Django Unchained (Post-release)

I found that sort of a turnoff as well.

As it is it won't do a thing. But picture if it were replaced with "black". We'd have a global crisis on our hands.

Nah. It's a fictional character. It isn't Fox saying it, it isn't the director or the writer or the producer saying it. It's the character of a former abused slave feeling understandably a bit bitter about his former situation. If that's what his character is in the film (or in part of it, if he has an arc), then why not show us? Isn't that what trailers are supposed to do?

yea, maybe its just me, but it seems perfectly understandable for a slave that just gets freed to bge a little bitter towards the very people who enslaved him.

I have to agree. Fox's comments really put me off. Was not a fan of his before, now even more so.

I'm in the same boat. He has made me avoid pretty much everything he is in.

I wasn't planning to see the next Spider-Man movie in theatres, and his addition to the cast sealed that one for me as well.

2 hours and 45 minutes? wow, i wasnt expecting it to be that long, i went to go see it tonight before the big glizzard hits tomorrow, and found the movie theater PACKED, with a line out the door, me and the girlfriend had never been to a movie on christmas day, so we had no idea to expect it to be so packed. we wouldnt have had time to find seats/get tickets and drinks, so we just came back home... oh well theres always this weekend.

Just got back from seeing it. Loved it. QT knocked another one out of the park for me. So many great performances. I'd be shocked if there aren't multiple Oscar nominations for this film.

It's already up for 5 Golden Globes.

That scene with Leo at the dinner table was real. Don't want to give too much away so if I can figure out the spoiler tags I will use em

Such a great film. The movie had great dialogue and there were so many times where I was killing myself laughing. I had also forgotten how much QT likes his violence.

I was in tears during the part with Don Johnson where everyone is arguing about the masks. Just Hilarious.

Did anyone else notice that Tom Savini, Zoe Bell, and Robert Carradine were part of Candies Tracker guys? As soon as I saw her eyes, I knew if was Zoe Bell :p

I have to agree. Fox's comments really put me off. Was not a fan of his before, now even more so.

The last time I could put up with him was back when he was on In Living Color with the Wayne's brothers and i think that was only because of their writing.

I'm not sure but some people were talking about some commentary he made turning them off the movie.

If it was indeed the SNL commentary, people need to lighten the hell up.

I find it amusing that Spike Lee of all people has an issue with this movie given the trash he made his career on. SNL might as well be racist, it hasn't been funny in 20 years.

The scene where Dicaprio cuts his hand is real. When he wipes it on Kerry's face it is real, it was AWESOME to watch in real life!

Pat

Last edited:
I want to see it but I honestly can't stand Jamie Foxx. He is so cocky and arrogant in his interviews that its distracting. Besides I don't think he is that great of an actor.

Hmmm... think I'll pass and rewatch the original: Blazing Saddles...

I saw the movie as a free screening 2 weeks before the release. There are quite a few scenes that reminded me of Blazing Saddles. Seems I'm not the only one. Several reviews have mentioned it, too.

I am interested in seeing the original "Django" to see how much if anything QT took form it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back