DH-17 pistol

The other thing I noticed about the DH-17 pages listed on POSW is that there is no image of the DH-17 used by the Tantive IV troops. You will notice that there is no extension over the barrel (the examples on POSW do). As noted elsewhere, the Tantive IV has a thick trigger guard. Not sure if this is true for all in the scene but all those I do spot appear to be undersized when compared to a sterling.

Also, I cannot get a good look to see if there is any holes on the barrel before the silver area as seen on the other versions of the DL-17. It should be noted that I am being lazy and not pulling out the Blu Rays, but simply going off online screen caps.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=53014

Only the RotJ version had barrel holes and they were made from real MGC Canadian C1 Sterlings. As far as I know, all the ANH DH17s were resin with real scopes.

Screen used ANH:
dh174nf.png

Did they have scope castings on ANH?

The casting I have is a bit undersized but not by much. I have no idea how many generations down it is, but that will have some effect on the size.

rebelblasters.jpg

The castings were also used in ESB:

hothblaster.jpg

Do you think there is enough interest to do a run for a few parts CNC machined? For an ANH one. Or one machined proto and then resin casts?

Thanks. I just put a real grip on it and made the trigger work. I also added an imperial disc to the other side of the trigger group. What I could really use for it now is one of those plastic snap covers for the adjustment dial on the side of the scope.

Did they have scope castings on ANH?
I have only seen clear scope tips in any screen caps from ANH, which leads me to believe that they used real scopes on resin casts.
The blaster in the picture that Kurtyboy posted had the scope added later. (source).

The castings were also used in ESB
Those blaster casts are different. The triggers are still present in the casts and the trigger guards are quite thin.
I wonder if the master for the ESB version was made from scratch with a new barrel.

Last edited:
I have only seen clear scope tips in any screen caps from ANH, which leads me to believe that they used real scopes on resin casts.
The blaster in the picture that Kurtyboy posted had the scope added later. (source).

That would explain it. :lol

Those blaster casts are different. The triggers are still present in the casts and the trigger guards are quite thin.
I wonder if the master for the ESB version was made from scratch with a new barrel.

Do you have any better pics of an ESB?

It is in his holster and I think the handle is facing you... not the scope. See the guy kneeling in the center of the image? Note how the blaster is put in the holster? It is handle forward.

Good images. I'm guessing they were all holstered backwards so the clip wouldn't hit them in the leg.

In the first pic of post #36 all of them are holstered backwards so your point is perfectly valid. My question is... Did they have the mags on the ANH ones? I guess not, so... They made new ones (diferent from the ANH ones) for ESB?

I have no real info... that being said, it would seem that if all the ANH were resin and made from the same cast, then the ones in ESB I would guess were new casts based on the mag, trigger guard and the extension going from the scope rail over the barrel.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back