Doctor Who: Good ideas for the shirts 11 wears in Season 6?

Im looking for a shirt similiar to either of the shirts that 11 wears in season 6. Not counting the blue one since i have it but its pretty basic... I see some good fabrics on Itailor that look pretty similiar to the striped shirt that he wears but cant decide between them. Any other ideas?

The closest to the striped shirt that iTailor has is number 225-A06-159 on p10. They don't really have a good match for the checked tattersall shirt - try ModernTailor.com instead.

Modern Tailor has a check fabric that is SOOOOO close to the real thing, it almost pains me to say it's not completely exact! It's like getting to the last stage of a video game only to lose power in your house...(that's happened to me before).
If you have some money to spend, go to Steve Ricks for his S6 "Utah" shirt replica (I currently have one on order from him)
The blue shirt is not quite as simple as it looks. It should have a "basket weave" pale blue fabric, with mytered cuffs and a british tabbed colar.

The closest to the striped shirt that iTailor has is number 225-A06-159 on p10. They don't really have a good match for the checked tattersall shirt - try ModernTailor.com instead.
I saw that one and but i wasnt sure if the striped shirt that 11 wears is more of a purple or a blue? Because the fabric on page 10, 225-A06-161 is pretty close too... Steve Ricks siad on his blog that he used the 161 but i havent seen any pictures of it and its killing me that i dont know what it would look like..

Modern Tailor has a check fabric that is SOOOOO close to the real thing, it almost pains me to say it's not completely exact! It's like getting to the last stage of a video game only to lose power in your house...(that's happened to me before).
If you have some money to spend, go to Steve Ricks for his S6 "Utah" shirt replica (I currently have one on order from him)
The blue shirt is not quite as simple as it looks. It should have a "basket weave" pale blue fabric, with mytered cuffs and a british tabbed colar.
I would almost buy the checkered fabric just because it's as close as i would get. Sadly though, anything i get from Steve Ricks would take at least half the year for me to save up that kind of money ):

I saw that one and but i wasnt sure if the striped shirt that 11 wears is more of a purple or a blue? Because the fabric on page 10, 225-A06-161 is pretty close too... Steve Ricks siad on his blog that he used the 161 but i havent seen any pictures of it and its killing me that i dont know what it would look like..
Seriously though, has anyone bought a shirt from itailor with the 225-A06-161 fabric yet? Really be helpful to know what it looks like..

I'm waiting to hear back from Moderntailor.com to see if they can get us the correct or VERY close check fabric. Since Smith wears the check shirt more often than the others, I would say it's the standard shirt, much like the burgundy bowtie is the standard.

Seriously though, has anyone bought a shirt from itailor with the 225-A06-161 fabric yet? Really be helpful to know what it looks like..
10133332_85f639dd5b.jpg
Here is a picture courtsey of E-Wan, with the i-Tailor option.

Close but the checks are the wrong color. They should be brighter blues and browns and the fabric itself more off white.

On another moderntailor note, i just ordered a Blue Oxford shirt from Modertailor.com, i'll be sure to get some pictures when i recieve it.

On another moderntailor note, i just ordered a Blue Oxford shirt from Modertailor.com, i'll be sure to get some pictures when i recieve it.

The Blue Oxford shirt is the wrong type and is nothing like the material of the actual shirt in the show. The shirt in the show has more of a basket weave to it. I am afraid you have ordered a shirt far from the look of the one used.

Although it needs the distinct tab collar, the main reason i bought the shirt from ModernTailor was to try out the tab collar, and since it was only 20 dollars for the fabric, that still looks quite "Who-ey" i though i might as well get two for one.

From the real life pics I've seen, the color is too azure blue and it lacks the distinctive tab collar. A good find, not not perfect.

HaroldVonBraun, I started out with the blue oxford from Modertailor too! It's a great way to check on sizing before ordering a more expensive and more accurate fabric. Moderntailor has some excellent blue pinpoints that will work well for this shirt and you can get it custom tailored with the tab collar for the screen accurate look!

On an even differenter note, i'll be going to New York next week, where i'll be going to some flea markets, salvation army stores along with some of the big outlet centres, and i'll be looking around for Doctor who related items, i already printed out about 5 sheets of A4 with collages of various Fifth doctor related items :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back