Die Hard 5 - A Good Day to Die Hard (Post-release)

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was talking to my friend at my sons Bday party yesterday and he said that Die Hard 5 is about to start production. His buddy is one of the Supervising Producer's.

I am pretty excited! I actually really liked DH4.

If I close my eyes during the F22 scenes, I like DH4 as well.

Love to see another.

The trailer for Expendables 2 makes it look beyond awesome.

It was great seeing Bruce in that.

If I close my eyes during the F22 scenes, I like DH4 as well.

Yeah, I hope they go back to the original format and make it a more personal story.

That's where all action sequels fail. They take it too broad and worldly. A personal story can connect with people and make them like the character much more.

Have you guys not yet seen the premise for A Good Day to Die Hard?

Just Google it and it should come up. It's focused on John and his son rather than his daughter from 4.

4 was alright, not great, too much whining from the kid, but I hope that 5 corrects what 4 didn't do so well.

Last edited:
Don't know if I should be excited or not. I like all 4 of the DH films and just hope that they don't stuff it. Some things are better left as is.

Great news, i love this series. JMac is someone who, if done right can go on for a few more movies. Could end up down the track with him being a surly old Captain whos had enough of the desk life......
Would have to fit DH into my top five movies somewhere.

Great news, the four movies were all great, I actually really liked the story in DH4. Can't wait to see what they ahve in store for DH5

Yeah, I hope they go back to the original format and make it a more personal story.

That's where all action sequels fail. They take it too broad and worldly. A personal story can connect with people and make them like the character much more.

Totally.

The 4th was ok. But the stupid car stunts and f22 crap killed it for me. :confused

Take it back to the beginning! Yeah some outlandish stuff but it was the sprinkles... Not the cake! :lol

The new film started filming in Budapest last week. There is a video of a chase scene floating around the internet somewhere.

I'm not too excited about it if I'm honest, I thought DH4 was pretty terrible. The villain was horrid (Tim Olyphant) and the 'sidekick' was probably the most annoying character I've ever seen on screen.

Here's hoping!....

Simon

Die Hard worked because the character was an ordinary guy in extraordinary circumstances. He was barefoot, outnumbered, under gunned, and got his butt kicked most of the time. When he was in over his head, members of the audience actually wondered whether he'd make it.

As the sequels continued, the character became a superhero. The situations had to become more intense because the character became extraordinary.

I think most of us would agree that many movies are fun when they're tense and you're worried about the characters.

Superman was good. Superman II was also fun because he was outmanned and outgunned.

Star Wars was good. The Empire Strikes Back was good because the heroes were outmanned and outgunned. In fact, this was sort of the point of the entire first reel of that movie.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn was good because the heroes were outnumbered and outgunned. (See the pattern here?) One of the heroes died. Good film.

Bruce Willis might have gone through some test fittings of capes for this next film. :lol

Andy

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back