Definitive christoipher Reeve Superman bust 1:1

Looks pretty great!!!!

I gotta ask though, why is there a hole in the hairline area?

The eyes look pretty amazing as well. Can't wait to see how you paint it up!

Chris

yeah i was wondering that too..............

Do you plan to punch in real hair or just paint it

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words, that little hole is because of the curl, it has a small hook to be attached and then pasted to the bust. :cool

Thank you for the kind words, that little hole is because of the curl, it has a small hook to be attached and then pasted to the bust. :cool

Ah, makes sense :)

Awesome work man! Can't wait to see it painted up!

Are you going to cold cast one of em? I think it'd look pretty sweet in a pewter or a bronze style.

Chris

That looks great, bone/muscle structure, facial features, etc. Regarding the pores, were they that big on CR in real life?

Pores and skin texture are most profound in modeling, because the in the process of making the mold and copy and especially aftert the painting, the texture will look softer. :thumbsup

I'm not a fan of sculpted hair and that's not because of a lack in the artist's skill, its just that in IMO the hair never sits/looks right - possibly because the skin is realistic with the hair looking what it is: "sculpted".

That aside I must congratulate you on what has to be one of the very best sculpts of Reeve I've ever seen. You've truly nailed every aspect of the man of steel and Reeve himself. I'm delighted you might do a deluxe version with real hair because I believe that will make this the best Reeve sculpt there is.

Highest regards

MARK

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back