Disguise Elite Avengers Costumes

spiderfan11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, thought I'd start a thread on this as I haven't seen one yet. I noticed on buycostumes.com that they recently added some "elite" edition costumes for the avengers. Now I know rubies is usually known for crap, crap, and more crap, but it's always curious when they have these types of things. The pics look good, but the question always is: do they measure up in person? And the answer is usually no...

The Avengers Thor Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802632

The Avengers Captain America Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802634

The Avengers Black Widow Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802652

And the iron man one which doesn't have a pic yet:
The Avengers Iron Man Mark VII Elite Adult Costume - Costumes, 802636

Discuss!

Last edited:
Re: Rubies Elite Avengers Costumes

non studio/manipulated photos will make it or break it

Exactly, sadly it often takes someone buying these items to get those. I too am curious to see what the IM one looks like. Out of all of them that would be the one I'm most interested in if it looks like a decent and cheap alternative.

And yeah, I'm sure they are WAY to expensive for what the buyer would get.

It really wouldnt surprise me if the iron man costume was the same as last years...flimsy helmet, plastic light up chest piece, and flimsy half leg covers

I have been victim to a Rubies deluxe suit and was pretty ashamed at the quality up close and as a wearable product. Helmet was nothing like pictured but a little modification and it looked 20% better but all in all I am not a fan of thier products. You are paying for a name brand and not quality IMO

i have researched it and in all honesty if your making an IM suit, the chest piece would look pretty good if done right

The best looking one of the bunch is the Black Widow costume but I think may be mostly because it actually fits the model like it should.

These are actually Disguise items, NOT Rubies and here they are:

Enjoy!!:)

Last edited:

I dont think the iron man costume is the elite one though. looks like the basic aduly costume from a few years back

There is no way for anyone to wear the Thor costume and NOT look like a member POISON.

avengers_assemble_by_adamantium84_d45xxuj.jpg

example of official licensed iron man plastic chest piece with a foam suit

avengers_assemble_by_adamantium84_d45xxuj.jpg

example of official licensed iron man plastic chest piece with a foam suit
That actually looks pretty nice. The only problem is you'd be paying $200 just to get the chest piece and then whatever else to make the rest of the suit, so you'd be better off just saving the $200 to make your own chest piece.

a few thoughts on these:

the black widdow costume looks really good. but you would need the fitting body to go with it, it looks like its custom made for the model.

thor has various things that strike me: it looks like its just the chest fitted to a shirt, theres no detail on the sides. the sleeves are just silver no pattern or barely visible. the gauntlets are strapped on with elastic band, and it has red fabric under it that is baggy. the pants look ok

the cap helmet looks way off to me, ears are so far back. abs section has no definition, gloves look like red silk gloves, same with the gauntlets like thor. also the boot covers look really weird. the jacket and the pants look ok, not perfect but close.

if the retail products resemble the photos, it seems like its an ok-ish price. especially for people who dont know how to sew, and want a cap costume

I don't think that's a official chest with s foam suit. I think it's the marvel ironman appearance costume. Like seen at the premier

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back