Destiny Warlock Build (Tengu Operant Helmet) Multi Costume/Weapons

Hey blackula I sent you a few messages about the embellishments if you could pm me back I'd really appreciate it thanks! :)

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, it definitely keeps me motivated. So, I wasn't able to get much done this weekend on the warlock due to the cold. My girlfriend keeps telling me it will get warmer here shortly but I'm pretty sure she's lying...lol. With that said, I was able to focus a little more on her helmet for the hunter costume.

ATS/8 ARACHNID Sculpt

Started out with the basic shape

Quickly sculpted the respirator and various other pieces out of monster clay and made quick transition molds for them:

And presto, the start of the helmet

I still need to refine the shape of it and do some clean up on the casted parts. Hopefully it turns out looking good and I have something else worthy molding.

Thanks again for all the comments. Means a lot!

Tony

Aaaand wow

Thank you!

That's awesome! Also, any idea when the Tengu Cast will be available for sale?

Thanks bud. I'd love to give you a date. unfortunately, this is how it looks outside.

I don't have much left to do on the warlock, but what I have to do requires it to be around 65 degree or hotter. I need decent weather so I can put some elbow grease into the pieces. I'm going to start molding pieces of the Warlock shortly, It doesn't look like it will be completed until mid March due to the weather. If I get a solid weekend, I can start molding after that. fingers crossed that this weekend looks good.

Thanks for viewing guys!

-Tony

Awesome work! Loving that you chose the Gjallahorn. Will you be making a lens for you're warlock and will you be able to see out of you're hunters helmet when its cast? Really look forward to seeing them completed. Keep up the good work.

Awesome work! Loving that you chose the Gjallahorn. Will you be making a lens for you're warlock and will you be able to see out of you're hunters helmet when its cast? Really look forward to seeing them completed. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Crispy! I'll definitely make a lens for the helmet and include them in the castings. The hunter helmet is going to take some experimentation, I do have an Idea and I think I'll be able to make it work. Thanks again for the awesome comments bud!

-Tony

Wow, I was just in Sanford, NC for work expecting the USA to be warmer than Scotland...nope! Aberdeen was 4 degrees warmer than NC haha. Though I do believe in summer it becomes sweat city! :(

Hope you can get stuff done on the casting, my solution is the heating on, and hop the GF doesn't kill me

I've been painting outside, then putting it in a box and taping the hell outta it and bring the box inside for warmer Temps

Wow, I was just in Sanford, NC for work expecting the USA to be warmer than Scotland...nope! Aberdeen was 4 degrees warmer than NC haha. Though I do believe in summer it becomes sweat city! :(

Hope you can get stuff done on the casting, my solution is the heating on, and hop the GF doesn't kill me

Yeah man, it's been crappy. However, this weekend was perfect. got a lot completed.

I've been painting outside, then putting it in a box and taping the hell outta it and bring the box inside for warmer Temps

Yeah, I made a hot box for my parts. This weekend was grat though. Almost done with the helemet.

So, here is the results of this weekends work on the helmet.

Had to grind all the detail out of this because I couldn't get it clean and scratch build it back.

Pretty much finished. Just need to do a final sand with fine finer grit sandpaper and sanding sponge. Prime and then gloss paint the parts ready for molding. I would have had everything ready but I dropped the jaw piece and it cracked slightly. I now have to epoxy it. It should be a quick fix though.

Thanks for viewing. Sorry for the blurry pics :(

-Tony

Any updates? I've been watching for these in the Junkyard. That's a fine space wizard helmet!

Any updates? I've been watching for these in the Junkyard. That's a fine space wizard helmet!

I do :) Thanks for following bud.

Current progress:

I still have to mold the jaw piece and complete the inner silicone/jacket piece for the helmet shell. I hope to have it all finished by Sunday with some castings too :)

Thanks again guys for checking out my build.

Tony

I don't care! Just take my money! Looks great, looking forward to finishing up one of these kits when you offer them.:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back