Definitive Ant-Man 2015 Costume Thread

Is there a specific one that I should use from the link

Id probably use the high flex one. You are talking about the tube one the suit correct? Might help around the arms and hands and stuff.

Each tube comes in different sizes. Youll have to research them more and decide what hose is the size you need and does what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-and-rubber-tubing/=ypmj14

Im not sure what size/diameter you need

Id probably use the high flex one. You are talking about the tube one the suit correct? Might help around the arms and hands and stuff.

Each tube comes in different sizes. Youll have to research them more and decide what hose is the size you need and does what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-and-rubber-tubing/=ypmj14

Im not sure what size/diameter you need

Yeah the tubes like this:
Ant-Man Silver Tubes.jpg

When you said "arms and hands and stuff" did you mean this:
Ant-Man elow Tubes.jpg

Okay ill do my research and find the best one for me. Thanks

Last edited:
Am i able to use those tubes for the the tubing on the chest area?

I think there could be some problems using that flexible rubber hose

Rubber does not hold silver paint very well. Tends to stay tacky.
I think i am going to try 3/16 polyethylene tube. You can sand it to give it some texture for the paint to bite into
and I may user 5/16 to create the connectors.

Hope it comes out alright. Well see.

Spent all afternoon working on belt pieces out of PVC Sinatra board.

What pieces are you making out of the PVC Sintra board for the belt

this is just a start and they all need clean up. some are in different stages

the back belt piece has had all the corners softened with a dremel, filled with glazing putty and sanded. it will need primer, a gloss coat of black then a coat of chrome,
Final steps are polishing and then rub a gloss coat of black in all the crevaces and recess to weather.

DSC00780.JPG

Here is the Pym particle container boxes on the side of the belt. They still need a coat of glazing before any painting
I bought 4 small LED flashlights that will be installed in the front to simulate the particle vials.
I bought some red tail light lens repair tape that I can use to tint them bright red
belt 2.jpg

Here are all the front of the belt pieces. They still need sanding and glazing etc. disregard the center parts they are just place holders till I make a center disc that is lit
belt pieces.jpg

There are come small connectors to the back of the side boxes I still need to make. Once everything is painted I think the best approach is to attach everything to a piece of
2 inch web strapping and figure out some sort of system to hook it closed

Here is the start of the device at the top of the back. All the angles were a bear to figure out. Still have to add the hose connector to the bottom and the plate at the top that holds the cylinder that the helmet hoses are attached to. this needs lots of finish work
DSC00784.jpg
DSC00785.JPG

Here is a swatch of marine vinyl fabric I found that will be perfect for the red portions of the body suit
DSC00787.JPG

More to come

I'm using spaz stix ultimate chrome. I saw a YouTube demonstration where a guy did a test on 16 brands of chrome paint and that brand far our outperformed all others by a huge margin. He then did a tutiorial on how to get the most realistic effect with that brand.

I'll probably end up using soft rubber tubing..way more flex..print the connectors and paint it up.. rubber holds paint just fine.. I paint rubber cowls everyday..and they are not tacky.

I think there could be some problems using that flexible rubber hose

Rubber does not hold silver paint very well. Tends to stay tacky.
I think i am going to try 3/16 polyethylene tube. You can sand it to give it some texture for the paint to bite into
and I may user 5/16 to create the connectors.

Hope it comes out alright. Well see.

Spent all afternoon working on belt pieces out of PVC Sinatra board.

I'll probably end up using soft rubber tubing..way more flex..print the connectors and paint it up.. rubber holds paint just fine.. I paint rubber cowls everyday..and they are not tacky.

do you mix any latex additive in to keep the paint from cracking. I airbrushed a latex Predator body suit but I made sure to mix in Monster Makers Latex Paint Base.
I've Never had any success with any rattle can paint on rubber. Any time it flexes it will crack.

Has anybody else had any luck purchasing their costume online? CosplaySky canceled my order due to lack of fabric so now I'm scrambling to find another seller. My helmet from TheRocketeer will be arriving soon and I'd like to have a costume for Halloween.

Has anybody else had any luck purchasing their costume online? CosplaySky canceled my order due to lack of fabric so now I'm scrambling to find another seller. My helmet from TheRocketeer will be arriving soon and I'd like to have a costume for Halloween.

I actually had the same problem as well as a few other people in my cohort.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back