Design the Spring 2012 RPF Shirt - Win $300!

Some really nice designs there but shouldn't these ones say "DEDICATED TO" rather than "DEDICATE TO"? I especially like a the "Hack & Recast" ones. They wouldn't be good for me but they look great.

Some of my design that were submitted. Enjoy!

RPF1_front4copy.png

RPF1_front2copy.png

RPF1_back3acopy.png

One thing I have to think about for myself for shirts with designs on the rear, is that much of a big design won't be seen. As I sit in a wheelchair only designs across the upper back are visible.

Some really nice designs there but shouldn't these ones say "DEDICATED TO" rather than "DEDICATE TO"? I especially like a the "Hack & Recast" ones. They wouldn't be good for me but they look great.

Thanks!

You're correct ... it should read "DEDICATED TO" rather than "DEDICATE TO". Easy fix. But these are only concept so I'm not too worried.

Great ideas everyone!

I really love that ESB style shirt...:love

It looks pretty much perfect as is on the front, but maybe the small RPF logo could go on the back up near the neck instead? That would perfect it IMO. :D

Woo-hoo! replicas (albeit parody) of design classics!

RPF_shirt_Empire.jpg

Nice idea Superkrates! I hope you don't mind but I attached a slightly edited version to show better what I mean.

-Carson

Great ideas everyone!

I really love that ESB style shirt...:love

It looks pretty much perfect as is on the front, but maybe the small RPF logo could go on the back up near the neck instead? That would perfect it IMO. :D

Nice idea Superkrates! I hope you don't mind but I attached a slightly edited version to show better what I mean.

-Carson
The edit makes it even more perfect... add a black shirt and I'm in. (Ok, maybe just a tad smaller than seen here).

Great ideas everyone!

... I attached a slightly edited version to show better what I mean.

-Carson

Thank you! Artistic minds think alike, I just change mine too often - your edit looks remarkably similar to the first draft I created (not shown).

DBOYSLADE has some really amazing designs, too... I'm loving the hack & cast design.

This can't be an easy decision. But, if I were a betting man - I'd guess they're not going to go with the ESB design.

DBOYSLADE has some really amazing designs, too... I'm loving the hack & cast design.

This can't be an easy decision. But, if I were a betting man - I'd guess they're not going to go with the ESB design.

I hate to say it but I think your right. Recently this forum has proven that even tough we all have different tastes we can all come together behind one common element THE RPF. And that is what this Shirt should depict. It should be about this forum and about all of our interests in Creativity, Construction, and Collecting. This is why my money is on AKluthe's design.

AKluthe, I have a suggestion for you. To get all the elements together you should somehow add a "Collection" of the old Logo's either to the front or back with your Logo. or if the Logo has not changed then perhaps the Logo in a couple different Colors just to show a collection of some type.

P.S. If you do use this and win all I ask is an XXL Shirt out of your winnings. ;):p

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I think your right. Recently this forum has proven that even tough we all have different tastes we can all come together behind one common element THE RPF. And that is what this Shirt should depict. It should be about this forum and about all of our interests in Creativity, Construction, and Collecting. This is why my money is on AKluthe's design.
It seems that the diversity here (ie non-star wars) is much more in focus.

That said, the ESB design is still my top choice!!

Now that we are back where we belong, we will FINALLY be announcing the winner to this contest by the end of the week and get the ball rolling on an all new RPF shirt!

Whew! This was a long time coming after that attack on our site! We had dozens and dozens of amazing designs entered into this contest and at the end, we actually surprised ourselves in choosing a winner. While there were at least 4 designs we REALLY liked, something about the old school feel of superkrates ESB inspired RPF Logo really inspired us. With the RPF's past being predominately Star Wars, we thought this would be a nice nod to that history (as well as the use of the full name of the site!)

While this started out as the "Spring 2012" shirt... it looks like it is going to be the Spring/Summer shirt at this point. We will be getting in the artwork soon and will be offering these up for sale soon!

I'm just curious: It seems like over the last year+ there has been a lot of discussion about the re-branding of the RPF. Moving away from it's Star Wars roots and even reducing the use of "The Replica Prop Forum" in favor of "The RPF". Then the shirt chosen, is basically screaming "Star Wars" and using elements that were being phased out.

Really, I'm not sour grapes here, but this shirt just seems to be a complete 180 from what you have been talking about for some time now.

I'm just curious: It seems like over the last year+ there has been a lot of discussion about the re-branding of the RPF. Moving away from it's Star Wars roots and even reducing the use of "The Replica Prop Forum" in favor of "The RPF". Then the shirt chosen, is basically screaming "Star Wars" and using elements that were being phased out.

Really, I'm not sour grapes here, but this shirt just seems to be a complete 180 from what you have been talking about for some time now.

You know what? That is a 100% legit question and I can understand the confusion.

Let me share our line of thinking on this matter and what led us to this choice.

We were originally leaning toward a logo-centric look, but because we plan to do about two-three shirt runs a year, we decided we should perhaps go with something a bit more whimsical and something more inline with what appeals to our members than constantly forcing our brand down your throat. Our first shirt and the Wolverines shirt were both very focused on the logo and there is no doubt that we will have more shirts in the future that are heavy on the logo.

After all the seriousness of the last few months, we just wanted to go with something fun and nostalgic and we think superkrates design really speaks to that and will appeal to a wide audience.

While I do like the design I can't help but notice that it doesn't fall into any of the rules you set forth in the contest.

You must include the official RPF Logo and "therpf.com" somewhere in your design.
While it isn't a requirement, we would prefer you use "the RPF" instead of "the Replica Prop Forum" if you choose to use our name.
Please do not gear the artwork towards a single franchise.

Doesn't really seem fair to the people who submitted designs based on your instructions.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back