Destiny Warlock Build (Tengu Operant Helmet) Multi Costume/Weapons

I think the Mythoclast is the most striking prop in the game visually. Amazing design. If you ask me, Bungie took all their good art design with them when they left Halo.

I think the Mythoclast is the most striking prop in the game visually. Amazing design. If you ask me, Bungie took all their good art design with them when they left Halo.

I agree, It's got sweet curves and lines. Wish I could get one in the game :( No one I play with ever wants to do VOG.

So, I got this in yesterday :)

Using a little epoxy to round out the polygons

I'll start doing some clean up to it soon.

Holy mackerel! Beautiful stuff thus far, man!

As for VOG... I have yet to do it for the same reason, so... here's my 360 gamertag:

TD0013

Look me up in game and let's see if we can find others to muddle our way through it!

Looks great, Tony. My bank account is standing by, lol. I would run Vault with you. Unusually play pretty late at night though, on Xbone. It took me about ten runs on hard to get the Mytho. It's my go to Iron Banner gun. I call it the Meltoclast.

How big is that print, by the way? Are you using epoxysculpt for the resurfacing?

Holy mackerel! Beautiful stuff thus far, man!

As for VOG... I have yet to do it for the same reason, so... here's my 360 gamertag:

TD0013

Look me up in game and let's see if we can find others to muddle our way through it!

Thanks bud. I will definitely add you. I haven't played for a little while due to this project. I have all three class to 32 though :)

Looks great, Tony. My bank account is standing by, lol. I would run Vault with you. Unusually play pretty late at night though, on Xbone. It took me about ten runs on hard to get the Mytho. It's my go to Iron Banner gun. I call it the Meltoclast.

Ha ha nice. I want the Meltoclast then! Also, what's you GT for the Xbone? I need to get one soon. Most of my friends have moved on to the Xbone.

How big is that print, by the way? Are you using epoxysculpt for the resurfacing?

It's a decent size print. right around 46" to 48" or so. I think it's scaled pretty good because the gun is pretty darn long in the game. Yes, I'm using something very similar. I'm using Free-Form sculpt by smooth-on to re-surface the rounded parts. I'm going to have to re-build certain parts though to get the detail. it kind of reminds me of doing a pep. Trying to get rid of the polygons :)

It's a long tedious process. The results of 2.5 hours from last night.

Thanks again for viewing guys!

I'm really liking it, the mytho is surprisingly big. When I first saw my character holding it on the character screen I was kind of surprised lol. This is my current most wanted prop. I'm MADOS121. Xbone is nice, it's the most useful box I've ever had under my tv.

I got my helmet kit from Tony last week, and am very pleased with it. I've not made it too far on assembly yet, just got the visor sections cut out. The parts are cast very well and it's practically ready to be glued together out of the box.

I'm really liking it, the mytho is surprisingly big. When I first saw my character holding it on the character screen I was kind of surprised lol. This is my current most wanted prop. I'm MADOS121. Xbone is nice, it's the most useful box I've ever had under my tv.

I just got the XBONE! I'll add you tonight bud.

This is absolutely amazing. Great job!

Thank you sir. I appreciate the kind words.

I got my helmet kit from Tony last week, and am very pleased with it. I've not made it too far on assembly yet, just got the visor sections cut out. The parts are cast very well and it's practically ready to be glued together out of the box.

Thank you so much for the kind words bud. I can't wait to see it all dolled up. I need to make one for myself soon. I'll be working on stuff all weekend and try to post some more pics soon. Been really busy at work lately. I have got more stuff done on the Mythoclast, I just want to get it a little further before I post.

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement!

-Tony

So….here is what I got completed so far. Im going to need to kick it into gear if I want to make the DragonCon deadline.

Hunter parts for my GF:

Iron Banner helmet for my cousin, he will be finishing it though:

Progress on the Mythoclast:

That’s it. Hopefully I can get some armor parts completed for the hunter and Warlock out of foam this week.

Thanks for viewing.

-Tony

Looks good Tony. That is a lot to do before DragonCon. I'm hoping to have my Warlock by DragonCon 2016. As a side note, I finally got the Tengu helmet in game, so I can see what the different shaders look like on it. Too bad it's a rare helmet and not a legendary, really want to use it all the time now. It's spiffy! Looking forward to your warlock build, what robes you going to do?

Looks good Tony. That is a lot to do before DragonCon. I'm hoping to have my Warlock by DragonCon 2016. As a side note, I finally got the Tengu helmet in game, so I can see what the different shaders look like on it. Too bad it's a rare helmet and not a legendary, really want to use it all the time now. It's spiffy! Looking forward to your warlock build, what robes you going to do?

Thanks my man! I feel you on the Tengu rare issue. I totally wish I could ascend my in game tengu helmet to light level 42 :(.

I'm thinking about going with the old Kellbreakers Cloak:

We'll see. Hopefully it comes together.

I look forward to seeing how your build turns out Mados.

-Tony

Hello all! I haven't forgot about the build. Life just comes up from time to time. I was able to get a few hours of work in this weekend.

Here is how the Mythoclast is turning out.

So thats where I am with the Mythoclast. It's going to take me a lot longer than I originally anticipated :(

Also, I got my 3d printer in finally.

I'm currently trying to figure it all out.

Test prints:

And...........I decided to try and learn how to sew. It's very intimidating for me. But, it's a new chance to learn.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I have more progress to show after this weekend.

Thanks for viewing guys!

-Tony

Did you design and cut the patterns on your own for the coat or did you get help from anything else? I'm having the hardest time trying to figure that part out right now..

Did you design and cut the patterns on your own for the coat or did you get help from anything else? I'm having the hardest time trying to figure that part out right now..

I am actually eyeballing it. I'm trying to figure this out as I go. I need to alter the patterns you see above. I'm afraid its trial and error. I which I could find someone who has the patterns too.

Thanks for viewing.

-Tony

Tony,

Glad to see you're "sewing" room is similar. Every time I venture in to attempt a sewing project, it's with a beer (or several)...

Tony,

Glad to see you're "sewing" room is similar. Every time I venture in to attempt a sewing project, it's with a beer (or several)...

Yeah man, I always enjoy a good brew when working on projects. :)

So....I put the coat on hold. Im waiting for my awesome templates made by Spaceinvader from Etsy!!! Here is a link for anyone wanting to get their own.https://www.etsy.com/listing/234193400/preorder-destiny-warlock-coat-cosplay?ref=shop_home_active_2

In the interim, I will continue to work on the mythoclast and other armor pieces.

Thanks a lot for viewing guys!

Tony

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back