Democracy is Non-Negotiabe! Liberty Prime cosplay.

DJdrummer

I think it'd be super fun to tackle a giant costume on stilts. So I've decided to do Liberty Prime from Fallout 3. I've made A paper model of the helmet from a pepakura file I found here >(http://www.paper-replika.com/index....le&id=3185:fallout-3-liberty-prime-&catid=104) in order to get a feel for the scale. Off that I figured out the dimensions for the final costume. I'll be wearing drywall stilts 27in. from the ground. I'll be making the large hands animatronic like whats illustrated in this tutorial >(http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Animatronics-robotic-hand/). The costume gonna be pretty bulky so I'm planning on making a pvc skeleton resting on my shoulders/back. The thighs and upper arms won't fit with my puny human anatomy so I'll have to wear a black undersuit and build the costume around that. I'm thinking of going with eva foam for the bulk of the costume and paper mache for the head.

20141106_091344.jpg 20110207043950!Fo3_Liberty_Prime.jpg

My friend brought to my attention the fact that I'd need a way to easily get out of the costume if I wore it at a convention in order to use the restroom. So I'm thinking I can make the whole costume stand on it's own on the stilts and have the back open up to step in and out of.

Last edited:
RESURRECTION!

So Fallout 4 is totally awesome. The return of Liberty Prime with all new HD models and textures had me excited to dig this project back up. I've decided it's best to build a stilt frame from scratch to be sturdier and more in line with LP's proportions. Woods to heavy, PVC is too flexible, so I landed on aluminum.

Untitled-1.png

20151217_173020.jpg

Also started on the head.

20151209_121832.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back