Denuo Novo (only) New and existing products

KRENNIC CAPE -- INCORRECT COLOR & STITCHING

After waiting a long 5 years after purchasing this blasted thing -- wrongly assuming they actually had access to screen-used ensembles -- I finally received the Krennic cape today. The color is more of a tan tea-bag than the white or even the off-white we see Krennic wear in the film. Also, the stitching work on the collar is incorrect; same for the collar itself, which is far too short.

The only good thing I can say about this cape is that they did get the shoulders right where so many fail (i.e., the cape drapes slightly over chest in the front, as it should). But beyond that, this is certainly not worth $200. I was a fool to think this cape would be any good for all these years, always restraining from having a custom made in the interim, but I am glad I didn't purchase the tunic or I would have two wrong-colored pieces to take up room in my closet... If anyone has the tunic, I would love to hear about it or see it!

And the fabric is cotton POLYESTER -- not the pressed-cotton twill the listing boasts or what was actually screen-used; the fabric is far too thick on this cape as well. And notably, this item shipped from Rubies, as the FedEx sticker said (a pity...).

I can post pictures if anyone is interested. For the layperson cosplayer, this cape is okay -- but for us Krennician purist out there, look elsewhere. If anyone can recommend a suitable cape on the market, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

We stand here amidst Anovos' failure!

I would assume if the item is truly made of a different fabric than what is listed on the site, you should be able to return it for reimbursement. I would also like to see what it looks like.

I heard back from DN about the gift card. The Rey staff was a total of $322.10 and they sent me a gift card for $400, so that's promising. Now I just need to decide on what to use it for. I would've loved to have been able to take advantage of the prices last week. I may sit on it for a while until the next sale.

1. Anovos screws up (and its customers) and ends up folding.
  2. DN, with no responsibility for this whatsoever, picks up the tab and are in the process of fixing [some of] Anovos' mess.
  3. Customers like Ares X are able to get a store credit in exchange for undelivered merch.
  4. Plus roughly 20% of what was owed
  5. Plus an additional $50 rebate.
To say that DN is trying would be an understatement.
We who have been screwed by Anovos are l-u-c-k-y to get a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g at all from DN.

2. DN, with no responsibility for this whatsoever, picks up the tab and are in the process of fixing [some of] Anovos' mess.
  3. Customers like Ares X are able to get a store credit in exchange for undelivered merch.
We who have been screwed by Anovos are l-u-c-k-y to get a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g at all from DN.

I will be on board once I have an actual item in my hands, but I will say I am thinking DN has seriously stepped up.

Not sure I agree with the no responsibility because I have a feeling they're more connected to Anovos than they are willing to admit.

After getting the free email offer from DN along with the $400 gift card, I am heavily leaning towards ordering the Imperial Royal Guard helmet. I've read some reviews and watched some videos and it looks really good. If anyone knows any reason why this is a bad idea, please voice up. Thanks!

After getting the free email offer from DN along with the $400 gift card, I am heavily leaning towards ordering the Imperial Royal Guard helmet. I've read some reviews and watched some videos and it looks really good. If anyone knows any reason why this is a bad idea, please voice up. Thanks!

I didn't get any feedback about the Royal Guard helmet, but I did just place an order with Denuo Novo for it and sent them an email with my order # to get reimbursed for shipping. If this all goes well, I will become a very strong advocate for Denuo Novo. Hoping this doesn't turn into another Anovos nightmare.

I didn't get any feedback about the Royal Guard helmet, but I did just place an order with Denuo Novo for it and sent them an email with my order # to get reimbursed for shipping. If this all goes well, I will become a very strong advocate for Denuo Novo. Hoping this doesn't turn into another Anovos nightmare.
There are several videos on Youtube for the Denuo Novo Royal Guard helmet. Mine is from Anovos. In general I am happy with the other helmets I have received from Denuo Novo. The FO Flametrooper had an issue, but they resolved it.

There are several videos on Youtube for the Denuo Novo Royal Guard helmet. Mine is from Anovos. In general I am happy with the other helmets I have received from Denuo Novo. The FO Flametrooper had an issue, but they resolved it.

I watched those videos, which is why I chose to go with it.

I have the Anovos Tank Driver helmet and it's one of the nicest helmets I own. I also own the AT-AT Driver, but it's not fiberglass, so it's hard to compare and I own the Mandalorian (Din Djarin) helmet and it's decent, but the double visor thing was weird. Oh and I have two sets of TK armor that are proudly displayed in two different rooms in my house. Primarily it was the service and QC that I had issues with Anovos.

"lucky"?! Because of the commitment they made to fulfill Anovos orders we are 100% entitled to fulfillment. Not my decision. Their decision.

That said, I am expecting a costume ensemble.

And when I emailed them a couple times they got back promptly and said that they were definitely going to make it.

Now they claim to maybe have a better sense of a timeline in December.

But otherwise dead silence.

Dude, they are obligated.

But dead silence very much means years. You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that.

Long live the unlicensed market...

"lucky"?! Because of the commitment they made to fulfill Anovos orders we are 100% entitled to fulfillment. Not my decision. Their decision.

That said, I am expecting a costume ensemble.

And when I emailed them a couple times they got back promptly and said that they were definitely going to make it.

Now they claim to maybe have a better sense of a timeline in December.

But otherwise dead silence.

Dude, they are obligated.

But dead silence very much means years. You know that. I know that. Everyone knows that.

Long live the unlicensed market...
We're lucky that they committed to fulfill the (SW) Anovos orders, absolutely. Until that happened, they owed us nothing, and we weren't entitled to anything. That's what I meant by lucky.

I agree with you that, because they have since committed to fulfilling those back-orders, yes we are somewhat entitled to the merchandise we paid for - or at the very least entitled to some form of credit.

Whatever licensing agreement DN ended up making with Disney, if that meant picking up the mess - and DN agreed with that; that's where the luck (or fortune) lies for us, in my opinion. My assumption is that DN getting the license was made easier if DN picked up Anovos' mess. DN could have easily said "no thank you" and walked away. But - fortunately for us - they agreed.

It's unfortunate (and frustrating) that some DN products have been delayed further, but at least we now have a shot at recovering some of our purchases, which positively wasn't the case a year ago.

We're lucky that they committed to fulfill the (SW) Anovos orders, absolutely. Until that happened, they owed us nothing, and we weren't entitled to anything. That's what I meant by lucky.

I agree with you that, because they have since committed to fulfilling those back-orders, yes we are somewhat entitled to the merchandise we paid for - or at the very least entitled to some form of credit.

Whatever licensing agreement DN ended up making with Disney, if that meant picking up the mess - and DN agreed with that; that's where the luck (or fortune) lies for us, in my opinion. My assumption is that DN getting the license was made easier if DN picked up Anovos' mess. DN could have easily said "no thank you" and walked away. But - fortunately for us - they agreed.

It's unfortunate (and frustrating) that some DN products have been delayed further, but at least we now have a shot at recovering some of our purchases, which positively wasn't the case a year ago.
Oh agreed, Pepperbone with the only caveat being this: I had a small claims court decision in Los Angeles against the Anovos criminals but collecting got really muddy once DN claimed a swoop to the rescue.

That sucks. A few folk in that situation.

What is it with the repeated line up of losers in this subculture offering product, taking payment for product, and then whining about how hard it is to do?

What is it with the repeated line up of losers in this subculture offering product, taking payment for product, and then whining about how hard it is to do?
I would say that is evidence that it is a hard business to succeed in. People that are fans have the desire to do research and make high quality products, but they may not have the business knowledge and resources to succeed long term. Professional business people may have the resources and business knowledge but not have enough desire to produce quality products that the fans are willing to pay lots of money for.

I suspect Denuo Novo has more resources than Anovos had which allows them to have more items in stock and get better contracts with manufacturers. So far the quality of their products has been pretty good, but most were previously developed by Anovos. It remains to be seen how products produced by Denuo Novo from the start turn out.

Probably the best situation would be for people with passion for the products get hired by people who have the business knowledge and resources and the designers are allowed enough discretion to produce items at the level fans will want.

Oh agreed, Pepperbone with the only caveat being this: I had a small claims court decision in Los Angeles against the Anovos criminals but collecting got really muddy once DN claimed a swoop to the rescue.

That sucks. A few folk in that situation.

I hear ya buddy.
And I can see how things got complicated if legal actions were taken in-between the last months of Anovos and the introduction of DN. :(

People that are fans have the desire to do research and make high quality products, but they may not have the business knowledge and resources to succeed long term. Professional business people may have the resources and business knowledge but not have enough desire to produce quality products that the fans are willing to pay lots of money for.
It's a long lasting tradition.
Someone else posted something similar in the Kenobi show thread a few weeks ago and my brain's been preoccupied by it ever since. I'm planning professional life changes in part because of scenarios like this.

Probably the best situation would be for people with passion for the products get hired by people who have the business knowledge and resources and the designers are allowed enough discretion to produce items at the level fans will want.
That's the magic formula, isn't it? :)

I agree we are lucky Denuo Novo is filling the Anovos unfilled orders. That may have been a requirement to get the license, but we don't know. They may have chosen to take the orders with some kind of financial arrangement because they would start off with many orders to fill. This would allow them to build a reputation of delivering products that hopefully meet the expectations of the customers. A new company starting from scratch may have had difficulty getting orders and building trust after the issues with Anovos and efx.

I think they recouping the money lost from fulfilling Anovos orders in their inflated prices ($600 X-wing helmets compared to Anovos $350 helmets)
Anovos had those prices in 2017 and 2018. Anovos also had a cheap price for the OT Stormtrooper armor originally, but increased it significantly in later runs.

Shoretrooper Helmet
Anovos: $675 in fall 2020
Denuo Novo: $675

Mandalorian Helmet
Anovos: $649 in Jan 2020
Denuo Novo: $700

Red Leader Rebel Pilot Helmet
Anovos: $449 in May 2019
Denuo Novo: $600

Clone Trooper Phase II Helmet
Anovos: $600 in April 2019
Denuo Novo: $675

Luke Skywalker X-Wing Helmet
Anovos: $339.15 in April 2018
Denuo Novo: $550

Just to clarify my point on “luck” here because I conflated things.

My luck was originally a court order against Anovos and my efforts to collect were in motion. However difficult for me to achieve, Anovos was obligated to pay up.

As soon as DN committed to fulfilling orders, Anovos had some footing in an appeal and the obligation shifts to DN.

To paraphrase Colin Powell, “if you break (my court order), you own it.”

I will never feel grateful for orders to which we have all been arguably entitled for years.

That is the only reason I had any problems with the word “lucky”. Semantics maybe, but the words in question still have more meaning than “order fulfillment,” granted haha.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back