Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

right guys first a huge thank you to robo and stealth for these amazing pep files and hard work ad the tutorials on you tube and all the other guys who have contributed to this thread

so being inspired i thought i would make a start on my own iron man costume so heres the photos

ive been using 6 mm camping foam mats and also 12 mm anti fatigue mats although im finding theses tough to use as they are so thick so build is on hold at the moment whilst im waiting for some 8mm camping mats to be delivered here is what ive done so far in 2 weeks

helmet
013.jpg

010-1.jpg

chest
002-6.jpg

shoulders
002-5.jpg

back
005.jpg

me wearing everything ive built so far
004-1.jpg

what do you guys think???

Re: Robo3687 - IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates -Easy to Build "Green" Versi

lol extream close ups!!! didnt relise my photos would be so big please excuse me gluing techniques lol this will eventualy be tidied up before paint lol

That's a nice start, keep on building mate !

Wow, the paint tones came out really sharp? Did you use rattlecans?

Hey guys, everything is looking awesome! I wanted to drop in and say that STEALTH has been taking a hiatus from everything for a while, not to worry there's nothing wrong. I know some people have been wondering what has been up with him. I've also been a lil busy at work for the past week, so if anyone has any questions feel free to pm me or ask them here. I'll do my best to answer em.

j0wE

Heeeeeelp!!!!

Those any body has some close pictures of the boots (MKVI) I'm using the 10mm EVA foam and have no clue where to start putting it together...Any help will be appreciated...

thanks so much for your help in advance....

regards

David

WOW, that looks fantastic! well done. I hope mine comes out as nice.

Ok!!! I give up!!! I can't find the correct way to size the MKVI files to fit me, can any one tell me what's the best way for me to size it...I'm 5'11'', 172 lbs and my waist is a size 34, my shoes size is 10.5....pleeeeaaase help a brother out...I already wasted 1 1/2 packs of foam....is there a way that I can combine all the files and scale them in one shot to make them fit...thanks in advance for your help

The thing is, the whole suit will come out huge (for me at least) if you have an average body. I'll suggest you to scale the pattern (-10% or 20%), print them and then, use some tape and see how it turns out in paper first. Just so you can see if the foam version would fit you.

Once you've found the correct scale, remove the tape and use your paper pattern for the foam version.

Don't give up, we all encountered problems but fortunatelly, people here are always here to help and motivate us when we feel low.
Once you'll see some result, i can tell you that you'll get the fever and won't sleep until you've finish a piece.

It happened to me ^^

its true its a bit trial and error ive wasted a fair bit of the anti fatigue mats buy not getting sizing right for my back armour without thinking i took a measurement from the bottom of my back to the top of my shoulders spent a whole day building it to only relise that i had done it to big and it looked like a turtle shell on me lol.ive since brought some 8mm foam and have decided that the 12 mm anti fatigue stuff is just to thick to work with! so im going to start the front and back armour again and possibly the shoulder armour that ive done in 6 mm foam as its a bit flimsey. i scaled my back down by by 10% remember dont go into change parts size on pepakura as they will add all the fiddly bits back onto the page scroll a bit further down to change scale and this will let you scale it up and down without changing the page lay out and adding all the fiddly bits that were originaly removed.but i think i also need to scale down the front by 10 % but will have to wait and see.keep at it and dont give up :)

Are there spine and hip pod files floating around?

Just post them here so everybody can enjoy these patterns :)

OK guys, thanks so much for all the tips...I did what you told me and I found a scale that fits the shin...I will see if it can be applied to all the parts...I will post my work as soon as I get something done....till then good luck everyone on your build.....

I also need the MKVI hips pods too...can somebody post it here?

Thanks

Since these are Robo's files and this thread is about his stuff anyways, I don't see the harm in sharing unless someone tells me otherwise.

They have NOT been edited to be foam friendly but I don't see it being a difficult task for someone to do.

STEALTH posted a great tutorial if you're wondering how to do so.

Once again, credit for the files belong to Robo.

Hip Pod.

Spine.

And @ 2lrg4hr: Where in Schaumburg are you? PM me if you want. Would be freaky if you were super close to me.

Last edited:

Okay guys, I'm proud to show you the result of a long journey :)
Carefull, pics heavy !

First of all, after 2 coats, the suit looked terrible.
The paint tone was too light and had a plastic/rubbery look..
Then, to make it darker, I used black acrylic, dry-brush technique and it was WAY better..
Here are some pics of the weathering process and some comparison to show you what I was talking about :

12018616138188_img_1336.jpg

3124726086141_img_1361.jpg

Huge difference right ?

Once the whole suit was weathered, I used some silver paint to give a used, battle-damaged look.

I may did it too much, I know. But I really wanted to give it a unique look, instead of a regular paint which would seem too clean, not realistic. I guess..
I painted the edges and dry-brushed the whole thing.

The result :

5878299151296_img_1385.jpg

13746207811743_img_1386.jpg

7447284427077_img_1387.jpg

14736998092806_img_1388.jpg

14440476847896_img_1389.jpg

3503677647195_img_1384.jpg

Helmet shots !

13638549748626_img_1390.jpg

11802080043963_img_1392.jpg

16514900024832_img_1393.jpg

20520518042970_img_1351.jpg

I had to rush the paint in the end because we needed the suit to shoot a video teaser for a party but meh, I still love how it turned out :)

I'll post some pics of me wearing the suit once my friend will give them to me. I actually didn't see how it looks worn yet but, according to the response I got from the people, I did a good job :)

What do you guys think ?

By the way, here are some close up of the boots 2lrg4hr needed :)

628462467468_img_1379.jpg

14437945661040_img_1380.jpg

14365512865044_img_1381.jpg

15557106083805_ouvrir.jpg

Hope this will help. Don't give up mate, in the end, the result is worth the troubles. :)

Thanks so much buddy! Ok I'm in hardware mode!!! I think I got the scaling figure it out, thanks for pics MrBibou they will help me a lot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back