Disney + | She-Hulk

282146865_10223395661813392_6504816667769127047_n.jpg

lol @ the Shrek mash up

This like a few of the Disney Marvel shows are all getting created so fast and the production values starting to slip. Show looks campy and fun, but that cgi looks dated/not fully rendered.

Would have been smarter to do her practically with makeup and enhanced her physique with CGI for a realistic performance. Hell, they could have even casted another women to do the physical role and digitally replaced the face.

Just to say, I realize it gets tiresome to hear some of us rip into a show or 'hate' on it so quickly. For me, it's just a bit of fun and venting some frustration. I believe the quality of writing in not just the MCU but many other properties (Star Trek, Star Wars, DC) has just gotten so much worse than it should be. As a fan of comic books from back in the day, I KNOW a character like She-Hulk has tremendous potential but it doesn't appear to be tapped into.

Meh, it's all good. Enjoy guys. Like I said, it's just a bit of venting for me. I honestly never want to antagonize anybody. Cheers.

I also immediately thought of Shrek. They really need to fix the CGI. It looks awful. In all honesty, is it lucky that we get all these shows and movies? Or are the studios lucky if they get our money to watch these things? I think we've forgotten who really has the power here.

Last edited:
When I heard this was happening I got excited for a minute but then saw images from it, watched the trailer and remembered what they've previously done with the Hulk. I'm not quite sure why they're reverting back to this type of material when they took so many steps forward with WV and TFATWS. What gets me is Marvel really can do much better. Maybe they just didn't have the budget to hire decent writers, a competent CGI team, etc. All in all not the end of the world but disappointing.

When I heard this was happening I got excited for a minute but then saw images from it, watched the trailer and remembered what they've previously done with the Hulk. I'm not quite sure why they're reverting back to this type of material when they took so many steps forward with WV and TFATWS. What gets me is Marvel really can do much better. Maybe they just didn't have the budget to hire decent writers, a competent CGI team, etc. All in all not the end of the world but disappointing.
It's been well documented the VFX industry is at breaking point and struggling under the weight of demand.
Something to consider when people have knee jerk reactions to trailers and instantly jump on CGI.
Just one article on this.

VFX Industry struggling

As for the writing, you haven't even watched an episode, how can you comment on that already without the benefit of seeing it?

It's been well documented the VFX industry is at breaking point and struggling under the weight of demand.
Something to consider when people have knee jerk reactions to trailers and instantly jump on CGI.
Just one article on this.

VFX Industry struggling

As for the writing, you haven't even watched an episode, how can you comment on that already without the benefit of seeing it?
I watched the trailer 3 times and thought about it for a while before writing anything so it really wasn't a knee jerk reaction. Like everyone else I was just commenting on what was in the trailer and I what I thought of it. No harm intended.

I appreciate the article. It was nice to get a bit more insight into the particular issues occurring in VFX.

Even when an industry is struggling and the reasons are somewhat transparent, consumer expectations of a decent product remain the same. It's not on the consumer to lower standards and expectations because the industry needs to overhaul itself and can no longer provide acceptable product. It's up to the industry to fix the problems and deliver or hopefully suffer healthy profit loss.

As the article mentions and many on this forum have repeatedly pointed out, unfortunately what seems to be happening is many consumers are just taking whatever they're given no matter how janky or poorly made. This helps the issues in the entertainment industry (including in VFX) to persist and gives no impetus for it to change.

Last edited:
I watched the trailer 3 times and thought about it for a while before writing anything so it really wasn't a knee jerk reaction. Like everyone else I was just commenting on what was in the trailer and I what I thought of it. No harm intended.

I appreciate the article. It was nice to get a bit more insight into the particular issues occurring in VFX.

Even when an industry is struggling and the reasons are somewhat transparent, consumer expectations of a decent product remain the same. It's not on the consumer to lower standards and expectations because the industry needs to overhaul itself and can no longer provide acceptable product. It's up to the industry to fix the problems and deliver or hopefully suffer healthy profit loss.

As the article mentions and many on this forum have repeatedly pointed out, unfortunately what seems to be happening is many consumers are just taking whatever they're given no matter how janky or poorly made. This helps the issues in the entertainment industry (including in VFX) to persist and gives no impetus for it to change.
Would people tolerate a possible delay, potentially a lengthy one of up to a year with no new TV shows or films which required a lot of VFX in order to allow for a manageable overhaul of the industry?
We saw a drop in new media during the pandemic. Would people accept another so soon?
I could go either way.
I don't think there's such a thing as perfect, just varying degrees of finished. I think if you asked a lot of creatives in any industry there are always things they wished they had more time to give to a certain piece of work or aspect of a larger piece to which they contribute. Often there are set deadlines for movies to meet release date windows and likely similar ones in place for TV/streaming.
Whilst I agree the writing on certain rebooted/revived shows has been substandard and that is inexcusable as good writing is the foundation of any film or show, sometimes slight compromises need to be made in other areas. So does She Hulk look photo real in every shot in the trailer? Maybe not but there will always need to be a suspension of disbelief as it isn't real.

The onus of responsibility to deliver a good product is on the one selling the product, not the one purchasing it. The CGI may be a work in progress and may vastly improve as the show nears release (as is standard practice for a lot of movies and shows now) but I think it's foolish for consumers to not have thoughts on what is being shown to them. If they simply aren't ready to meet a deadline because the quality of the product isn't up to snuff, then move the deadline. That's not the consumer's problem. That's their problem.

Maybe the effects industry needs an overhaul and there are shortages in staff, but there are shortages in every industry right now, and yet the consumer still expects results. The demand isn't going to disappear, but I think it's reasonable that the film industry take the same feedback as any other. I fail to see why they get to be exempt from it. Films are made as a means to collect expendable income. They are a service industry. If the service sucks, the consumer has the right to speak their mind. Stop making excuses for bad decisions on their part.

If I sell a bad product or my service sucks, the only one I can blame is myself, so I try and hold to a higher standard. Sadly not everyone feels that way.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back