Disney + | She-Hulk

The onus of responsibility to deliver a good product is on the one selling the product, not the one purchasing it. The CGI may be a work in progress and may vastly improve as the show nears release (as is standard practice for a lot of movies and shows now) but I think it's foolish for consumers to not have thoughts on what is being shown to them. If they simply aren't ready to meet a deadline because the quality of the product isn't up to snuff, then move the deadline. That's not the consumer's problem. That's their problem.

Maybe the effects industry needs an overhaul and there are shortages in staff, but there are shortages in every industry right now, and yet the consumer still expects results. The demand isn't going to disappear, but I think it's reasonable that the film industry take the same feedback as any other. I fail to see why they get to be exempt from it. Films are made as a means to collect expendable income. They are a service industry. If the service sucks, the consumer has the right to speak their mind. Stop making excuses for bad decisions on their part.

If I sell a bad product or my service sucks, the only one I can blame is myself, so I try and hold to a higher standard. Sadly not everyone feels that way.
I don't think that the effects industry needs an overhaul when it's the studios that are setting unrealistic deadlines. There are only so many hours in a day and the artists can only do so much. Creating digital effects isn't as easy as pressing a few buttons or typing in a few commands, there's a lot of hands-on work that goes into creating these effects, just like it did back before digital effects became a thing. In addition to the hands-on work that's involved there are also render times involved; render times for the 3D work, and render times for the compositing onto the live action plates. All that is largely out of the control of the effects houses because their computers can only render frames so fast and when you consider that it's 24 - 32 frames a second, even 1 second of footage means a lot of frames to render. Even an effects house upgrades their render farms to most bleeding edge components, they can still only render things so fast and about the only way to speed the renders up is to lower the quality. This means few polygons in the models, and fewer elements to make the 3D models blend properly into the live action plates.

I don't think that the effects industry needs an overhaul when it's the studios that are setting unrealistic deadlines. There are only so many hours in a day and the artists can only do so much. Creating digital effects isn't as easy as pressing a few buttons or typing in a few commands, there's a lot of hands-on work that goes into creating these effects, just like it did back before digital effects became a thing. In addition to the hands-on work that's involved there are also render times involved; render times for the 3D work, and render times for the compositing onto the live action plates. All that is largely out of the control of the effects houses because their computers can only render frames so fast and when you consider that it's 24 - 32 frames a second, even 1 second of footage means a lot of frames to render. Even an effects house upgrades their render farms to most bleeding edge components, they can still only render things so fast and about the only way to speed the renders up is to lower the quality. This means few polygons in the models, and fewer elements to make the 3D models blend properly into the live action plates.

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. When I was talking about moving the deadline, I was talking about the studio heads moving the release date of their show or movie if the work isn't up to snuff, not the effects department. Obviously they, like every department working on a movie is only as good as the time, resources, and money afforded to them. I still think the point stands that Hollywood shouldn't be exempt from criticism and when you work in a service industry, you're only as good as the service you provide.

"so those bemoaning the skin looking too "plastic" or whatever the whining was, are likely actually annoyed that the artists have rendered the skin too realisically for a woman in her 20s and in essence are actually complaining they've done too good a job."

The FX Guys blame the poor effects on the You Tube compression rate used in the trailer (at timestamp 6:44)

Me personally, I enjoyed it. Liked the use of the 4th wall to jump into the origin story. Very quickly covered.

I don’t like my “Radiated Mutant Hulk People” being portrayed as intelligent and able to form coherent sentences and thoughts.

I prefer my “Hulks” to be big, angry, green, easily confused, brutishly stupid, and unable to contribute or participate in society.

The fact that the main character of this show is intelligent and coherent enough to hold down a job and otherwise be a fully participatory member of society is a hard pass for me.

“Hulk Smash!!!” is more than the shriek of an ignoramus who doesn’t understand what is in front of their face, it is a philosophy for life.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings.

If Bruce and Hulk had merged into one being, then why would one half allow the other half to create an inhibitor that subjugated him?

It was….ok, I don’t see it going on for years and years.

No matter the context, or whatever the reason behind it, I don’t like seeing men hit women. I imagine young impressionable boys now feeling it’s okay to push their girl cousins around because ‘Smart Hulk’ did, so that makes it okay.

Meh. Not great but not awful.
"so those bemoaning the skin looking too "plastic" or whatever the whining was, are likely actually annoyed that the artists have rendered the skin too realisically for a woman in her 20s and in essence are actually complaining they've done too good a job."

The FX Guys blame the poor effects on the You Tube compression rate used in the trailer (at timestamp 6:44)

Me personally, I enjoyed it. Liked the use of the 4th wall to jump into the origin story. Very quickly covered.
That's cool that these VFX people like it and say its well done but their subjective opinion doesn't change what I felt watching it. Even after hearing said opinion and watching parts of it a second time. Then again a physically enhanced green skinned human (who has not had her skin painted or dyed) is not something I've seen IRL.

Really enjoyed it!
As far as CG, there was a couple of moments when the voice performance of Hulk had emphasis on words that just begged for a bit more corresponding expressiveness in the face acting. I realize they try to reign themselves in, lest CG face performances become cartoony, but sometimes they are too conservative.

Question: from a writing standpoint, how does catcalling and being explained things lead to being murdered? I ask because I’ve seen a clip being shared by everyone about this rant, and it doesn’t makes sense as a writer.
Because some men take offense at being ignored and will proceed to follow/menace and, if they're of a mind, that can lead to murder if he doesn't get the attention he feels entitled to.

Because some men take offense at being ignored and will proceed to follow/menace and, if they're of a mind, that can lead to murder if he doesn't get the attention he feels entitled to.
Still makes no sense. How is having things explained to you lead to murder?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back