tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Each D9 Weapon has it's own thread...
Assault Rifle
- Unlimited Run - District 9 Assault Rifle Kit
SMG - Unlimited Run - District 9 Submachine Gun Kit
Exo Suit Rifle - Unlimited Run - District 9 Exo Suit Rifle Kit

On offer here we have a full scale 3D printed kit of the Sonic Wave Gun from District 9.

Pe2vovp.jpg

A lot of time has been spent on the design to give you the most accurate kit available. The kit has cavities for electronics, tunnels (for adding rods for strength), a working trigger with switch and also the hose needed to complete the prop. Huge thanks to @asavage who gave input into the design, ensuring screen accuracy and functionality.

a7tjwCD.jpg

Here's a finished one...

wystdDA.jpg

mYjUWx6.jpg

ATqFIGf.jpg

amzRIsJ.jpg

Gdq4xrJ.jpg

Price is as follows...

Sonic Wave Gun Kit - $330
Shipping - $60/kit (worldwide)
Total - $390 USD

Send payment to my paypal account - tarrymortlock@gmail.com

Please ensure payments are in USD. Don't forget to include your RPF name, your address and your phone number in the Paypal details (don't PM me your address), then post in this run that you have paid and I will update the list below. Again, kit's will be sent out in the same order of payments received. Shipping is $70 per kit. If 2 kits are ordered, they will both ship together for $70. Wait time will depend on where you sit on the list, but these are large prints, so please be patient with us.

As with our other District 9 kits @Soulinertia has offered to do a run of vinyl stickers! Those who have purchased from @Soulinertia know just how talented he is and the excellence of his work. Super stoked to have him on board!

Thanks guys! Hope you enjoy these awesome guns.
Cheers,
T.

Last edited:
Re: District 9 Sonic Wave Gun Kit - Limited Run Open!

As requested in our other runs I've done a video tutorial on 3D kits. Pretty basic stuff, but if you're new to building 3D kits you may find these helpful. These videos will focus on the SMG kit, but as I point out, the same principles will apply to any of our 3D printed kits. Please excuse the cheesiness... shot and edited on the iphone. :facepalm

TMAX PROPS - Introduction
First up is a bit about me, my thoughts on build threads and some info on the SMG kit.

Part 1: Prep Work
In this vid we will address kit assembly and surface preparation.

Part 2: Paint, Weathering, Decals & Finishing
In this video we tackle painting, weathering, decal application & finishing

Last edited by a moderator:
Final tutorial vid finally done! Thanks for your patience. :$

Part 2: Paint, Weathering, Decals & Finishing
In this video we tackle painting, weathering, decal application & finishing

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic work Tmax! Looks just like the images in the weta art book, you photographed this really nicely. Is the arm rest padding just black eva foam?

Fantastic work Tmax! Looks just like the images in the weta art book, you photographed this really nicely. Is the arm rest padding just black eva foam?
Thanks mate. Yeah I just used eva foam for the armrest.

The pics came out well, although you may notice the paint app is a little different from the Weta artwork. Noticeably the black section on top and the black lower tube mounting blocks. This is because the screen used prop has a different paint app then the one in the art book...

noXfvcO.png

PHGec20.jpg

wystdDA.jpg

Also, as with the other D9 guns in the Artbook, the "right side" of the gun is actually just the left side inverted. So you don't actually see the real right side of the gun in the Artbook. I had to hand-cut decals for the right side, using screen grabs for reference.

Ha ha a little late to the game. Lol.

So these were designed and printed by a guy I was working with based in Croatia. We had a great working relationship for some time and produced a lot of kits. Then he got married, bought a house, had kids, etc, so orders got more and more delayed. It got to the point where working with him was no longer feasible. Since then my 18-year-old son has taught himself Blender and his redesigned some of the props we created. The first being the Angel of Verdun sword from Edge of Tomorrow. He is currently finishing off and printing the Pilot for the District 9 AR, which we will make available soon. He will then do the District 9 SMG as it was very popular. As for the sonic wave gun, we only ever sold three kits I believe, two of which were for Adam Savage who helped on the design of these kits. So I’m not sure we will go to all the effort of re-designing these ones as there just wasn’t the demand.

Cheers,
T

Man, I remember all these kits being SOOOOO cool.

Sad to hear they aren't being made anymore. I'd love to own them all but I really don't have the time or skills to assemble and paint.

What terrific designs...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back