Deprecated Dick Tracy watch replica

nickjm007

UPDATE: All sold out!

Thanks to everyone who supported this project! The watches are now being made and will ship in the beginning of March. Depending on the reviews from buyers and my own interest, I may consider extending the run of this edition to 100.

Until then, I will be concentrating on getting these 20 watches to their owners. Looking forward to sharing them!

Thanks again, everyone!

Hello all,

Now available are copies of my Dick Tracy watch replica.

Please make all orders through my Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215924628/dick-tracy-watch-replica?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=dick+tracy+watch&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

$365

Shipping included for all continental US orders.

International shipping available using USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate for $25.

Made to order and shipped in four to six weeks.

Details:
• Screen accurate replica of the Dick Tracy watch
• Tell the time with an quartz movement (battery powered)
• Battery included (arrives in off position)
• Solid lost wax cast brass case
• Cobalt electroless plated
• Mineral glass crystal (custom created by G-S Supplies)
• Black smooth calf leather strap
• Sealed using Caswell Sealer to protect the finish and your skin against nickel allergies
• Functioning pusher*

*This watch does not contain a radio—so, be sure to call 911 if you need the police.

Thanks!

Best,
Nick Mathis

Last edited by a moderator:
Payment sent! I can't wait!

Great!

Got your PM, but couldn't reply because your mailbox is full.

I'm glad you like the build. It's even more satisfying in person, because of the weight and shine.

And thanks for spreading the word to the Dick Tracy fan group on Facebook—I had no idea they existed.

Looking forward to making the watch for you!

Nick

Okay, who's first to figure out a Bluetooth kitbash into this glorious thing?
I'm positive it's possible!
Possible perhaps, but not easy. The problem is the case and grille being made of metal, forming a Faraday cage which will prevent transmission and reception of radio signals. Replacing the grille with a non-metallic screen painted with a very light coat of gold-colored paint, and the back with plastic might help.

so glad to know these exist. need to sell some stuff!

Ah, yes. Selling stuff. I definitely needed to sell some stuff in order to make these watches—the necessary tools and materials (not to mention trial and error costs) tallied up fast by designing it to be of professional watch quality. I won't break even until I sell quite a few. I'm hoping being on Etsy will bring in a few outsider purchases. I'll also post an Instructable showing the process and a YouTube video showing it off. That should spread the word a bit.

BUT ... it's all for the love of it! I've waited 25 years to get my hands on one of these! Very glad to share it.

Thanks! Now I have to figure out what to build next.

Maybe the comic book version ;)

poster-23631-samsung-galaxy-gear-evolution.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back