Disney + | She-Hulk

The onus of responsibility to deliver a good product is on the one selling the product, not the one purchasing it. The CGI may be a work in progress and may vastly improve as the show nears release (as is standard practice for a lot of movies and shows now) but I think it's foolish for consumers to not have thoughts on what is being shown to them. If they simply aren't ready to meet a deadline because the quality of the product isn't up to snuff, then move the deadline. That's not the consumer's problem. That's their problem.

Maybe the effects industry needs an overhaul and there are shortages in staff, but there are shortages in every industry right now, and yet the consumer still expects results. The demand isn't going to disappear, but I think it's reasonable that the film industry take the same feedback as any other. I fail to see why they get to be exempt from it. Films are made as a means to collect expendable income. They are a service industry. If the service sucks, the consumer has the right to speak their mind. Stop making excuses for bad decisions on their part.

If I sell a bad product or my service sucks, the only one I can blame is myself, so I try and hold to a higher standard. Sadly not everyone feels that way.
I commented negativity on a trailer that's sole purpose is to SELL me on the show. Apparently, that's a no-no. You'd think I insulted somebody's mother. Faak, lighten up, guys lol.

Last edited:
I also immediately thought of Shrek. They really need to fix the CGI. It looks awful. In all honesty, is it lucky that we get all these shows and movies? Or are the studios lucky if they get our money to watch these things? I think we've forgotten who really has the power here.
They are on a TV budget and timetable , I understand. You do what you can and move on, because $$ and time reasons.
But my brother informed me way back, that projects don't always get handed to the CGI "A-team" even at well known visual effects houses.

Last edited:
I commented negativity on a trailer that's sole purpose is to SELL me on the show. Apparently, that's a no-no. You'd think I insulted somebody's mother. Faak, lighten up, guys lol.

You didn’t insult my mother…but speaking for me, personally, the fact that you didn’t react positively to the trailer wounded my inner child and made me question my own otherwise unquestioning love of the content. We can’t have that.

For those reasons, you must reevaluate your taste, disregard your experience, deny your senses, and ignore your overall subjective evaluation of the content.

I tend to follow the maxim that all opinions are wrong, unless they are my own, of course.

Last edited:
You didn’t insult my mother…but speaking for me, personally, the fact that you didn’t react positively to the trailer wounded my inner child and made me question my own otherwise unquestioning love of the content. We can’t have that.

For those reasons, you must reevaluate your taste, disregard your experience, deny your senses, and ignore your overall subjective evaluation of the content.

I tend to follow the maxim that all opinions are wrong, unless they are my own, of course.
I've reevaluated my position and I now find the She-Hulk trailer to be...

giphy-5.gif

Is it weird that the first super that came to my mind was Bruce Wayne/Batman in the DC universe?
I think it's safe to say the line from the She Hulk trailer references all comic book superheroes, not just the ones that exist "in universe." It would make more sense if she was referring to fictional superheroes' origin stories rather than the likes of Matt Murdock, as she would be less likely to know which of the "real" heroes (real to her in the MCU, that is) were orphaned. I believe the DC comic heroes have been referenced in the MCU, existing only in comics and works of fiction. I'd guess she's drawing on that as much as any "real" orphaned heroes she may know about. Plus, the writers are likley addressing us as viewers, who know of orphaned superheroes in all comics, not just Marvel - Superman, Batman, Robin, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, etc.

I also had some issues with the "uncanny valley" of the CG, but I'm more worried about the over-sexualization of the character than the look. It seems like there's some parallels to the failed Wonder Woman TV series created by Ally McBeal's David E. Kelley, starring Adrianne Palicki. Maybe She Hulk is supposed to be a "women's empowerment" sort of story, but it seemed a little superficial from the trailer. Guess we'll have to wait a few months to find out.

Disney has yet to mishandle a character, in my judgement, so I’m pretty pumped for this.

For those who are whining about the CGI, let me say that I actually prefer CGI that is a little “amateurish”, or “muddy”; otherwise, if it looked too good, I might forget that I’m watching a TV show and begin thinking that there really is an 8 foot tall, gamma-radiated creature out there—which is terrifying. I had that reaction to Jurassic Park…the CGI was too good and I ended up locked in my house for weeks, terrified that there might be dinosaurs outside. Give me CGI that looks like it was made for a direct to video movie in 2004, all day long, I say.

And I am also all for what some are calling “heavy-handed humor”. Subtlety and nuance in comedy too often goes over my head.

Last edited:
Disney has yet to mishandle a character, in my judgement, so I’m pretty pumped for this.

For those who are whining about the CGI, let me say that I actually prefer CGI that is a little “amateurish”, or “muddy”; otherwise, if it looked too good, I might forget that I’m watching a TV show and begin thinking that there really is an 8 foot tall, gamma radiated creature out there, which is terrifying. I had that reaction to Jurassic Park…the CGI was too good and I ended up locked in my house for weeks, terrified that there might be dinosaurs outside. Give me CGI that looks like it was made for a direct to video movie in 2004, all day long, I say.

And I am also all for what some are calling “heavy-handed humor”. Subtlety and nuance in comedy too often goes over my head.
Respectfully, that sounds silly to me.
“Give me inferior effects so I don’t get too scared!”
I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone else besides you that would say that. If you were too scared to go outside for weeks for fear of real dinosaurs, perhaps your parents used poor judgement in letting you see JP and you were not mature enough to handle it. They should know their child better.
Again, I’m not trying to be insulting or trying to intentionally be disrespectful. I just think requesting for bad CGI so you don’t get too scared is a bit silly. I think most of us agree with what films cost today and the cost of tickets, I DEMAND the highest quality of realism as possible. I WANT to believe it.

Respectfully, that sounds silly to me.
“Give me inferior effects so I don’t get too scared!”
I think you’d be hard pressed to find anyone else besides you that would say that. If you were too scared to go outside for weeks for fear of real dinosaurs, perhaps your parents used poor judgement in letting you see JP and you were not mature enough to handle it. They should know their child better.
Again, I’m not trying to be insulting or trying to intentionally be disrespectful. I just think requesting for bad CGI so you don’t get too scared is a bit silly. I think most of us agree with what films cost today and the cost of tickets, I DEMAND the highest quality of realism as possible. I WANT to believe it.

My friend, I would only be upset if anything that I wrote were true.

;)

Last edited:
The onus of responsibility to deliver a good product is on the one selling the product, not the one purchasing it. The CGI may be a work in progress and may vastly improve as the show nears release (as is standard practice for a lot of movies and shows now) but I think it's foolish for consumers to not have thoughts on what is being shown to them. If they simply aren't ready to meet a deadline because the quality of the product isn't up to snuff, then move the deadline. That's not the consumer's problem. That's their problem.

Maybe the effects industry needs an overhaul and there are shortages in staff, but there are shortages in every industry right now, and yet the consumer still expects results. The demand isn't going to disappear, but I think it's reasonable that the film industry take the same feedback as any other. I fail to see why they get to be exempt from it. Films are made as a means to collect expendable income. They are a service industry. If the service sucks, the consumer has the right to speak their mind. Stop making excuses for bad decisions on their part.

If I sell a bad product or my service sucks, the only one I can blame is myself, so I try and hold to a higher standard. Sadly not everyone feels that way.
This thread reminds me of this skit:

I had to get a standing desk cuz of MASSIVE ROIDS caused by sitting at a desk 60 hours a week.

Sure my job is only 40 hours a week editing a preschool show, but I took that easy 40 hour week so I can do freelance on my own stuff for the other hours to irk out enough to live in the city so I'm close to work.

They're working on this show and Kenobi down the street... and I didn't want to work on THOSE cuz it seemed it would be even harder hours.

I dunno why I chose to complain today... I guess reading this thread I'm like "welp, at least they're not complaining about the CG in a show I'm on and working to death to get out on time"

Last edited:

For those who are whining about the CGI, let me say that I actually prefer CGI that is a little “amateurish”, or “muddy”; otherwise, if it looked too good, I might forget that I’m watching a TV show and begin thinking that there really is an 8 foot tall, gamma-radiated creature out there—which is terrifying. I had that reaction to Jurassic Park…the CGI was too good and I ended up locked in my house for weeks, terrified that there might be dinosaurs outside. Give me CGI that looks like it was made for a direct to video movie in 2004, all day long, I say.

My cousin has read many, many self help books. If you’d like to speak with him, he could schedule a session with you.

I just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.
I have to admit I was a little cautious with this series, and that is the only time I have ever said that about anything Marvel. My main concern was the breaking of the fourth wall, it's why I can't stand Deadpool...well that and Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds! :rolleyes:

But thankfully the fourth wall breaks were so minimal and everything else was played straight that it was barely noticeable, I think it only happened twice.
It was also great to have Bruce and Smart Hulk in the series too.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.

For those concerned about the CGI, in the episode Jen's CGI is on a par with Bruce's.
I think the difference is men have slightly more noticeable pores in their skin and this tends to help give that realistic look to a CG human, not to mention Bruce is older and has a few more wrinkles as well as stubble which are all elements that go towards helping identify visual cues that we are all trained to do from birth.
Women's skin is smoother and pores are generally less noticeable, also Jen is about 20 years younger so those bemoaning the skin looking too "plastic" or whatever the whining was, are likely actually annoyed that the artists have rendered the skin too realisically for a woman in her 20s and in essence are actually complaining they've done too good a job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back