have commented (including myself) on the spacing of the engines being incorrect vs the studio model and they attributed it to camera angles etc.

What a bummer
Yeah, especially for the price that's being charged! Check out this guy; Robert James Models | Facebook

He's working on an accurate one. He's just done the MPC one and is accurising from there. He has some excellent files!

Yeah, especially for the price that's being charged! Check out this guy; Robert James Models | Facebook

He's working on an accurate one. He's just done the MPC one and is accurising from there. He has some excellent files!
The thing with the Merlin model is you're going to pay probably somewhere around $1,200 to $1,500 and It won't be as accurate as they are claiming it will be. With Rob's files he might be a lot closer and you're only out of pocket for $50 maybe for the STL file.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back