Disguise Elite Avengers Costumes

Re: Rubies Elite Avengers Costumes

Black Widow's suit looks pretty decent, I suppose. As does Thor with the exception of the sleeves. But Cap's isn't all that accurate. They've got the jist of it, but not taken the time to figure out the details. Shame that, but what do we expect from Rubies anymore.

On the whole I'd say these could make quite decent suits though, if modded in the right ways. Maybe I'm being a tad too much of a perfectionist lol.

I've spent about an hour reading reviews of other suits that site sells and tbh i wouldn't waist money on any suits from that site, they have a thing for taking photos of the suits or masks at specific angles to make the items look a million times better then they are.

I've spent about an hour reading reviews of other suits that site sells and tbh i wouldn't waist money on any suits from that site, they have a thing for taking photos of the suits or masks at specific angles to make the items look a million times better then they are.

It's not the site's fault, I'm pretty sure all those pics are from the costume companies themselves.

OliverQueenIND, if this suit were truly like the appearance suit, I'd be all over that for $300, I doubt that it would be.

EDIT: Unless you were referring to the one in the picture posted by justinbauler. I don't think that's the appearance suit, you can see big differences in the material from the chest to the rest of the suit. Here's the appearance suit:
me0ou1ddeaa.jpg

yeah Im quite positive the picture I posted is fan made suit with the chest piece and shoulder bells. the rest of the the suit looks pep/foam. Not too sure about that helmet though

Im tempted to buy now....this is NOT my image or own this suit. but its a great picture of the official suit from last year

5509860954_94e2f9fe3f_z.jpg

Im tempted to buy now....this is NOT my image or own this suit. but its a great picture of the official suit from last year

It's too bad these costume companies don't give that extra bit of effort to take this from an OK costume to a good one. The chest looks cool, if only they would have done that for the rest of the suit, like that licensed Master Chief costume. Sure it's more expensive, but I'd be more willing to save up for that that pay less for a mediocre costume.

yeah Im quite positive the picture I posted is fan made suit with the chest piece and shoulder bells. the rest of the the suit looks pep/foam. Not too sure about that helmet though
Justin,
The Iron Man and Cap photo you posted from SDCC last summer is of actors hired by Marvel Appearances for official events.

Although the company contracted to make costumes for Marvel does a pretty good job, the attention to detail does not come close to those made by hardcore fans.
Thom

Justin,
The Iron Man and Cap photo you posted from SDCC last summer is of actors hired by Marvel Appearances for official events.

Although the company contracted to make costumes for Marvel does a pretty good job, the attention to detail does not come close to those made by hardcore fans.
Thom

I guess I stand corrected. But the point Im trying to get at is a costume like this...

which is the deluxe mass produced costume doesnt look too bad

Agreed^ it's still just too bad they don't add a few more pieces of plastic armor so the rest of it doesn't look like the other crappy costumes. Because the chest on that suit looks really good for what it is.

I'll be the guinea pig for the Cap suit since no one is making one right now. I'm hopeful it'll look "good enough" for a few Halloween parties this year.

be sure to post pictures. if there is ever a released image for the iron man deluxe ill be the guinea pig for that one. but i have yet to see a released image

I'm really curious about the Black Widow suit for my girlfriend. Good points about them using models that actually fit the suits really well. My concern is that while she has the same build/frame as the model in the pic, she's only 5'4". Still, I think it would be easier for me to take that as a base and tailor it.

It's just really hard to tell what the material is like. It looks pretty good adn sturdy, kind of like neoprene, which would be good. It's a good chunk of change to fork out it it sucks, though. Guess I could return it if it was really awful...

I'm really curious about the Black Widow suit for my girlfriend. Good points about them using models that actually fit the suits really well. My concern is that while she has the same build/frame as the model in the pic, she's only 5'4". Still, I think it would be easier for me to take that as a base and tailor it.

It's just really hard to tell what the material is like. It looks pretty good adn sturdy, kind of like neoprene, which would be good. It's a good chunk of change to fork out it it sucks, though. Guess I could return it if it was really awful...

That's what I was thinking too, but the site says it's a poly-spandex blend. I might spend the money if it was a fabric that I couldn't just get at Joann's, but I think I might wait for the reviews on this on now...

I just saw this suit a few hours ago on ebay and was thinking it would be a solid base suit. Unfortunately they didn't have my size I would need the Male Tween 38-40" chest for the best fit! Please keep this thread going esp. if someone pics one up!?

I got the Disguise Black Widow Costume, I was highly disappointed, doesn't look like the picture at all, first of all there is a ugly patent leather shiny trim on the front of the suit along the seams, the buckle on the belt is flimsy thin plastic, the taser discs are rubber as is the widow bite bracelets. I am still going to use the suit as a base going to cover up the trim somehow or add new trim, made a new buckle and going to use a new belt too (2 inch)as the one that came with it is 1 1/2 inch, the belt for the holster is good enough to use and modify. My husband is making me more detail parts for the outfit.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back